Quest Knight

Quest Knight

A Story by Maniac Mike
"

A story about the world of no holds barred fighting. A struggle between two brothers. The threat of war both inside and outside of the ring.

"

Quest  Knight

 

By  Michael  Elias   

 

 

    Greg  Sawyer  is  on  a  quest  to  fulfill  a  dream  he's  had  throughout  childhood
to  enter  the  major  leagues  of  no  holds  barred  fighting.  No  holds  barred  fighting  is  a  violent  sport  and  the  UFC  has  long  been  considered  the  major  leagues  of  this  business.  Greg  has  been  fulfilling  this  dream  by  competing  in  the  minor  leagues  of  this  sport.  Andy,  Greg's younger  brother,  often  watches  the  fighting  and  enjoys  the  sport  and  appreciates  the  training  the  athletes  in  the  sport  goes  through. 

    While  Greg  worked  and  worked  at  his  competitions  and  nurtured  his  training,  Andy  searched  for  his  own  dream.  The  rules  to  the  sport  are  simple,  you  wrestle  your  opponent  until  you
pin  him  or  her  down  for  a  three  count,  or  apply  a  painful  hold  to  force  your  rival  to  submit  or  tap  out.  Of  course  you  could  also  knock  out  the  other  competitor.  Greg  lucked  out  big  time  by  having  his  hero  and  fighting  legend,  22-time  World  Heavyweight  Champion,  Chase  Wayland,  as  his  trainer. 

    Greg  met  him  at  a  seminar  and  asked  him  to  teach  him,  guide  him  in  his  quest.  Chase  Wayland  made  him  work  for  it.   Greg  believes  there's  a  power  deep  inside  of  him.  To  this  day  he  still  reaches  towards  his  goals.  Throughout  his  school  years  he  dedicated  his  time  to  his  training,  class  work,  family,  friends,  and  church.  He  learned  a  lot  from  the  legendary  Chase  Wayland.  Exercise,  exercise,  exercise.  Train, train, train.  Practice,  practice,  practice.   After  his  matches,  Greg  always  stayed  to  sign  autographs  for  the  kids,  no  matter  how  long  or  how  late  it  got.  Even  the  adults  were  guaranteed  autographs.  He  even  volunteered  to  help  out  with  little  league  programs  and  clubs  for  children.   Greg  believes  in  the  United  States  of  America.  He  always  has  something  special  planned  for  the  Fourth  of  July,  like  fireworks  and  cookouts  and  parades. 

 

    As  a  child  he  strongly  thought  about  joining  the  military,  the  Army  was  his  main  choice.  Now  that  he's  grown  up,  he  does  his  best  to  be  a  good  example  to  the  good,  hard  working  people  of  the  world.  This  is  why  he  frequently  fights  for  charity  events,  helping  raise  money  to  battle  cancer.  His  parents  are  extremely  proud  of  him.   Andy  constantly  got  in  trouble  at  school  and 

was  always  asked  about  Greg  and  his  athletic  competitions.  Andy  was  constantly  encouraged  by  his  parents  to  train  alongside  Greg  to  teach  him  discipline.  Within  five  years  of  competing,  Greg  won  tournaments  and  Andy  attended  at  the  request  of  their  parents  to learn  what  hard  work  was  all  about. 

    Greg  had  collected  a  lot  of  trophies  from  winning  these  tournaments.  Andy  checked  out  the  trophies  and  worried  he  could  never  be  as  successful  as  Greg.  One  day  in  the  mail,  Greg  received  an  invitation  to  compete  in  a  national  tournament,  out  of  state.  Andy  asked  if  he  could  go  watch  his  brother  compete  in  the  tournament.  Of  course  Greg  had  traveled  to  competitions  before,  but  Andy  had  never  gone  with  him.   Andy  was  at  a  crossroads  in  his  life.  He  was  a  smart  enough  kid,  but  was  never  motivated.  Andy  looks  up  to  Greg  and  often  brags  to  his  friends  about  him.  He  once  got  into  a  fight  after  school  because  a  rude  classmate  dared to  make  cruel  remarks  towards  Greg.

 Andy  even  designed  a  web  page  dedicated  to  Greg.  Their  parents  couldn't  understand  how  a  bright  and  talented  kid  like  Andy  could  possibly  do  so  poorly  in  school.  While  a  majority  of  the  fighters  wore  black  or  leather  singlets,  trunks,  boots,  kneepads,  and  elbow-pads.  Greg  never  wanted  to  be  a  cookie-cutter  fighter,  so  he  chose  the  red  and  gold  colors.  His  robe  was  a  gift  from  his  rich  grandfather,  the  final  present  given  from  him  before  his  death.  Actually,  the  entire  Sawyer  family  were  all  financially  set.  The  reason  why  Andy  asked  for  an  invitation  was  to  get  away  from  it  all,  especially  his  brother's  shadow. 

    True  he'd  be  alongside  his  brother,  but  at  the  tournament  Andy  could  just  relax.  On  the  plane,  Andy  did  get  to  relax,  while  Greg  read  the  brackets  and  information  about  the  tournament.  After  he  read,  Greg  thought  about  Hayden  while  he  relaxed.  Hayden  was  a  girl  Greg  met  when  he  began  competing  in  tournaments.  He  knew  Hayden  would  be  there  and  would  assist  with  changing  the  brackets.  Greg  was  always  attracted  to  Hayden  and  hoped  she  would  root  for  him  every  time  she  saw  his  name  on  the  brackets.  He  smiled  as  he  imagined  himself  advancing  to  the  other  brackets  while  Hayden  observed.  The  plane  landed,  Andy  hoped  for  a  nice  trip  and  wondered  how  Greg  could  be  so  confident  all  the  time.  Andy  looked  at  the  other  plane  passengers  at  the  airport  coming  off  different  airlines  and  wondered  if  they  were  here  for  the  tournament  as  well. 

    Hayden  observed  the  brothers  in  the  crowded  airport  and  walked  over  to  say  hello.  Hayden  Conrad  came  from  a  similar  background  as  the  Sawyers.  She  comes  from  a  family  who  are  also  financially  secured.  Throughout  high  school  she  was  part  of  a  super  couple.  Josh  Magee  was  her  sweetheart.  They  graduated  together  and   that  summer  she  discovered  he  was  cheating  on  her.  While  the  Sawyer  boys  grew  up  in  Tennessee,  Hayden  was  raised  in  North  Carolina.  Her  best  friend,  Katie  Wade,  was  like  a  sister  to  her.  Both  Katie  and  their  friend,  Gail  Hart,  were  there  for  her.  Hayden  had  worked  as  a  babysitter  and  later  was  a  tutor.  She  worked  at  a  daycare  center  before  joining  the  world  of  mixed  martial  arts  fighting.  The  girls  went  their  separate  ways.  Gail  joined  the  police  academy,  while  Katie  began  her  training  to  eventually  join  the  military.  



