My Life in a Nutshell

My Life in a Nutshell

A Story by Viney
"

It's just my life story up until now, which isn't as traumatic as some, but isn't just your average peachy life either. I just needed to vent this, that's all.

"
Okay, so I'm a fairly dark person. Not emo, just macabre and twisted. Happy. But twisted. I thought it had all started after a dark time in my family, but a couple of weeks ago I realized that I had been like that all along. 
When I was four, I hated princesses. I drew one getting her head cut off. Oh, my parents loved that one.

Up until about age nine it more or less just stayed to me drawing pictures of sharks eating things. Sometimes even people falling in the water and being eaten. Charming. Other than that, I was an innocent, gentle, and kind little kid.

Age nine or ten, something dramatic went on in my family, and my slightly younger brother and I were the oldest, the only ones able to grasp the situation. I hated all of it and cried a lot.

Fifth grade was okay.

Sixth grade, I changed. I started to take less of an interest in science and sharks, and started drawing and writing instead. No one was very supportive of me, and I often got made fun of for it. I was outcasted, and realized that I always had been. I spent a lot of late nights drawing violent things and playing dark music, and a lot of time crying. Then I learned how to make my computer into my drawing tool, and vented onto there as well. There was a time in my life where I couldn't smile, afraid that I'd cry if I did. 

At the end of sixth grade I moved across the country. I spent a boring summer crying for no reason. I now think that I may have been lonely. I got much better at drawing, and wrote stories all the time. I became so eager for school to start so I could start over in a new state, new city, new life.

Seventh grade. I changed. I became happy and bold. Still a weird, outcast, nobody, but it was a large school, so I found weird, outcast, nobody friends. It was a happy life, left alone with my smart, unique friends, improving vastly in what I did, and supporting my friends in what they did.

The end of seventh grade was a little rough. I met a boy, and developed a crush on him. I became bold in seventh grade, so I worked up the courage at one point to tell him how I felt. It ended up with him pretending to like me for a couple months while he spread vicious rumors behind my back, me only learning from some of my not-so-good friends. I ended up feeling great once he finally came clear with it all, happier than I expected. Then he pestered me up until the last day of school.

 Somewhere in the middle of all this, a girl started school here after moving. We found we had a lot in common, and I'd say she's one of my best friends now. She would let me vent all my crazy ideas and twisted thoughts to her, and gave her criticism on my stories and drawings. In turn, I let her do all the same things.

Now the school year is over, and I'm left with just myself, my family, and a few email addresses on normal days. I'm a little worried for eighth grade up ahead, knowing that there were rumors that I learned of too late, and that high school loomed overhead. High school sounds terrifying to me, like middle school on steroids. I'll also be going to the high school on the other side of town, away from all my friends. I'm hoping that I stay clear of trouble and that things go smoothly.

For now, I'll just do what I've done since I was a depressed sixth grader: Write and draw, venting my emotions in a peaceful way. Listening to the same dark tunes that used to get me through the night and now lift me higher.

© 2013 Viney


Author's Note

Viney
This isn't anything big, mostly just me getting out something I've wanted to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why arent i in there T~T

Posted 10 Years Ago


Viney

10 Years Ago

You're one of my smart and unique friends, Teka.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: Viney, life problems, problems, life, things get better, be yourself, weird is good, weird, macabre, dark, twisted, kid

Author

Viney
Viney

Like I'm giving that out., CA



About
Hello all, I'm a young writer that goes under the pen name of Viney, who is often the name of the main character in my stories. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm not good at what I do. Age is.. more..

Writing