Uncertainty

Uncertainty

A Poem by Magdelena
"

Life's moments

"
I sit in a puddle of uncertainty.
All around me, water seeps in,
taking me under its weight, devouring all that I am.
My thoughts are blank.
What clarity I once held,
seems to have vanished.
Try as I might, I grasp what small moments of visions I once had.
Of the dreams I told, felt, promised, of myself,
For myself.
How hard it is to forge ahead.
How simple life is, yet so hard it has become.
I am the key.
I am the lock.

© 2019 Magdelena


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have not visited you poems in quite sometime. Many of us come and go with long pauses between check ins

This is a great poem about changes in life and how the unexpected leave us reeling and trying to figure out a way to trudge forward in the muck that has washed out our path forward.

I love the imagery and the weight this poem carries. The end with I am the lock and am the key says a great deal. True happiness and forging forward come from within us.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


This is a very powerful and evocative piece. The metaphor of being submerged in water is very effective at conveying a sense of uncertainty and confusion. The speaker's thoughts are blank, and they feel as though their dreams and visions have vanished. The line "How simple life is, yet so hard it has become" is particularly striking, as it highlights the paradox of life and how things that should be easy can become so difficult. The final two lines, "I am the key. I am the lock." are especially thought-provoking, as they suggest that the speaker holds the power to unlock their own potential and overcome their uncertainty. Overall, this is a very moving and thought-provoking piece that captures the struggle of trying to find one's way in a confusing and uncertain world.

Posted 9 Months Ago


We all have our own key. We have to learn to help ourselves and escape whatever is keeping us locked in. Now that can be hard work and painful too.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


(I am the key. I am the lock.) Indeed! Bravo. ~Sharon

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 11, 2019
Last Updated on March 11, 2019

Author

Magdelena
Magdelena

Charlotte, NC



About
Hello to all; Been awhile since I been on. Most know me, some don't. Hopefully I can get to know the few that don't and catch up with all the other fine fellow poets/friends that have become so.. more..

Writing