At  the  time  there  had  been  rumors  of  the  emergence  of  a  new  terrorist  known  as  Fidel  Ali  Hussein.  This  wasn't  his  real  name  of  course,  but  he  did  have  plans  to  have  it  legally  changed  at  the  time,  which  he  did.  Katie  wanted  to  do  her  part  to  help  her  country.  Katie's  father,  uncle,  and  grandfathers  all  served  in  the  military.  Greg  invited  her  to  have  a  drink  in  the  hotel  lobby  later  on,  she  accepted  and  then  they  drifted  through  the  crowded  area.  The  two  brothers  entered  the  hotel,  which  was  just  as  crowded,  and  made  their  way  through  the  lobby.  Greg  and  Andy  checked  into  their  hotel  room  while  the  two  talked  about  Hayden.  After  they  settled  into  their  room,  Andy  popped  in  a  DVD  of  Greg's  matches.  Andy  mimicked  the  maneuvers  on  the  disk  while  Greg  met  up  with  Hayden.

    The  two  enjoyed  their  drink  together,  he  went  out  exploring  afterwards,  while  she  returned  to  her  room.  Andy  enjoyed  learning  more  about  the  sport,  meanwhile  a  motorist  had  too  much  to  drink.  Greg  crossed  the  street  to  return  to  Andy,  but  the  drunk  motorist  lost  control. The  motorist  was  moving  towards  him,  but  he  dove  to  the  side  of  the  street,  away  from  the  car,  and  fell  down  a  dirt  hill.   Due  to  the  fall,  he  twisted  his  ankle  and  smashed  up  his  knee,  but  the  motorist  wasn't  so  lucky.  Greg  laid  there  at  the  bottom  of  the  hill,  unable  to  move,  out  of  sight  from  the  street.  It  took  all  his  strength  to  move  and  get  his  cell  phone  to  call  for  help. 

    Greg  dialed  9-1-1  on  his  phone  and  gave  the  street  name  and  informed  them  about  the  hill.  Help  arrived  for  Greg,  the  paramedics  rushed  down  the  hill  to  get  him.   Andy  and  Hayden  were  informed  about  what  happened  to  Greg,  and  they  arrived  quickly.  It  was  tough  for  Andy  to  see  his  older  brother  like  that,  he  felt  bad  for  him.  Quickly,  an  idea  came  to  Andy  of  something  he  could  do  for  his  brother.  Now  that  his  brother  was  out  of  the  competition,  Andy  told  Hayden  he  wanted  to  fight  in  his  place.  Hayden  didn't  think  Andy  was  ready  to  fight  in  a  major  competition,  considering  he's  never  competed  before.   Andy  went  to  see  the  promoter  about  replacing  Greg  in  the  competition.

      The  promoter  pretty  much  repeated  what  Hayden  had  said  as  far  as  major  fighting  goes.  Andy  thanked  the  promoter  for  his  time,  all  of  a  sudden  a  cocky  fighter  walked  over  and  insulted  him.  Andy  and  the  fighter  argued  and  then  pushing  and  shoving  took  place.  Andy  focused  on  what  he  learned  from  the  gym  and  the  DVD  and  Greg  and  used  that  to  his  advantage  and  took  the  fighter   off  guard  and  surprised  him  again  and  took  him  down.  Andy  always  had  a  photographic  memory,  if  only  he  would've  applied  it  to  his  schoolwork.  It  was  easy  for  him  to  mimic  what  he's  been  observing  up  close.   The  promoter  decided  to  give  Andy  a  chance  after  seeing  what  he'd  done  to  the  fighter.  It  was  decided  Andy  would  have  to  qualify  for  a  chance  to  enter  the  tournament. 

 

    Andy's  road  to  qualify  for  the  tournament  included  facing  four  fighters,  one  at  a  time  of  course.  Hayden  watched  Andy  attempting  to  qualify,  and  saw  him  go  against  a  fighter  from  Rhode  Island.  In  8  seconds  Andy  defeated  the  Rhode  Island  fighter  by  using  his  brother's  favorite  submission  hold.  Hayden  was  impressed,  and  saw  him  win  with  the  same  submission, 

this  time  at  the  ten  second  mark.  The  next  fighter  became  aware  of  the  submission  hold,  so  Andy  pinned  him  in  just  fifteen  seconds.  One  more  fighter  to  go,  and  now  Andy  was  paired  up  with  a  bigger  opponent.  Andy  applied  a  sleeper  on  his  big  rival,  and  the  fighter  went  down  in  48  seconds.  Andy  advanced  and  felt  he  did  his  big  brother  a  favor.   When  Greg  learned  of  this  favor  and  Andy  fighting,  he  felt  his  kid  brother  was  crazy.  Andy  assured  his  big  brother  he  wasn't  crazy  and  that  he's  a  fast  learner  and  he  learned  by  watching  him.

    Later  on  Hayden  assured  Andy  that  she  believed  in  him  and  knew  he  could  do  it.  Andy  realized  he  had  learned  in  school  all  along  but  just  wasn't  motivated.  Fighting  for  the  family  name  is  what  he  needed  to  get  motivated  and  showcasing  what  he's  learned.  Andy  told  Hayden  that  nobody  has  ever  really  believed  in  him  before  and  he  always  needed  that.  Finally  the  big  tournament  took  place,  and  a  lot  of  accomplished  fighters  were  there  showcasing  their  talents,  and  Andy  just  watched  the  monitor  and  learned.  He  was  amazed  at  how  just  by  watching  something,  his  brain  picked  up  on  it  and  he  learned  it  real  quick.  Now  it  was  his  turn,  he  picked  up  his  things  and  walked  out  into  the  arena  and  his  brain  focused  in  on  the  amazing  moves  from  the  fighters.

    Amazing  was  a  good  way  to  describe  his  first  round  opponent  who  was  originally  focused  on  fighting  his  brother.  Andy  used  the  moves  he  duplicated  by  watching  the  fighters  and  he  defeated  his  opponent  with  a  thrust  kick  in  59  seconds.  Hayden  was  shocked  that  he  defeated  him  with  a  kick  like  that.  In  the  second  round  Andy  faced  a  veteran  opponent  and  knocked  him  out  for  the  win  in  one  minute's  time.  None  of  the  fighters  gave  Andy  a  chance  and  now  he's  faced  these  challenges  head-on  and  made  it  to  the  semi-finals.  Greg  was  getting  discharged  from  the  hospital  and  got  word  Andy  just  obtained  victory  in  the  semi-finals  match  at  the  1:04  mark. 

