1, the more serious stuff.

1, the more serious stuff.

A Chapter by Princeps Magnus Astrum Carnifex
"

I had, what one of my close spiritual advisers told me, was a past life experience, in the form of a dream. It was very touching, so it is a sad one.

"

September 1938. Munich, Germany.

 

      she was beautiful. i swear she could have been an actress or a model, if things were different. but it was not to be. the Nazi party under Adolf Hitler, a man so mad with power,    he had become not man... but for all sense of the word, EVIL. My family and i had just moved into the apartment next to hers, and i made sure to introduce myself that very evening. all of the other neighbors were Nazi sympathizers, or worse, Hitler youth and SS. her family was the only Jewish family in the flat. i had a very horrible feeling of foreboding about the whole situation since we moved here. i was on the verge of becoming a man, and war was looming across the whole of the world. i dreaded the day that the soldiers would come and drag me away, hand me a rifle, and order me to kill another living being. she was almost 18 too. and every day we heard stories of regular people being rounded up and shipped off to wherever those trains went. but they never came back. never. and then one day we heard a knock at the door. they came. the Nazis. the SS.

we were royally fucked, i thought. but they weren't here for us. they were here for autumn. the beautiful girl next door.  i ran next door and tried to help her, but a Nazi rifleman must have seen me running, and a .303 round whizzed past my ear. i ducked, and bolted for her apartment, bursting through the closed door. her family looked up from the radio next to the couch, startled beyond belief. i said, "we have to go NOW!" but it was too late. Six Nazi stormtroopers entered the room, screaming with their rifles pointed at us. there was a brief pause, then they all snapped to attention as an SS officer slowly walked into the room. but not just any officer, this was Herr Manfried. The ugliest b*****d I've ever had the disgust of meeting.

he was fanatical. he was cunning. he was ruthless. if he came for you, you were either dead or worse, experimented on, tortured, mutilated to the brink of death, and then made to walk laps around the town, with your insides trailing under your feet. if you resisted this, you would be handed a gas mask and sent with your family to the firing range to be shelled with mustard gas, made to watch as your family burns from the inside out. still alive, yet powerless to help them.  but we were spared such a fate. autumn's father, a burly, large man, rushed Herr Manfried with a steak knife. Herr Manfried simply stepped out of the way at the last second, tripping her father  and drawing his pistol, he said softly, "guten nacht." [goodnight] then as her father looked up at Herr man fried, all the hate and rage of a thousand souls, opened his mouth, as if to say something.

but it was already too late. the hammer had fallen on the firing pin, igniting the gunpowder,

sending the 9mm round spiraling into the man's forehead, instantly killing him.

 

autumn screamed, and stood up about to flee, but i was already there, clutching her, holding her

close. and then my eyes met Herr Manfried's. there was no soul. there was no light. there was only darkness. cold, cold darkness. i may not have been Jewish, but i sure as hell was not a Nazi. i can't even begin to fathom what had driven Herr Manfried to this dark, dark existence.

or if he was even human any more. if autumn's fate was to be, so too would mine.

i said to her mother, "I'm family." then the soldiers bound all of us in chains and marched us passed autumn's father's silent body, into the hall, and passed my mother. she looked at me with  horribly pained eyes, and i just held my head up high, proud that i was finally standing up in what i believed. what i believed, was that we shall not live in fear of repercussion of what or who we loved, for it was better to die on your feet with the ones you loved, then live the rest of your life on your knees regretting one cowardly act. we were hustled into the street and tied to a post. i watched as a panzer, huge and clanking, rolled up 50 feet away. autumn looked at me, her eyes full of love and warmth knowing death was just moments away. then there was loud solid 'chink' of a large gun breech being closed. my sight did not stray from hers. i swore she was smiling boldly at me. i smiled back.... there was a shout, then a loud blast and smoke. and i never broke my gaze from hers. then the world fell away. she was gone. and so was I.

 

 

when freedom burns, the final solution, dreams fade away, and all hope turns to dust.

when freedoms burn, the curtain has fallen, lost to the world, as they perish in flames.

 

 

when liberty dies, and truth is denied, the world needs to take notice. "The holocaust" as it was called, should have never happened. lest it happen again. one world, one master race, not Arian, not Negroe, not white, but human.



© 2015 Princeps Magnus Astrum Carnifex


Author's Note

Princeps Magnus Astrum Carnifex
this is still a rough draft, but it is very close to being finished. I Write from a First-Person perspective, so it might be a bit confusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015
Tags: WWII, Drama, Historical fiction


Author

Princeps Magnus Astrum Carnifex
Princeps Magnus Astrum Carnifex

Dunedin, FL



About
I am not a writer, I have not Written an entire paragraph in my entire life. What I am however, is a Storyteller. most of my writing is fantasy/sci-fi/raunchy comedy. I take heavily from anime,.. more..

Writing