Chapter 14: The Darkest One

Chapter 14: The Darkest One

A Chapter by Viney
"

Another perspective, with new twists thrown in.

"

I made sure everyone was asleep, then slipped out of the dorm. I couldn't afford to be late for this, I could lose everything I was trying to achieve. I padded quietly down the hallways, only occupied by a few lax guards. They barely blinked when they saw me. After all, I was an ally. I finally found the right door, and grasped the handle. The door immediately responded to my fingerprints and swung open. The room was very dimly lit, allowing the projections to be seen more clearly. A shadowy head nodded at my entrance, and I sat down on a chair at a large circular table in the center of the room.

I trembled slightly. The people in here were not to be messed with, they were all powerful and I was just another experiment. Not a particularly special one, either. Everyone else in here was very high ranked, and in charge of a lot, and I mean a lot, of things. They started speaking, the meeting had officially started.

“So, has there been any change in the dorm?” someone asked, the question directed at me.

“Only Spark talks to me. I feel like everyone else is beginning to suspect me.” I answered, speaking the words slowly and softly.

“Well, be a better actor. Get involved with them, be normal. Be like you were before we started talking to you.” a deeper voice said. I nodded my reply, and the rest of the meeting did not involve my mission. I sat quietly, and didn't get involved. It wasn't my place to, and it was better for me to stay out of most of this mess anyways.

I was sent back to the dorm. I silently crept by the sleeping bodies of my comrades, those who I was betraying. At first, it was hard. Hard to watch them, to give away their secrets and plans, information about my friends. But I had no choice. It was them or me, and I figured I'd be able to pay them back eventually. I believed that I'd find a way to help them more.

After time, however, I began to lose my feelings for them. After all, it was all just a matter of survival. If they were to continue so naively without seeing the lies in front of them, then they weren't smart enough to be bothered with anyways. Now, I would become above the rest. I'd keep this up, and I'd be put on top. Out of danger, where life was easy and my mutations would benefit me.

I gazed down at the sleeping body of Spark. I smiled slightly. She was the only thing left that gave me a gentle, kind feeling. What a fitting name for her, I thought, bemused. She calls herself Spark, and she sparks emotions in others.

I reached my bed, and laid down. I shut my eyes tightly, my small burst of feeling gone, replaced with a strange numbness. I twitch my glossy black tail, thoughts dwindling as dreams engulf me.



© 2013 Viney


Author's Note

Viney
Whoohoo! The first chapter that's actually been freshly written and then uploaded! I finished this tonight, and am rather pleased with it. Although that's how I think everyone feels when they just finish something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013
Tags: hybrids, hybrid, halflings, science fiction


Author

Viney
Viney

Like I'm giving that out., CA



About
Hello all, I'm a young writer that goes under the pen name of Viney, who is often the name of the main character in my stories. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not good at what I do. Age is.. more..

Writing