Nerves

Nerves

A Story by Manda
"

You're taking a test and you're so nervous. You cant think straight and your mind is empty. You know you have learned this stuff over and over again but you just cant think of the right answer.

"
     Test taking can be so nerve racking. I mean think about it, seriously. You're sitting in the classroom waiting for your teacher to hand the test out. As she takes attendance to see who is and isn't here, you are trying to go over everything you have studied the night before. Finally, once the teacher is done taking attendance and you have gone over a few things she finally hands out the test. She walks slowly down each aisle and as you watch her get closer and closer, tension builds up. Once she gets to your desk she gently places the test face down. Once everybody has their test she walks back to her desk and tells you to open your books to the first page. She reads the directions thoroughly through and then tells you you have a hour and a half to finish the test. You turn to the next page and pick up your pencil. Your hand starts to shake and you start to sweat. Every question seems to get harder as you go on. Your nerves take over your whole body, but especially your train of thought. You cant think straight and you hear the sounds of peoples pencils as they write down their answers. The clock ticktocks back and forth, the sound seems to get faster and faster, because every time you look at the clock another ten minutes have gone by. When you're finally almost done you look at the clock and you only have a little more than 45 minutes. You start to panic and wondering if you're going to finish on time. You start to rush through your questions not bothering to reread your answer and to make sure there right. When the teacher rings the bell, its over, you drop your pencil and close your book and take a deep breath. You close your eyes and tell yourself you did the best you could do. Then you grab your test and walk over to the teacher and lightly hand her your test. Then you step out the doors and all the nerves you once felt were now gone, and everything goes back to normal as if nothing ever happened.

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
Taking a test can be very nerve racking. I figured why not write about it since many of us will be having midterms very soon! I hope you like it! Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

then the tension builds when she has the scores and said there were a few F's........................................ haha this sounds like my math tests........ everything is so different from the notes and the accual test............... i liked it because my brother has a phobia of test that hes been building up since like fifth grade.....hes getting better..........so i can definatly feel what everyone goes through and i reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy liked this piece.................................. hope that makes sense cuz i have no clue what i just wrote.............. other than the point that i Loved this piece............or did i say like???

Posted 14 Years Ago


RIGHT ON! im always nervous before a big test i spent almost a month studying for my SAT, a simply brilliant story excellent writing of course i noticed and as i see Randa has pointed out there are some gramatical errors but nothing that cant be fixed. great story

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ohh...the emotion I felt before every big test. Excellent job! A simple form of brilliance.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice! That's how I feel during each midterm and final. The only issue I found is: "there" instead it should be they are or they're.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very, very true!
I love the imagery used and it kind of faster at the end like I was in the story. =)
Amazing job!
I loved it!


Posted 14 Years Ago


Familiar feeling... I remember once in my maths exam my hands were shaking so badly I got taken out to calm down for five minutes o.o

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a really great narrative! I could totally imagine the situation playing out in my mind, and could relate to the nervous feeling that you get when you take a test. The way you described everything from the ticking clock to the shaking hands made me feel nervous just reading about it! Hahaha
A very accurate representation of a situation that everyone has to go through at some point in their life. :D
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very interesting topic to write about, just like the article or story about women. HAHA. It's very creative, it reminds me of a blog or something. What you are saying is true, but what gets me is that you use skills that you put in your poetry and add them into your stories. It's wonderful to see that, and as a reader it makes it more interesting. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this is so true, I think you wrote this very well in the way that many of us can understand. I don't really get nerve-wrecked while taking tests anymore, but I do remember when I was in middle school and I always freaked out. That's like exactly what it was like. Wonderful job! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think you did well capturing the feeling of most when taking a test. Personally, i don't get nerves when it is test time - I actually love tests. But I do get nerves when I have to do any sort of public speaking, so I figure that was close enough for a comparison of the nervous nature of the person involved.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2010
Last Updated on January 15, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Manda