    Hayden  was  worried  about  the  opponent  in  the  finals  and  knew  this  guy  could  send  Andy  to  the  same  hospital  where  Greg  was.  Andy  discharged  his  past  frustrations  in  the  ring  at  his  dangerous  opponent  and  thought  of  Greg,  his  mom,  dad,  the  rest  of  the  family,  and  Hayden.  In  the  end  it  was  his  opponent  who  had  to  go  to  the  hospital,  because  Andy  applied  a  leg-lock  on  him,  while  getting  rid  of  his  frustrations,  and  the  man  wouldn't  submit.  That  was  a  dangerous  thing,  because  his  leg  broke  and  the  referee  had  to  stop  the  match  and  award  it  to  Andy  at  the  2:18  mark.  Andy  won  the  tournament  and  his  first  trophy,  and  his  past  frustrations  were  now  in  the  past.  Hayden  congratulated  Andy  and  she  liked  the  trophy.  Andy  admitted  he  liked  Hayden  but  knew  Greg  liked  her.  Hayden  said  her  and  Greg  were  just  friends. 

 

     Andy  didn't  want  to  be  just  friends  and  kissed  Hayden.  And  Hayden  kissed  Andy  back.  Twenty-four  hours  later,  Greg  was  on  his  laptop  and  discovered  someone  started  a  fan-site  about  him.  Complete  with  action  photos  of  himself.  He  scanned  through  it.

 



Bio

Name:  Gregory  Mitchell  Sawyer  (called  Greg) 

Nickname:  "Lion  Heart"  based  on  his  Fight/Sport  career 

Sex:  Male 

Age:  23 

Looks:  tall,  black  hair,  brown  eyes,  built  

Education:  Graduated  from  Limbaugh  College   

Vocation/Occupation:  No  Holds  Barred/Mixed  Martial  Arts  fighter  

Status  and  money:  Grandfather  was  a  millionaire  (now  deceased)  

Family  is  financially  set   

 

"In  the  age  of  the  web  nothing's  secret,"  he  said.  "What  else  do  we  have  here?"

 

Marital  Status:  single  

Family,  ethnicity:  American,  Irish  Catholic,  part  Scott    

Diction,  accent,  etc.,:  Good  vocabulary,  no  accent,  sounds  like  he  could  do  voice-over  for  a  superhero  cartoon  character.  

 

"Oh,  right,"  he  remembered,  "It's  that  super  fan,  Myron."  

 

Born:  Atlanta,  GA 

Raised:  Chattanooga,  TN  

Currently  lives:  Topeka,  KS   




"The  kid  did  his  homework,"  Greg  admitted.   He  picked  up  a  letter  with  his  return  address,  1975  Reagan  Rd.  Apt.  18.  

 

 

Eventually  Greg  got  better,  he  added  an  entry  in  his  journal.

 

Feb.  06,  2009  

I  finally  recovered  from  my  injury.  I  must  say  I've  been  extremely  jealous  of  Andy  since  he  replaced  me  in  the  tournament  and  won  the  trophy.  It  bothers  me  that  Hayden  has  been  having  conversations  with  him  lately  and  repeatedly  tells  him  she's  proud  of  him.  I  hate  that  every  time  I  invite  her  somewhere  she  asks  to  bring  Andy  along.  Andy  is  part  of  the  league  now.  He's  eager  for  me  to  return  to  the  gym  and  practice  with  him.  He  seems  different  around  me  lately,  like  the  cat  that  swallowed  the  canary.  I  keep  asking  him  what's  wrong?    and  he  keeps  telling  me,  "nothing's  wrong."  Well,  Mom  and  Dad  aren't  so  worried  about  Andy  now. 

 

While  he  continued  to  rest  up,  he  sat  down  to  write  a  letter.   

 

Feb.  06,  2009  

 

Dear  Hayden,  

 

You've  known  how  I  felt  about  you  for  a  long  time  now,  I've  made  no  secret  of  it.  Anyway,  Valentine's  Day  is  almost  here,  and  I  want  you  as  my  Valentine.  Since  we're  traveling  to  New  York  that  week,  I'd  like  to  make  reservations  for  the  both  of  us  at  Pierre's  and  then  go  watch  the  John  Wayne  double  feature  at  the  Bailey  Theater.  No  pressure  because  I  know  you're  still  not  ready  for  a  major  commitment  and  relationship.  But  we  are  good  friends  me  and  you,  and  I  value  our   friendship  very  much.   You're  a  very  beautiful  woman,  both  inside  and  out  and  I  hope  in  the  near  future  instead  of  going  out  as  "just  friends"  we  can  go  out  on  a  regular  date.  When  I  return  to  the  ring  I'm  dedicating  my  match  to  you. 

 

Love,  Greg




It  didn't  take  him  long  to  hear  back  from  the  girl  of  his  dreams.   

 

 

February  7,  2009  

 

Dear  Greg, 

Thank  you  so  much  for  the  Valentine's  invitation,  that  is  very  sweet.  I'm  sorry  to  give  you  bad  news,  but  I  have  plans  that  night.  I'm  just  going  to  busy  with  some  work-stuff.  You  know  how  it  is  to  be  swapped  with  work.  This  was  the  only  night  the  client  could  come  by  to  see  me.  I  hope  you're  not  too  upset.  I  appreciate  you  dedicating  your  match  to  me.  Just  be  sure  you're  100%  when  you  return.  

Sincerely,  Hayden  

 

Greg  was  certainly  hoping  for  a  yes.  What  could  he  do  now?  E-mail. 

 

February  7  2009  10:34  PM  

From:  (Greg  Sawyer)  GSMMA58

To:  (Hayden  Conrad)  Ring_Girl1000  

Hi  Hayden, 

I  could  never  be  upset  with  you.  LOL!  BTW  see  ya  in  NY.  

Greg  

 

 

It's  getting  closer  to  Valentine's  Day.  Greg  was  eager  to  return  to  the  ring.  Since  Andy  replaced  Greg  in  the  tournament,  he's  taken  a  lot  of  his  big  brother's  thunder.  What  he  doesn't  realize  is  that  he's  also  taken  away  the  girl  of  his  dreams.  "One  of  us  will  have  to  tell  him  eventually,"  said  Andy.  "Or  perhaps  we  both  should."  She  looked  at  Andy  and  knew  he  was  right.  "I  know,  Andy,"  Hayden  replied.  "I  just  don't  want  him  to  be  hurt."  They  both  held  hands. 


"While  in  New  York  I'll  find  an  excuse  so  we  can  keep  our  Valentine's  plans,"  Andy  added.  Hayden  smiled.  They  shared  a  kiss.


 

 

In  his  apartment,  Greg  fed  his  hamster,  Skippy.  His  phone  rang.  "Hello?"  asked  Greg.  "Yes,  I'd  be  interested  in  fighting  Chad  again,"  he  said.   He  could  just  picture  it,  Sawyer-Mason  V  it  would  be  awesome  for  him.  Of  course  he  was  already  4-0  against  his  rival.  Greg  smiled  at  the  thought.  Chad  had  been  a  problem  for  Greg  for  far  too  long.  Chad  Mason  is  a  dirty  fighter.  He  put  Greg's  former  classmate  into  the  hospital,  purposely,  by  dislocating  his  shoulder.  What's  keeping  Andy?  They  had  plans  for  lunch.  In  fact,  he's  been  late  for  all  of  their  appointments  lately.  On  his  way  to  his  brother's,  Andy  wiped  away  any  trace  of  lipstick  and  splashed  cologne  on  himself  to  hide  any  hint  of  Hayden's  perfume.

