Drowning in the Shadows

Drowning in the Shadows

A Story by GoldenWings
"

Alice is thrown off track as darkness and evil enters her world, filling it with maddness and turning the hero she once was, into a villan only hungry for power.

"

Drowning in the Shadows

 

I gazed down upon the camp before me. My name is Alice. With the power to control ice I am one of the five legendaries. We control the fate of a small sanctuary called, Pointed Stones. I live here along with Bone, the devil himself, able to pull others to a land of fire pits and zombie dogs that tremble before his paws. Sasha, a ghost, unable to die, she is indestructible unless she lets herself become vulnerable, Snow, able to have second chances at life and resurrect himself from the dead, and last, Star, our leader, She has the power to duplicate and fly, she is strong and has many unknown powers that only she speaks of. We are the five, the forces of nature and life. I am here to tell you there story of the legendary’s, but to tell your there’s, I have to tell you mine.

It was March, the frost melting and the sun coming out from hibernation. Today was supposed to be my assessment to become a full legendary, but I had other ideas. You see, when I was merely a kit I always wanted power, to control others, to lead, this want soon took over my life and I became nearly indestructible. This all changed today.

 

1

I woke to the sound of the frost dripping away. I hated spring; winter was more of my style. With a flick of my tail I sent my den back to an icy cavern. I decided to slip away for the morning, get some air. My paw steps turned a frothy blue color as I walked down the path out of camp. Stupid sun! I thought. I passed by Bone and Snow sharing their morning meal. Sasha was batting a mouse around and Star, well, she just was being Star, “Oh Good Alice, I need you to do something for me please.” I ignored her and kept on walking.

 “Alice!” she barked. The others suddenly became quiet and turned toward our direction. 

I sighed and turned around, “What.” Star gave me a very stern look than padded away.

I sent a warning look to the others and walked out of camp. The forest was quiet, the way I liked it. I settled myself on top of a small cliff, it was grassy, and in the morning, shady and cold. I sat and thought, I thought for hours, but it all felt like days. I was thinking of leadership, command, and Star. I thought of my own clan. When I headed back to camp, night was emerging. I was known to leave camp frequently but not this much, “Hey Alice where’ve you been?” Bone asked.

 “At the waterfall I lied.” I would always say waterfall because I didn’t like being fallowed, nor does any cat. Bone just nodded and went back to his meal. I smiled and walked into my shady den, I wondered what it would be like to have my own clan once more and promised myself I will have that chance no matter what. Nothing would stop me from gaining power except power itself.

 

2

 

                The sun was hidden by clouds of grey; they looked as if they would plummet down from the sky at any moment. I breathed in the cool morning air and thought, Maybe today will be my chance. I highly doubted it though I always promised myself that, I didn’t want to stop being a legendary, but something told me I had to. I stopped studding the heavy clouds and saw Sasha padding towards me with a happy expression that told me she was going to say something stupid like she always does, annoying. “Hey there Alice!” she said happily.

I tuned away not wanting to hear her, when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye I turned back but saw she was sadly dragging her tail away. “Maybe it would be better to actually open up to everyone.” A voice said behind me.

I recognized it at once, growling, I turned around and snarled, “I don’t need your advice Star!” I hissed into my leader’s face.

Big mistake. Star’s eyes blazed with anger as she lashed out at me with her vicious fangs, I dodged easily, Star was lower than me, she couldn’t fight as well and everyone knew it.  Star scowled at me before stalking away to join the others. I growled to myself and dashed out of camp. Why is it when you say you don’t need others help they always reject your opinion? That’s the problem with wolves like them, It sickens me to think they ruled this place before anyone else. I walked around for a bit blowing away my anger then walked back, star and the other’s weren’t there, they once in a while left on warm nights like this. I didn’t care, walking into my ice shielded den I settled down and drifted into an uneasy sleep wishing the darkness could just consume me so I wouldn’t have to be here, be a legendary, be in Alice’s group, anymore.

 

© 2011 GoldenWings


Author's Note

GoldenWings
I wrote some of this about a year ago and just found it now so the writting stye might be diffrent when it comes to description and the main character's point of view.

Its not compleated yet, im working on it bit by bit but I have it all planned out so it shouldnt be so hard.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on August 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011
Tags: cat, wolf, elements, powers

Author

GoldenWings
GoldenWings

Im my own little world called BriarLight, NY



About
I Love to write, (well would i be here if i didnt?) Im in a state of being blocked at the moment, worst moment in my life... I started writting in the third grade and am slowly getting better and bet.. more..