Step-Dad

Step-Dad

A Poem by Manda
"

He may not be my real dad but I will always love him like he was my own.

"
You raised
And protected me
As if I was one of your own

   You gave me the dad
   I never had

      You loved
      And cared for me

         Walking the path of life
         With me by your side

            I was the daughter
            You never got to have

               I know you're not my dad
               But I don't care

                 You raised
                 And cared for me
                 As if I was one of your own

                    And with that
                    You deserve the title
                    Of being my dad

                       You loved me
                       And I will always love you back

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
He mite not be my real dad but I will always love him as if he was. Hope this write means as much to you as it means to me. I wrote it in this way because I thought it was different, thats all! Heh

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

one thing I learned when I had a step dad. Was the only steps
that there are in this world are the ones that lead to heaven.

I can feel you on this write. I like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Endearing with a thoughtful slant, framed in the caring of the pathways creation of those that create immortal life long impressions of gratitude.
The soul you've searched along this reflection, and in the sharing gain enduring rewards. As a true daughter. This rendering moves me to speak to deeper streams of regard, to those that are due honor in the making of lives complete. This piece reminds, that I seek that place and recalls family, love, honor and respect...
All those qualities that make living meaningful.
Tangible and Real.
To a spirit and of soul,
delivered.
Thank you for sharing such a precious refection, Manda.
Beautifully expressed from somewhere very real he must be a wonderful Dad. Bravo on this soulful poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so wonderful and heartfelt. Great job Manda. Its so nice to see the flip side, instead of the anger.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So sweet! You express your feelings well...


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so good! I really like reading your lighter work: Full of love and happiness. It really brings a smile to me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Being a step dad can be a lot harder then being a biological dad. It seems from your write he has done a heck of a job. This is very emotional and heart felt. I can definitely see your love for him in this. Hope he loves it as much as I do. Great job writing from the heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great write! It was so heartfelt and emotionally driven, and it made me smile to see that you really appreciate your step-dad, because there are so many people who really don't. I didn't really understand the way you formatted this, with the sloping stanzas, but other than that, I thought it was a lovely write! :)
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


I was a step dad so I know. And I always treated my step kids like I treated my own son. I miss them and hurt to see them go, but they will always be in my heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is just beautiful. As a proponent and creator of the Court ordered Vasectomy...I love it. Now if you will excuse me, THERE'S SOMETHING IN MY EYE!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes it's the family you can choose that is better than the family your given

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1820 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Man Old Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan