Can't Cry

Can't Cry

A Poem by Manda
"

She just can't cry. Only dying will end this stupid pain inside.

"
I want to cry
Instead of die

I'm sick of hiding
Behind all these lies

I can't buy
My happiness

Nor can I buy the tears
I dread to cry

I continue to lie
And hide

Because inside
It hurts to cry

I just want to die
For I just can't cry

Dying will end
This pain of mine

Then I wouldn't have to hide
Or even lie

I could just die
And not ever cry

I just wish I could cry
Instead of die....

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
Something I'm going through

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the death of love needs to float upon the river of tears until it finds it's way back to the heart from which it came -- and yes that is better than dying

Posted 13 Years Ago


your an amazing writer i wish it wasn't because of you pain if you want to talk message me have a good day hun.

Posted 13 Years Ago


...hmm it just came across as extremely repetitive and a tad amateurish. The words you chose to keep repeating aren't original for a rhyme scheme. And this took away from the actual meaning of your poem which isn't good.
I do understand what you were trying to say, but the feeling isn't emphasized enough.


Posted 13 Years Ago


a little to much repetativeness but i could definatly feel the emotion. good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww this was really sad, but emotional and good. I liked it. I can relate to it. I couldn't cry when my uncle died...I had used up all the tears. I cried a lot two days before since Georgie had killed himself about two or three days before my uncle.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hate it when all I want to do is cry and no tears fall. Overall a good write, keep it up! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm going to feel REALLY bad about this, but this poem makes no sense. For example in the first stanza "I want to cry Instead of die"

Then we get this later in the poem "I just want to die For I just can't cry" this kinda contradicts what you were saying and then at the end it repeats the 1st stanza. I think it has a lot of potential, but the meaning switches through out the poem. I really am sorry to post this, but isn't this what the site is for? To help people become better writers by giving real criticism? Please don't hate me because of this.



Posted 14 Years Ago


So sad! It's a nice piece. Not your best, but still nice. It you tended to end your lines with words that had the long I sound in the last syllable (or only syllable), and I always expected you to make an obvious rhyme, but you didn't rhyme hide or mine or inside with anything, and happiness was just way out there. But you were writing for emotions, not rhymes, right?

Posted 14 Years Ago


I always like a piece that is just so hard to get into because of the emotions which are flowing from it. You've done such a great job making this flow through each word and each pain. Yes, it is devistating to feel the need to both hide and cry at the same time. But life will change, and you will be able to cry and feel better.
*hug*
I hope that you will be able to work and write your way through this -- best of luck!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This piece is extremely emotional. It does come together well because of the repetition in the beginning then in the end. I like it though because you switch it up. Feel better.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1810 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by A.Lee