Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Viney
"

And the story begins.

"

I am running alongside my team. We navigate the sharp twists and turns of the crumbling buildings. People living in these once mighty skyscrapers watch us with fear and scorn as we race by. Who cares? I don't. I just want to live. I hear the pounding footsteps behind us. Footsteps of special people. Bad people. The girl to my right falls. The boy on my left stops to help her. I just keep running. I hear their pleading cries. “Silver!” they cry with desperation in their voices. I can't stop though. Must live! Is the only thing running through my mind. Their cries get louder and shriller, then they turn into screams. Tears well up in my eyes, but I must blink them away. I have to keep running. I stop in a hole in the side of a “building”. More like a pile of rubble. Everything is silent now. Then something happens that makes my blood turn cold. One last scream, a scream of fear, because of the bad people, and a scream of anger, for I betrayed them. My team is gone. I think, hardly believing my own thoughts. Gone. I let the tears out now. I know I am safe enough to cry here.



© 2013 Viney


Author's Note

Viney
My newest story opens up to us. I hope you enjoy, I really think I have more improvement here. Other chapters are finished, and will be coming soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013
Tags: Rogue, rogues, Silver, gangs, dystopian, science fiction, horror, thieves, outlaws


Author

Viney
Viney

Like I'm giving that out., CA



About
Hello all, I'm a young writer that goes under the pen name of Viney, who is often the name of the main character in my stories. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not good at what I do. Age is.. more..

Writing