I'm Done

I'm Done

A Poem by Manda
"

She can't do it anymore... So she is just done.

"
I'm done
With your heart breaks

I told you
They were a mistake

But no
You refused to listen

And now
You're broken inside

I knew
This would happen

And yet
I still tried to help you

But again
You couldn't handle the truth

So now
I'm just done

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
This is how my friend is acting like right now.... It's getting old so I'm just done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was simple and to the point, and yet still it has a wave of beauty going across it, I wish I could write like this! You emotions are portrayed vividly, and that's something that I don't come across on this. The way it ended was gorgeous, with that last stanza, you used it as a dagger and showed you really know how to use your pen. Beautiful job!
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the style of this.
It's straight to the point and the emotions are clear.

Sorry about your friend though. Hope it all gets better

Posted 13 Years Ago


This happens to me all the time with like 4 of my friends. I finally just stopped hanging out with them. Well, except one, because she's only like that part of the time, if you know what to say and what not to do. Other than that she's fun =) Anyway, it was a great poem and I loved it. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fantastic... the fact that so may friendships happen like this makes it even more wonderful than it is! So it's double the wonderfulness... lol
God, I envy people who can capture these emotions and create it into something worth wild, and shockingly beautiful! :)
Favorite lines:
"But no
You refused to listen"
It happens a million times but still we refuse to listen... it's sickening.
"And yet
I still tried to help you
But again
You couldn't handle the truth"
Perfect line right there! Fantastic poem, truly! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think we all have moments like this. I know I have drove my friends crazy at times and didn't take their advise and things turned out horrible but I am lucky that they are still my friends and I try to remember this when I get frustrated with them. It is a great way to vent your feelings without hurting that person. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


She is being stupid if you are trying to help her and she isn't listening. I know how that feels with some of my guy friends. I try to help them, but they don't listen to me and they end up getting hurt. If they come crying to me I really don't care anymore and I stop listening. I really think that she should listen to you. You are basically telling her the truth. Anyways this was a good write. And I can feel your emotions. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some times we can only do so much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well put. Sometimes after so long you just have to walk away.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Our friends see in us what we hide from ourselves
and it saddens me to hear that your help did not materialize.

As said before, the poem is short and to the point with
compassion from the one side and not much acceptance
from the other.

Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was simple and to the point, and yet still it has a wave of beauty going across it, I wish I could write like this! You emotions are portrayed vividly, and that's something that I don't come across on this. The way it ended was gorgeous, with that last stanza, you used it as a dagger and showed you really know how to use your pen. Beautiful job!
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


darkeness darkeness

A Poem by Brandon