Greg  is  my  brother.  I  love  him  and  he  has  a  right  to  know.    Andy  felt  guilty,  as  Greg's  done  everything  for  him.  Finally  he  arrived  at  Greg's  apartment.  "Late  again,  I  see,"  said  Greg. 

Andy  nodded.  "Sorry,  big  brother,"  he  said.  The  TV  was  on  in  his  apartment.  Here's  your  sign!  Bill  Engvalle  was  on.  They  went  to  an  Italian  restaurant  to  eat.  Greg  kept  talking  about  Hayden  and  Valentine's  Day  and  New  York.  "Yeah  Greg,  about  her,"  Andy  began,  "let's  say  if  you  met  somebody  else."  He  took  a  sip  of  his  lemonade  and  continued  to  listen.  "Would  you  give  that  'somebody  else'  a  chance  and  forget  about  Hayden?"  They  both  sat  there  quietly  for  a  minute.  "Not  a  chance,"  Greg  answered.  "I'm  in  love  with  Hayden." 

This  was  going  to  be  tougher  than  Andy  thought.  The  trip  to  New  York  was  hard  on  Andy.

Several  times  he  wanted  to  tell  Greg,  but  chickened  out  of  it.  He  kept  making  excuses  to  himself.  If  it  wasn't  for  Greg,  I  wouldn't  even  be  in  this  sport.  Heck,  if  it  weren't  for  Greg,  I'd  never  had  met  Hayden.  Yes,  Hayden…  

That's  what  this  all  went  back  to.  Finally  they  were  in  New  York.  It  was  now  Valentine's  Day.  "Any  plans  tonight,  Andy?"  asked  Greg.  He  froze,  feeling  guilty  for  deceiving  his  brother  all  this  time.  He  frowned.  "I  think  I'm  going  to  the  movies  and  probably  shoot  some  pool,"  he  lied.  His  older  brother  was  sitting  down  watching  Highlander  while  drinking  a  cold  glass  of  lemonade. 

"Too  bad  that  Chad  d****e  couldn't  make  the  event,"  Greg  said.  "Now  my  comeback  is  on  the  backburner."  Both  brothers  looked  over  at  Christopher  Lambert  portraying  Connor  Mac  Lead  on  the  screen.   "So,  do  you  have  anything  planned?"  asked  Andy.  He  saw  a  frown  on  his  brother's  face.  "Hayden's  busy,  so  no  Valentine's  party,"  he  responded. 

"I  guess  I'll  hang  out  with  my  fellow  bachelors  at  some  nightclub  they've  wanted  me  to  check  out."  On  the  screen,  the  big  Highlander-Kurgan  showdown  was  on.  "You  remember  my  friend,  Charlie,  from  back  home?"  asked  Andy.  



"Hmmmm... Yeah,  sure,"  he  said.  "Why?" 

Let's  hope  this  works.   

 "He  has  this  cousin,  Summer,  she  watches  your  fights,  she  really  likes  you,"  he  said. 

  Greg  didn't  take  the  bait.  Later  on  Greg  got  into  his  rental  car,  even  in  New  York  he  has  to  drive  a  VW,  and  he  had  his  Bellamy  Brothers  CD  cranked  up,  Just  let  your  love  flow,  he  began  singing  along.   Greg  couldn't  help  thinking  how  his  life  changed  recently.  First  he  was  the  only  warrior  in  the  family,  one  accident  later  and  his  kid  brother  enters  the  fight  world.  Andy's  fan  base  is  already  growing.  He  pulled  into  the  parking  lot  of  Fibber's  Nightclub.  The  gang  was  already  there,  talking.   "Hi-ya,  Greger,"  someone  called.  "You  finally  made  it,"  said  another.  The  folksinger  played  on  the  stage.  Greg's  fellow  combatant,  Teddy,  was  there.  They  had  one  of  their  usual  debates  over  politics.  Greg,  a  Republican,  and  Teddy,  a  Democrat,  always  talk  politics  when  they  get  together. 

    "Just  tell  me  one  thing,"  Teddy  insisted,  while  grinning.  "The  tension  and  animosity  between  you  and  Chad  stems  from  him  being  a  Communist."  Everyone  gathered  around,  listening  intently.  "That  Chad  moron,  he  can't  understand  my  patriotism  or  anyone  else's  for  that  matter,"  Greg  answered.  They  all  knew  Chad  always  had  it  out  for  Greg  due  to  their  different  beliefs.  Back  in  their  school  days  the  two  had  a  series  of  heated  debates.  They  were  even  political  opponents  in  school.  The  folk  singer  had  finished  up,  now  a  comedian  walked  onto  the  stage.  A  bigger  part  of  their  feud  is  the  fact  that  Chad  was  directly  responsible  for  ending  his  mentor's  career  when  he  intentionally  broke  his  back.  That's  just  the  start  of  it.

    Greg  and  Teddy  were  now  shooting  pool.  "Have  you  seen  Hayden  recently,"  asked  Teddy.  Greg  took  a  shot.  He's  solid,  Teddy's  stripe.  "She's  busy  tonight  with  a  client,"  Greg  responded.  Greg  missed  his  shot  to  the  side  pocket.  "I  know  something  you  don't  know,"  Teddy  chimed.  "I  found  out  a  secret."  Now  Greg's  eyes  lit  up.  While  the  guys  were  at  the  nightclub,  Andy  and  Hayden  continued  their  romantic  night  out.  The  fancy  restaurant,  the  carriage  ride  through  the  park,  a  romantic  movie.  It  was  a  fantastic  evening  for  the  both  of  them.   

    As  for  Greg,  he  was  on  his  way  back  to  the  hotel.  Could  Teddy  be  right  about  this?  The  next  morning  Greg  was  on  his  way  to  see  her.  At  that  point  she  was  having  breakfast,  with  Andy.  They  were  both  smiling.  "Was  this  your  first  time?"  asked  Hayden.

  "Yes,"  Andy  answered.  Suddenly  there  was  knocking  and  buzzing  at  the  door.  

"Hayden?"  It  was  Greg's  voice.  Andy  quickly  hid  out  on  the  balcony.  The  curtains  were  pulled  over  the  windows.  "Greg,  this  is  a  surprise,"  she  said.

"Is  something  wrong?"  Out  on  the  balcony,  Andy  was  extremely  nervous.  "I  know  your  secret,"  Greg  said.  She  looked  worried.  Andy  heard  from  the  outside,  suddenly  panicking.  "You  do?"  she  asked.  A  lot  of  thoughts  raced  through  Andy's  mind.  Hayden  feared  what  would  happen  next.  "Yes,  why  didn't  you  tell  me?"  he  asked.  Her  head  went  down.  "I  know  how  upset  you  must 

be,"  she  said.  All  the  while,  Andy  wondered  if  he  should  show  himself  or  not.   "Upset?  I'm  not  upset,"  Greg  said.  Hayden  looked  surprised.  Andy  was  shocked  from  his  hiding  place.  "You're  not?"  she  said.

