Can't Cry

Can't Cry

A Poem by Manda
"

She just can't cry. Only dying will end this stupid pain inside.

"
I want to cry
Instead of die

I'm sick of hiding
Behind all these lies

I can't buy
My happiness

Nor can I buy the tears
I dread to cry

I continue to lie
And hide

Because inside
It hurts to cry

I just want to die
For I just can't cry

Dying will end
This pain of mine

Then I wouldn't have to hide
Or even lie

I could just die
And not ever cry

I just wish I could cry
Instead of die....

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
Something I'm going through

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Crying is a form of emotional release.

So is writing.
And writing about something sometimes is just as good a therapy as crying, and sometimes both need to happen, and sometimes they feel great once it's over.
There's a lot of confusion in your words, so I can assume you are confused.

Though, I agree with "not your typical girl', I can sort of pull the purpose from this piece in my own kind of way, but dying is something I've never related to, or sympathized with. One must always try and be stronger than their problems.

Stay lovely.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very deep emotions well expressed. keep your head up

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm sorry for your pain, but I also agree with "not your typical girl". You could've expanded your choice of words instead of just repeating "cry" and "die" to make the flow a bit better.I know how you feel and I know how it is to be sad to the extent that you just want to end it all, but time will heal all things. I hope you feel better real quick. I'm sorry, too, for the unkind comment, but I really think you could do so much better than this because I've read a lot of your work. Keep writing, though.:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


ok..dear some places not your typical girl is right...but you are growing...try to fly and you will..again i'm sorry about your pain..

Posted 14 Years Ago


ok...this review is going to be a little harsh...i warned you!

first of all, the language was terrible! it just went on and on, "i want to cry i don't want to die" it felt like some sort of emotional binge. the repetition really did not work.
secondly, you've just strung together words, and maybe some have meaning behind them but others just felt lost.
all in all, the poem felt very forced,like the words weren't flowing but you forced them to.
also, it was so confusing. you tried to write about something emotional, and i don't know what happened, but first you say you WANT to cry, and you imply you wish you could buy those tears. later you say you dread those tears. it was really very rocky.
and i agree with Tate, thought I'm here to comment on your poetry and not your life... he's right you know... you shouldn't waste so much time pining!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Poem is very sad. I believe tears are needed to release the pain and hurt. Sometime when we are cold and lonely the tears are lock away. The struggle to feel is in your words. A powerful poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow so great poem but so sad.. but really you did a very great job on this poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


at times we face some crucial stages were we face pain and can't cry out or shout out the truth, though we still want to, and none of us is spared from tears, its just that we need to bring up some little courage to face the situation and think of a solution from a different angle... well written poem , very emotional...

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is really good , well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


great piece of writing, very deep.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1810 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by A.Lee