Words

Words

A Chapter by InsanityWriter
"

Just some words on words...

"

Sticks and stones cannot hurt me.
I'm better. Stronger. Tougher than that.


But words?
Words slice through me like blades into water. Words cut into me like razor sharp knives slicing skin, easily, so easily.


Words penetrate my very being, entering my dreams and imagination.
They kill me over and over and over each time they're repeated. Again and again and again.


It's like I'm trapped. I can't escape. These words are holding me down. They've trapped me. They're suffocating me. I can't breath. I can't think. I can't survive like this. I can't, I can't, I can't.


Words aren't a substance. They aren't anything. "What's in a name?" Words don't change who you are...
Those words are lies.


Words turn into tears. They drip from your eyes at every utterance of them.

Words are knives that stab you every day, without a drop of blood. That's why no one ever notices.

Words are gravity. They're what pull you down into humiliation whenever a foot is out-stuck in front of your feet. They become the force that drives you so deep into the earth that you cannot claw your way to the surface, and they become the energy that relentlessly keep pushing you downwards. Deeper and deeper ceaselessly.

Words turn into that poison that seethes through your veins. That seeps into your mind. That urges you to die.

Words turn into lies. All the lies.

"I'm okay."

"I'm alright."

"No, it's fine, no offense taken. None at all."

 

Words turn into laughs. Empty laughs. Laughs filled with the soul of hollow death that has been drained of all love, light, and happiness. Laughs that slowly kill you. Laughs that are cyanide.

Words turn into the putrid vomit. They're what make us so imperfect. We need to fix ourselves. The words told us to. They tell us. They'll ever be telling us.

You're no good.

Ugly, fat, stupid, retard.

You're no good.

 

The words turn into stomach acid. Empty stomach acid that we need to be rid of if we want to please the words. The words that have become that vomit.



Nobody's perfect. Just ignore them.
Yes. Ignore the words being blatantly screamed onto your ears. Blared for all the world to hear.

It's so easy, until the words radiate within your own head. The only place where they cannot die. Cannot be forgotten. Cannot disappear.



Words don't do anything. They can't. They're just-just words!
But words do do things.
Words are what starve us. Starve us of dignity and beauty. Of ourselves. Happiness. Love.

Words are what beat us down.

Words are what bruise us, choke us.

They are what humiliates us. They torment us until we cannot and will not survive. They are what drive us to that point at which we are willing to throw ourselves off the cliff of insanity that we did not realize we passed miles back.

Words kill us. They kill us on the inside, so we want to die on the outside.

They're sugarcoated and beautiful. They're sweet loveliness and flowing. They're everything you think they'll be, until they stop. They turn into everything they say you are.

Ugly. Stupid. Fat. Retard.

Words are what they are. They are what you are, for "you, by any other name, would be just as hideous."



Words are power.
Why can we not remember 'love' is one of them?



© 2013 InsanityWriter


Author's Note

InsanityWriter
Thanks for reading. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words are knives that stab you every day, without a drop of blood.

Favorite line! So accurate.
This is all very true, and people don't realize how much their words hurt. Sometimes the smallest little comment can really hit home.

The good thing is that positive words can also carry a lot of weight as well. Keep your chin up, and spread the happiness!

Posted 10 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

Thank you for taking time to red my work. (: I truly appreciate it!! ^_^
Carly

10 Years Ago

No problem, I enjoyed it!
I can really relate to this. word hurt worse than anything because of words is why i started cutting in the first place. I wish i could still cut but feelings are what made me stop. If only it were words I would still be cutting today.

Posted 10 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you're not cutting anymore. :) It's very brave of you and I respect you for doing so. :) Th.. read more
Clove

10 Years Ago

I'm glad your not doing that anymore! I'm so relieved. I hope your okay though!
very common thought, especially for me. I loved when you said "words slice through me like blades in water" along wih many other lines in this piece. They stuck out to me mainly because i relate. Fantastic piece i enjoyed reading it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you, once again, for reading my my work. :) I'm happy you like it!! (:
awesome write, I loved this so much. Now its my turn to say your ending was perfect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Aww! Thanks! ^_^ I really appreciate your review. :)
wow!!! great write i loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thanks! (:
I absolutely loved this! This was a great way to get the truth out there about words hurting and cutting to the core of everyone. Positive, uplifting words are what we should be saying, but instead we cut others down and make them feel worthless. Well done with this write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you. ^_^
This is a brilliant write... wow. I was pulled in from the start. Your WORDS are powerful, they tell a powerful story that needs to be told and understood. I love this piece of writing. Very well done, these WORDS needed to be said. Very loudly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thanks. :) I'm glad you liked it!
Lesson l-learned indeed. In-In-inspiring.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. :)
Is this the start fo something bigger. This is good and the message is great and the very last line says it all. Very cool indeed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading. :) I'm glad you liked it!
I agree with what you want to point out here, that's right, we all lie at times and we say those words so we could feel better than before. Thanks for the share~!

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading! :D
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

You're welcome and thanks for sharing

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 24, 2013
Last Updated on February 24, 2013


Author

InsanityWriter
InsanityWriter

I'm amongst my people. Praise!



About
****Please review some of my works if you're going to send me a friend request, I will return the favor. Thanks!! :) I write mostly poetry, but I do have a book of short stories (it's literally cal.. more..

Writing
Chasm Chasm

A Poem by InsanityWriter



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..