    "No,  quite  the  contrary,"  Greg  responded,  "I  think  it's  great  that  you're  training  to  be  a  fighter."  She  smiled.  Andy  wasn't  sure  if  it  wouldn't  had  just  been  better  to  have  Greg  know  the  truth  already.  So  Greg  and  Hayden  talked  about  her  training  for  a  little  while,  then  he  noticed  her  table  was  set  for  two.  "Oh,  my  trainer  was  meeting  with  me  but  was  called  away,  but  will  be  right  back."  

"Oh,  okay  then,  I  have  some  stops  to  make  just  the  same,"  he  said.  "I'll  see  you  later  then."  After  Greg  had  left,  Hayden  summoned  Andy  from  the  balcony.  They  both  knew  he  had  a  right  to  know  the  truth,  but,  didn't  want  to  hurt  him.  Andy  knew  he'd  have  to  come  up  with  an  excuse  to  explain  why  he  didn't  return  to  the  room  last  night.

The  next  day  it  was  time  for  Fight  Bash  VI,  Andy  defeated  his  opponent  in  two  minutes,  and  had  a  huge  ovation.   Greg  didn't  have  an  opponent,  due  to  Chad's  travel  difficulties.  But  a  contract  had  previously  been  signed  by  both  Greg  and  Chad,  and  they'll  have  their  rematch  at  a  later  date.   Greg  was  sickened  by  Chad  in  so  many  different  ways.   It's  bad  enough  he  openly  admits  his  role  models  are  Karl  Marx,  Friedrich  Engels,  Joseph  Stalin,  and  Vladimir  Lenin.  Now  his  hero  is  Fidel  Ali  Hussein.  Chad  hates  the  USA  and  Greg  knows  it. 

  Chad  doesn't  even  go  to  church.  The  guy  has  a  My  Space  page  promoting  propaganda  about  the  Communist  movement.   More  time  went  by  and  Andy  and  Hayden  still  haven't  told  Greg  the  truth.  They've  continued  to  see  each  other  behind  Greg's  back.  Any  pictures  they've  gotten  taken  together  were  safely  hidden  away  so  Greg  wouldn't  discover  the  evidence.  It's  awkward  enough  for  the  two  young  lovers  because  Greg  is  dedicating  his  upcoming  battle  with  Chad  to  Hayden.  Now  that  she's  been  training  for  a  fight  career,  Greg  has  been  watching  her  practice  every  now  and  again.  Now  Andy  and  Hayden  were  sitting  down,  alone,  in  a  California  hotel  room,  snuggled  together  watching  TV.  Suddenly  the  phone  rings.   

    "Shhhh…  It  might  be  Greg,"  said  Hayden.  Andy  walked  away  so  for  Greg  wouldn't  be  able  to  hear  his  presence.  "Hello?"  she  asked.  Of  course  it's  Greg.  "Hayden,  I've  got  some  news,"  he  said.   "I  just  got  word  tonight  in  Sacramento,  Chad  'Cruncher'  Mason  has  defeated  Wylie  Thompson  for  the  Enterprise  Combat  League  World  Heavyweight  Championship."  Mason  now  became  the  sixth  ECL  champion  in  the  history  of  the  company.  "Wow  Greg,"  Hayden  replied,  "so  now  in  San  Francisco  you'll  receive  the  title  shot."  She  was  happy  for  Greg,  of  course.   Sawyer-Mason  V  will  be  happening  this  time.  They  knew  the  legendary  Chase  Wayland  would  be  proud  of  him.  Greg  had  been  working  on  a  tribute  book  for  his  hero  for  years  now.  He'd  been  writing  about  how  when  Wayland  won  his  first  title,  the  World  Class  Competition  Championship,  in  his  hometown  of  Topeka,  KS,  on  April  24,  1950,  he  was  the  youngest  champion  in  that  league's  history.  Greg  went  on  a  trip  to  Hollywood  for  the  week,  so  Andy  and  Hayden  could  spend  as  much  time  together  without  worrying  about  having  to  run  into  him.  Greg  went  to  visit  Teddy  in  Los  Angeles  during  the  week.  Chad  just  happened  to  be  there.  "Sawyer!"  Chad  called.  The  two  nemesis  were  face-to-face.   "Mason!"  he  responded.  "I  didn't  know  Commies  visited  LA."  They  were  nose-to-nose.  "We're  in  a  museum  guys, " Teddy  said.  "Save  it  for  the  ring."

 

    Teddy  separated  them.  Greg  decided  to  see  his  mentor's  long-time  business  partner  in  Beverly  Hills.  Legendary  fighter,  Fred  Davis,  gave  him  an  intense  training  to  prepare  him  for  the  title  match.  This  gave  Andy  and  Hayden  more  alone  time  together.  They  enjoyed  a  candlelight  dinner  together.  "Well,  the  bro  returns  tomorrow,"  said  Andy.  She  looked  disappointed,  as  it  felt  good  not  having  to  hide  for  a  change.  When  he  returned,  Andy  hung  out  with  him  to  celebrate  his  upcoming  title  shot.  "It's  what  you  always  wanted,  Greg,"  Andy  said.  Greg's  yellow  lemonade  was  finished  up,  now  some  pink  lemonade  was  served.  "It'll  be  great  if  after  I  win  the  title,  Hayden  finally  realizes  we  belong  together."

    This  made  his  younger  brother  uncomfortable.  "But  Greg,  what  if?"  Andy  asked.  His  older  brother  didn't  seem  to  understand  the  question.  "You've  lost  me,"  Greg  noted.  What's  it  going  to  take  to  make  him  understand?  Ugh!  "What  I  mean  is,  what  if  she's  not  as  interested  in  you  as  you  are  in  her?"  he  asked.  The  expression  on  his  face  showed  he  felt  irritated  by  the  question.  "Why  would  you  even  ask  me  such  a  question?"  he  barked.  "You  know  how  I  feel  about  her,  how  I've  always  felt."  They  sat  in  silence.  "I  didn't  mean  to  upset  you,"  Andy  said.  Greg  shook  his  head.  "Yeah,  I  know,"  he  said,  "you're  just  concerned  about  me."  They  shook  hands. 

    Soon  afterwards  was  the  big  championship  match.  Andy  and  Hayden  watched  together  on  the  monitor.  Greg  wanted  the  title,  Chad  finally  wanted  to  defeat  Greg.  He  let  the  bad  memories  flow.  For  instance,  the  time  Chad  stole  money  from  a  children's  charity  fundraiser,  but,  Greg  was  never  able  to  prove  it.  Then  there  was  the  fact  Chad  constantly  spit  on  everything  Chase  Wayland  did  for  the  sport.

