Not the beginning, but the middle.

Not the beginning, but the middle.

A Chapter by Mahala Saylor

Thoughts, what bizarre and brilliant things. Billions of different thoughts streaming through our heads daily. It is said that the average person thinks between 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Well that's what Jasmine Newburry was, a thinker. She thought all the time, about everything, and anything. She wasn't your normal 16 year old girl, and her thoughts didn't always revolve around the same sort of thing that other girls did. ( BOYS, BOYS, BOYS) She thought about them occasionally, but they weren't always her main concern. Her thoughts were more about her life, her future, and her family. Her family, she rarely knew where to begin with a group of people as peculiar as they were. Four siblings, I guess you could say they were a rather large family, even though there were only five that lived in her house now. Her and the two devil twins were all that remained from the Brady Bunch of long ago. Her two older siblings were long gone, and they'd escaped when she didn't see it in her future. Her dream had always been to get away from the devil and his mistress, a.k.a her parents. Jasmine, tweedle-dee, and tweedle-dumb, were the lone prisoners. They boys had been a different story since day one though. Jake and Matt were brought up much differently than her and her older siblings; Marcus and Jordan. Marcus was the eldest, insisted in the Marines, he had said at their last holiday meeting. Jasmine and Marcus had never been particularly close, but they did understand each other, and each one of them had to ban together if they had planned to survive under their rooftop. Jordan on the other hand, was Jasmines Fairy God Mother. It was because of Jordan that she'd made it this far, and she would go to her grave respecting her for that. Jasmine loved Jordan more than she loved herself. Jordan was her mother, her sister, and her best friend. Jake and Matt were a whole different story. They looked at Jasmine as a stranger, sharing their living quarters. They resented her for having to stay behind. Things had changed with the twins birth, Jasmines mother had changed, she had seen the twins as a second chance at parenting. Not even Jasmine could argue with the fact that she needed a do over in that department.


© 2013 Mahala Saylor


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 10, 2013
Tags: boys, love, teen, siblings, family, help