Chapter 5: A Revealed Plan

Chapter 5: A Revealed Plan

A Chapter by Viney
"

And the suspense between the few hybrids builds.

"

 The four of us were seated in the main room in front of Magma. I listened intently while he explained the real reason for hybrids.

“You guys were, uh, enhanced with the hybridization. That's why WG(World Government) has all of you as soldiers. When the scientists first tested the hybrid medicine, they found it made humans stronger, smarter, and increased their life-span. Of course, they took advantage of this, and used this power for their own selfish reasons.” He paused for a moment.

Lark spoke up. “Why do they need soldiers? I thought WG united the world!” Magma's eyes narrowed.

“Not for long,” Our eyes widened. “The Eastern Hemisphere and the Western Hemisphere have decided to split, and they divided the armies too. The Eastern rulers were abusing the people on that side of the world. The Western rulers tried to stop them, but with little luck. The East thinks it's the fault of average humans that the world was in ruin. They want to get rid of them, so the 'enhanced' half-humans could fix it. By the way, WG doesn't consider hybrids as humans, as screwy as that sounds. Western Government doesn't want this to happen, so they're preparing to fight the East. The general public doesn't know anything about it yet.”

I had a question. “So if they've already divided the armies, we're in the Western one, right? I mean, we came from the West.” My three friends agreed. Magma gave us a sad look. “I'm afraid not. The selection process is weird and random. We're property of the East. Remember, they don't consider us human.”

This was bad! We were on the side that caused the problems! Remora wasn't thrilled either.

“I want to fight for the West instead!” Magma's eyes darted around nervously. He leaned in.

“Hush!” he whispered. “They have the place bugged! You can't be talking like that!” Remora gave a small gasp and covered her mouth, as if trying to deny she said anything.

Too late.

Men in WG uniforms burst through the door that said AUTHORITIVE STAFF PERSSONEL ONLY. I barely stifled a scream and backed away as they grabbed Remora by both arms and dragged her out of the room! Lark tried to save her, but got pushed away. Blaze and I looked each other in the eyes and turned then glanced toward Magma.

“What are we going to do?!” Lark, Blaze and I demanded in unison.

“D'know. Guess we wait and see if she comes back out the same way she went in.” Shrugged Magma. He got up, crossed his arms and left, with his tail dragging on the ground and his ears drooping. Lark seemed close to tears.

“I'm leaving to!” she said, her voice cracking. That left me and Blaze in main room.

“I don't suppose you know you're going to do, do you?” Blaze asked.

“I don't know. Maybe talk to some of my other friends. Maybe go back to my room; read a book, go to sleep, or grab some food. Gee, I hope Remora is okay.”

I let out a long sigh. Going to sleep actually sounded like a good idea. I was exhausted. I said good-bye to Blaze, and went to my room. The instance my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.



© 2013 Viney


Author's Note

Viney
I tried to use suspense here, but I'm not sure if it was that good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on March 15, 2013
Tags: hybrids, hybrid, halflings, science fiction


Author

Viney
Viney

Like I'm giving that out., CA



About
Hello all, I'm a young writer that goes under the pen name of Viney, who is often the name of the main character in my stories. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not good at what I do. Age is.. more..

Writing