    As  soon  as  the  bell  rang,  the  fists  and  feet  were  flying.  After  two  and  a  half  minutes  of  action,  Chad  started  bleeding.  Greg  kept  working  over  the  gash.  The  blood  kept  dripping.  At  the  five  minute  mark  the  brawl  looked  like  a  disaster  area.  Chad  was  bleeding  too  much,  so  the  referee  stopped  the  match  and  awarded  the  victory  and  the  title  to  Greg.  Andy  and  Hayden  ran  out  to  congratulate  him.  During  the  celebration  later  on,  Greg,  Andy,  and  Hayden  were  informed  that  Chad  would  be  exercising  his  return  match  clause.  Chad  Mason  was  furious  at  Greg.  "You'll  suffer,  Greg  'Lion  Heart'  Sawyer,"  he  promised. 

"I'll  take  it  out  on  your  brother."  At  a  different  moment,  he  went  to  pay  Andy  a  visit.  Chad  climbed  the  fire  escape  and  wound  up  on  the  balcony.  You're  brother  will  be  creamed.  He  picked  the  lock  on  the  window.  He  was  about  to  attack  him.  But  he  heard  voices.  "I  love  you,  Hayden."  "I  love  you,  too,  Andy."  He  was  stunned.  That's  the  babe  Greg  Sawyer  is  hung  up  on.  Chad  now  had  a  better  idea.   While  Greg  was  away  on  a  title  defense,  Andy  and  Hayden  enjoyed  a  day  at  the  beach.  Click,  click!  Andy  applied  suntan  lotion  all  over  Hayden's  body.  Click, 

click!  "That's  right,  enjoy  your  love  fest,"  said  a  voice.  The  clicking  of  the  camera  continued.  "Twenty-four  shots  on  this  baby."  It  was  Chad  Mason.  He  was  sure  to  get  pictures  of  the  two  making  out.  After  getting  all  his  pictures  snapped,  Chad  snuck  into  their  hotel  room  and  installed  a  camcorder.  "Six  hours  of  footage,"  he  said,  "make  it  good." 

He  didn't  need  to  worry  about  that.  Over  the  weeks  he  collected  pictures,  178  of  them;  4  VHS  tapes,  2  DVD  disks,  and  6  computer  disks.  "One  hundred  ninety  pieces  of  proof,"  said  Chad.  He  packed  them  all  in  a  box.  At  this  point,  Greg  was  wrapping  up  a  tour  where  he  defended  his  championship.   Chad  went  to  the  post  office  and  had  the  box  delivered  to  Greg.  After  he  walked  out  he  had  a  sinister  smile  on  his  face.  Chad  went  outside  Andy's  apartment  building  with  binoculars.  He  saw  Andy  and  Hayden  playing  Monopoly  together.  "Enjoy  it  while  it  lasts,"  he  said.  "Big  brother  returns  soon."  As  the  Monopoly  game  wrapped  up,  Greg  caught  a  red  eye  home.  He  fell  asleep  and  was  dreaming  about  Hayden.  That  morning  while  at  the  airport,  the  package  was  delivered  to  his  place.  Hayden  had  "spent  the  night"  at  Andy's.   An  exhausted  Greg  found  the  box  at  his  door.  YAWN!  "Who  could've  sent  me  this?"  he  asked  himself.      

"No  return  address."  He  slept  for  a  few  hours,  poured  some  coffee,  and  a  bowl  of  Honey  Bunches  of  Oats,  sat  down  on  his  couch  and  ripped  open  the  box.  "Hmmmm...  What's  all  this  stuff?"  he  wondered.  Greg  lifted  out  the  tapes  and  disks  first.  Chad  had  them  all  numbered  up  along  with  a  note  "View  Pictures  First."  Greg  pulled  out  the  envelope.  GASP!  He  was  frozen.  Greg  studied  the  photo  of  Andy  and  Hayden  for  moments.  He  couldn't  believe  it.  He  was  horrified.  His  brother  and  his  dream  girl,  together.  He  looked  at  the  next  picture,  and  the  next.  He  thought  he  was  going  to  vomit.  Each  picture  he  saw  his  heart  broke  more  and  more.

Tears  ran  down  his  eyes  as  he  flipped  through  the  pictures.  Greg  thought  he   was  going  to  faint.  The  sadness  ran  deep.  Eventually  every  photo  was  lined  up  on  his  table  and  counter.  The  anger  was  flowing  through  his  veins.  He  popped  in  the  tape.  What  he  saw  made  him  furious.  His  face  turned  red  with  rage.  As  he  popped  in  the  next  piece  of  footage  he  continued  to  feed  off  his  fury.  This  is  like  a  nightmare.  The  look  in  his  eyes  would  be  enough  to  scare  the  biggest  of  bullies  in  a  dark  alley.  He  was  going  crazy.  "How  dare  they?"  he  asked  in  an  insane  voice.   At  this  point,  Chad  was  in  the  hallway.  "Sawyer  must  be  on  the  DVDs  by  now,"  he  guessed.  And  he  was  correct.  Greg  was  going  crazy  by  the  second.  Chad  took  pleasure  in  the  sounds  of  Greg  crying  and  crying  his  eyes  out.

    He  hadn't  seen  him  this  mad  since  the  incident  with  his  hero.  First  ending  his  career,  then  later  something  more  severe.  "My  plan  is  working  thus  far,"  said  Chad.  By  the  time  he  got  to  the  computer  disks,  he  was  about  to  blow  a  gasket.  "It  sounds  like  the  man  is  about  to  explode,"  said  Chad  with  glee  in  his  voice.  When  he  finished,  his  eyes  were  red  from  the  tears.  The  expression  on  his  face  told  his  mood  clearly.  Greg  threw  every  piece  of  evidence  into  the  box  and  stormed  out  of  his  apartment.  He  found  Chad  standing  out  in  the  hall.   "Mason!"  he  said.  Chad  smirked.  "None  other."  The  two  rivals  looked  eye-to-eye.  "You  sent  me  this?"  he  asked.  "I  felt  you  deserved  to  know  the  truth,"  he  responded.  Greg  was  even  more  fired-up.  "Liar,  you  did  this  to  get  at  me,"  he  accused.   Greg  and  Chad  continue  to  argue  in  the  apartment  hallway.  Outside  the  building,  you  could  see  the  building  was  occupying  a  street  corner.  These  apartment  buildings  were  clearly  lived  in  by  individuals  in  a  higher  tax  bracket. 

  A  thunder  storm  occurred  during  the  argument  between  Greg  and  Chad.  Greg  suddenly  appeared  startled.  "Frightened  of  a  little  thunder,  Sawyer?"  asked  Chad.  Greg  walked  away  from  his  nemesis,  and  headed  towards  the  basement.  He  found  refuge  in  the  laundry  room.  No.  I  mustn't  allow  the  crackling  of  the  storm  stop  me!  Greg  used  his  anger  to  combat  his  fear  of  thunder  and  lightening.  It  had  thundered  that  night,  the  night  Chase  Wayland  came  out  of  retirement  to  battle  Chad  Mason  one  last  time.  He  stopped  at  the  door.  The  noise  was  loud  and  it  only  got  louder.

