Alas, Adieu!

Alas, Adieu!

A Poem by NyanMeow
"

Alas! I must go on my own!

"
Alas! I've been shown
that I was very wrong
ready was I so I thought
but I must go on my own.

Just for now, I promise you
it won't take nay too long
just some time to think and breathe
and maybe, hopefully, be new.

I must find out who I am
and what that's sposed to mean
for now think I my life till' now
been only but a sham.

Goodbye! I must now say adieu
this isn't easy, but hear me now
I must go by what they say
that is: "to thine self be true."

© 2011 NyanMeow


Author's Note

NyanMeow
I used some odd grammer to give it a more old feel. I had fun with it, but I think maybe the "ready was I" and "think I" might have been pushing it? I don't know. I liked the new rhyme scheme of line 1 and 4 being the ones that rhyme (abca?) instead of the usual format I use.

I put sposed because "supposed" felt too long, but it might fit.

This is currently the emotions swirling in my head. I need to figure some stuff out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
beautifully written, and in a style that I love, but that you don't see often. I can relate to the emotions expressed in this poem. It's lovely, and can pull the strings on many people's hearts. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like it. the antique wording gives it an eloquent feel. well done! and of course, to thine own self be true!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's lovely and old-fashioned and poetic. It sort of doesn't make sense, but when I read the authors note it did so that's fine. I liked the last stanza because it sounded so, so SO old fashioned!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A beautifully written poem. I can feel your emotions in this poem. The poem is easy to follow, and flows very smoothly. The odd grammar is a neat touch as well. It helps to get your point across better. Sometimes you don't have to always follow the "rules" of writing. It's how you become more creative in your thinking process.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011

Author

NyanMeow
NyanMeow

About
I'm still just a dabbler in writing. I hope that changes. For now, I have a "day-job" in marketing, waiting for the day writing becomes something that sustains more then just my outlet for my strange .. more..

Writing