Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rose Tyler
"

This chapter was way overdue to be finished.

"
    "Lily! Where are you?" I hear my mother call for me once more. Whatever has happened, it cannot be good. My mother is usually level-headed, cool, calm and collected, like my father. She never gets out of sorts over anything whether it be a fight in our pack, spoiled meat or a failed hunting trip. The only time she's remotely lost her calm is when there's a death among us, even if it's not one of our own. Judging by the sound of her voice, it's definitely one of our own and quite possibly someone we all love and hold dear.
    "Mother, I'm coming!" I yell to her. I hope it's not our "grandmother" Elise. She's not really anyone's grandmother, but she is the eldest wolf in our pack. My other concern is if it's one of mine own companions that's supposed to accompany me on my trip.
    My blood runs cold at that though - losing one of my companions. It would wound me deeply to know if one of them had died. But my blood goes from cold to ice as I think
Oh Lord. Please, please don't let it be Jaxton. Please God don't let it be him. I run even faster so I could see what has happened.
    About 5 minutes later I arrive, panting and ready for what's to come. Turns out, I would never have been ready for what I saw: 3 of our pack are dead - Roma, Rose and Geoff, Jaxton lying in the snow next to them with heavy wounds as well as my father. I immediately flashed back to Jack and for a moment, I believed Jaxton was Jack because all of the wounds he had were on the exact same places. The scratches, his ear, his tail, everything. Now there was only four of us left: me, my mom, Elise and Elizabeth.
    It was too horrible for me to see so I turned around and sat on the snow with my head bowed.
    My mother cried for days, while I hardened. I told her to step down, leaving me the leader of our pack since all that was left was women. All of the other were either too weak from whatever happened in the attack, too young or never had the idea of wanting to be Alpha.

    Two weeks later, I called for a meeting among what was left of her pack. There hasn't been a meeting called since my father was alive. Meetings were usually saved for something important, nothing trivial. The topics ranged from a great hunting trip to deaths. This meeting however, was called because I have made my decision.
    "My fellow pack mates," I began
or what's left of us anyway... "I have called us together now to tell you I have reached my decision of what I am going to do now that technically I'm alpha or head of our pack. I need to tell you that I am moving our pack over to Europe. Or final place will be France, but we will be stopping in London first. I need to meet up with an old friend, the high Lycan, Amergin." (Oh yes. Did I forget to mention, we're not actual wolves, we're Lycans, wolves that can transform to humans if we wish. We are fluent in most languages if we chose to learn them)
    "Why are me
moving to a new continent, daughter?" my mother wondered. I could see the same question written across all of their faces. I looked to them one by one and finally answered the question.
    "Because we are in need of a new leader, not a female but a male. I'm hoping to find him in the states or somewhere along our journey to London and France. Women are not meant to rule a pack unless they are truly made for the position. Me? I am not. I am only like this so we have a sense of direction and where to go."

    "Now," I barked out sharply to regain their attention. "We start moving. Let's go." I ordered.
    Everyone grumbled but started running on what I knew would be an excruciatingly long journey to our new home. First London, then Paris. Perhaps back to London, but maybe not.


© 2010 Rose Tyler


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010


Author

Rose Tyler
Rose Tyler

Gallifrey



About
I write likeDavid Foster WallaceI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! I am.. ♪A writer ♪A caring person ♪Lovable ♪Addicted to music.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rose Tyler