The  box  was  still  in  his  grasp.  He  took  his  mind  off  the  storm  and  thought  of  Hayden,  his  Hayden,  with  Andy.  The  rage  occupied  his  thoughts.  "Andy  and  my  Hayden  Conrad,"  he  said  out  loud.  He  burst  outdoors  and  did  his  best  to  ignore  the  thunder.  He  jumped  into  his  VW  and  drove  off.  He  turned  on  the  radio  to  distract  himself.  Suddenly  the  radio  playing  The  Little  River  Band  performing  Lady.  He  switched  stations.  Phil  Phillips  with  Sea  of  Love  was  on.  Frustrated,  he  switched  to  another  station.  P.S.  I  love  you...  you,  you,  you!   The  radio  was  turned  off.  Suddenly  his  destination  was  complete.

 

    He  began  his  walk  inside  the  building.  Andy  and  Hayden  were  inside,  wrapped  around  one  another  on  the  couch  watching  a  romantic  movie  on  TV.  KNOCK  KNOCK  KNOCK!  The  young  couple  were  startled.  The  pounding  continued.  "ANDY!"  Confusion  set  in.  "Greg?"  he  said  confused.  Greg  attempted  to  break  the  door  down.  Andy  opened  it.  Greg  threw  the  box  inside  the  apartment.  Andy  and  Hayden  both  knew  the  cat  was  out  of  the  bag.  "Greg,  I  know  we  have  a  long  over  due  explanation,"  said  Andy. 

"SHUT  UP!"  Greg  responded.  Hayden  walked  over  to  Greg.  "Please,  just  listen  to  us,"  she  pleaded.  "HOW  COULD  YOU  DO  THIS  TO  ME?"  he  screamed.

Hayden  began  crying.  "Please  Greg,  just  calm  down,"  Andy  insisted.  Greg  swung  at  Andy  and  connected  with  a  good  right.  Andy  retaliated  with  a  shot  of  his  own.  Hayden  saw  the  two  brothers  wrestling  around  the  apartment.  The  two  brothers  fell  on  top  of  the  coffee  table,  which  collapsed.  The  fight  spilled  into  the  hallway.  Hayden  got  on  the  phone.  "Gail,"  she  sobbed,  "please  come  over."  Andy  had  Greg  in  a  death  grip.  Greg  kicked  him  "down  stairs"  to  get  free. 

"That'll  teach  you  to  steal  my  girl,"  he  screamed.  Andy  was  in  pain.  Gail,  turned  out  to  be  living  in  Kansas  with  the  others.  She's  now  an  accomplished  police  officer  and  still  a  good  friend  of  Hayden's.   She  filled  her  in  on  what  happened.  Greg  picked  Andy  up  by  the  hair  and  was  attempting  to  throw  him  down  the  stairs.  "Greg,  if  you  leave  now,  you  won't  be  arrested,"  Gail  said,  "and  this  is  just  as  a  favor  to  Hayden."

Greg  dropped  Andy,  on  the  floor.  "Do  you  think  I  care?  Really?"  he  said.  "Hayden  was  everything  to  me."  Andy  crawled  away  while  Greg  was  distracted.  "We  were  just  friends,  Greg,"  Hayden  replied,  "we  still  are,  we  still  could  be."  He  stared  into  her  eyes.  Those  beautiful  eyes  and  that  even  more  beautiful  face  he'd  lost  himself  in  a  million  times  before  in  his  fantasies. 

    "Just  once  I  wanted  to  kiss  those  lips,  wanted  to  make  you  mine...  needed  you,"  his  words  slurred.  "We  were  destined,  I  will  make  you  mine."

He  walked  towards  her.  Suddenly  Andy  smashes  a  wooden  chair  across  Greg's  back.  He  fell.  Andy  pinned  his  brother  down  and  shoved  a  sleeping  pill  down  his  mouth.  "Gail,  the  handcuffs,"  Andy  said.  She  passed  them  to  him.  Andy  handcuffed  his  brother  to  a  bar  connected  to  the  staircase. 

Hayden  collected  the  box.  "Let  him  sleep  it  off,"  Andy  said  to  Gail.

She  knew  her  superior  officer  would  take  her  badge  if  he  knew,  but  she  wanted  to  do  this  favor  for  them.  Greg  noticed  he  was  cuffed,  still  feeling  the  pain.  Soon  the  sleeping  pill  kicked  in,  he  couldn't  fight  it  any  longer.  He  slept.  They  examined  the  evidence  at  Hayden's  place.  "Who  could've  done  this?"  asked  Andy.  She  didn't  know  what  to  say.  Andy  went  to  see  his  parents  to  tell  them  everything. 

His  parents  were  watching  the  news,  learning  of  the  death  grip  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  had  on  the  citizens  of  his  village,  how  he'd  taken  it  over  and  enslaved  the  people.  Greg  woke  up  and  was  still  trapped.  "Hello?"  he  called.  "Want  to  get  me  out  of  here?"  Gail  walked  over.  "Are  we  feeling  better  today,"  she  asked.  He  shot  her  a  dirty  look.  She  un-cuffed  him.  "I  want  to  advise  you  to  think  clearly  about  your  future  actions,"  she  said.  Greg  mumbled  something  and  walked  away. 

Now  he  drove  to  see  his  parents,  and  saw  Andy's  car  there.  "Son,  I'm  glad  you're  here,"  said  his  father.  The  two  brothers  stared  at  each  other.  "I'm  sorry  Greg,"  Andy  said,  "I  love  you,  you're  my  big  brother."  He  just  stood  there  looking  at  Andy  with  hate  in  his  eyes  and  face.  "Gregory,  who  informed  you  about  this?"  asked  his  mother.  "It  was  Chad  Mason,  mom."  Andy  frowned.  "I  should've  known,"  he  said.  Their  mom  and  dad  didn't  want  to  see  their  relationship  ruined  like  this. 

  Not  over  a  woman,  not  over  anything.  "You  and  your  brother  have  always  been  close,"  said  their  father,  "you've  always  looked  out  for  him."  As  far  as  Greg  was  concerned,  that  was  all  in  the  past.  "Remember  when  you  were  kids  and  you  used  to  go  to  the  circus  together?"  asked  their  mom.  "We're  a  family,  you  two  need  to  work  things  out."  They  could  see  Greg  was  visibly  furious.   Mr.  Sawyer  turned  to  his  younger  son.  "Andy,  please  go  for  now,"  he  said,  "let  me  talk  to  your  brother."  A  tear  rolled  down  Andy's  eye.  "OK  Dad,"  he  said,  "I'm  so  sorry  about  messing  things  up."  He  gave  his  son  a  hug.  Greg  looked  on,  wondering  how  things  got  this  way.  In  his  mind,  this  was  not  the  direction  his  life  was  supposed  to  go  in.



Now  Andy  hugged  his  mom.  He  turned  to  his  brother  one  more  time.  "Greg..."  he  began.  But  he  turned  his  head.  Andy  walked  away,  torn  apart.  Greg  had  a  long  conversation  with  his  parents.  "I  agree  they  should've  been  up  front  with  you,  Greg,"  Mr.  Sawyer  said,  "but,  I  think  you  need  to  try  and  accept  this."  He  shook  his  head.  "I  can't,  Dad,"  he  said,  "I  was  supposed  to  end  up  with  Hayden."  It  hurt  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Sawyer  to  see  their  sons  at  odds  like  this. 

"Greg,  I  know  you  love  Hayden,"  Mrs.  Sawyer  added,  "this  is  why  you  need  to  let  her  go."  Greg  didn't  want  to  hear  this.  "Mom,  it's  because  I  do  love  her  that  I  must  try  to  get  her  to  be  with  me,"  responded  Greg.

His  parents  could  see  this  wasn't  going  to  be  easy.  "If  you  really  love  Hayden  that  much  then  you  want  her  to  be  happy,"  Mrs.  Sawyer  said,  "apparently  Andy  makes  her  happy."  Greg  grew  even  more  angry.  "I  knew  her  first,  she  was  happy  with  our  friendship,"  he  insisted.  "After  she  got  over  her  trauma  of  being  duped  by  that  Josh  idiot,  we  were  supposed  to  be  together."  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Sawyer  recognized  the  hatred  in  his  eyes. 

"Perhaps  friendship  was  all  she  wanted  from  you,"  said  his  mom. 

Greg  stared  at  the  floor.  He  was  thinking  Chase  would  understand.

    Andy  cleaned  up  his  apartment,  the  mess  left  over  due  to  the  aftermath  of  the  fight.  Greg  went  back  to  California  to  defend  his  title  against  Chad.  A  new  town  in  the  state  for  this  encounter.  Before  he  left  to  defend  the  championship  he  sent  Hayden  a  letter  begging  her  to  leave  Andy,  insisting  they  were  meant  to  be  with  each  other. 

Hayden  cried.  Andy  wished  there  was  something  he  could  do.  "He  was  my  best  friend,"  she  said,  "I've  lost  my  best  friend."  They  hugged.  "He  was  my  best  friend,  too,"  Andy  added.   Hayden  knew  this  would  be  another  huge  fight  for  Greg,  and  feared  he  wasn't  in  the  right  frame  of  mind  to  begin  with.  Bad  enough  it's  against  Chad,  who  Greg  hates  so  much,  but,  this  was  the  same  man  who  broke  the  back  of  his  then-62  year  old  legendary  mentor,  but  then  goaded  him  back  to  the  ring  at  65.

It  was  Sawyer-Mason  VI.  This  time  when  Greg  fought  Chad,  his  mind  wasn't  in  the  match.  Chad  defeated  Greg  for  the  first  time  and  regained  his  title.  Greg  felt  his  whole  world  had  came  crashing  down  on  top  of  him.  Chad  dedicated  his  new  reign  as  champion  to  Cuba.  Soon  after  that,  Andy  saw  Chad  at  a  pub  in  a  California  city.  Chad  was  reading  a  Communist  propaganda  publication.  He  confronted  Chad  over  what  he  did.  He  simply  challenged  him  to  a  match.  Andy  wanted  to  make  it  for  the  title  so  for  he  could  hurt  him  more  by  taking  the  Enterprise  Combat  League  World  Heavyweight  Championship  away  from  him.

    The  news  reported  on  the  happenings  overseas.  Andy  wondered  how  in  the  world  a  guy  like  Chad  could  side  with  enemies  like  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  instead  of  the  people  in  his  own  country.  The  match  occurred  a  few  weeks  later.  

The  ECL  title  match  took  place  in  Seattle,  Washington.  Andy  charged  at  Chad.  "Mason,  I'm  going  to  kill  you,"  Andy  yelled.  Every  time  he  thought  of  his  brother,  or  Hayden,  or  even  his  parents,  he  just  punished  Chad  more  and  more. 

    He  then  applied  a  leg  lock  on  Chad.  The  leg  was  already  weakened  by  the  pain  Andy  had  previously  inflicted.  Greg  was  watching  the  match  on  a  monitor  backstage.  A  bone  snapped  in  Chad's  leg.  He  tapped  out.  "Your  winner  and  new  Enterprise  Combat  League  World  Heavyweight  Champion,  Andy  Sawyer,"  said  the  ring  announcer.

Greg  shook  his  head  in  disgust.  Suddenly,  the  promoter  came  up  with  an  idea.  Sawyer  vs.  Sawyer.  Brother  vs.  brother.  Title  on  the  line.  The  promoter  smiled.  He  approached  both  of  them.  Andy  was  reluctant,  he  still  wanted  to  make  peace  with  his  brother,  but  Greg  was  too  quick  to  agree.  Their  parents  tried  to  get  them  to  call  off  the  match,  Andy  was  all  for  it,  but  it  was  too  late.  The  bout  was  already  signed.  It  was  already  advertised.   Hayden's  heart  was  breaking.

A  journalist  asked  Greg  about  his  thoughts  on  fighting  his  brother.  Greg  looked  at  him,  he  was  "in  the  zone"  he  walked  right  past  him.  The  journalist  asked  Andy  the  exact  question.  "I  wish  it  were  someone  else,"  he  answered.  Greg  made  the  walk  to  the  ring.  Andy  was  miserable  about  this.  Now  it  was  his  turn  to  walk  over  to  the  ring.  Hayden  sat  and  watched  on  the  monitor.  She  forced  herself  to  watch.  The  referee  gave  his  instructions.  The  bell  rang.  Andy  extended  his  hand.  Greg  brushes  it  away.  Andy  tries  again,  Greg  pushes  him.  "Come  on,  Greg,"  Andy  pleaded,  "not  like  this."  Greg  charged  at  Andy  and  tackled  him  down.  He  pulled  him  by  the  hair  and  began  pounding  his  head  on  the  mat  repeatedly.  Andy  used  the  edge  of  his  hand  to  chop  him  in  the  throat. 

That  got  Greg  off  of  Andy.  Hayden  was  watching  on  a  monitor.  She  suddenly  decided  to  turn  her  head  as  the  Sawyer  brothers  struggled  to  their  feet.  "You're  going  to  have  to  get  used  to  it,  Hayden,"  said  an  official,  "you're  a  fighter  yourself  now."  She  nodded.  "I  know,  6-0,  undefeated,"  she  said  with  a  smile.  "All  those  girls  were  really  talented."  Both  Sawyers  were  back  on  their  feet.  Greg  punched  Andy  in  the  gut,  Andy  retaliated  with  a  chop  to  the  chest.  Greg  applied  a  head  lock  onto  Andy.  He  applied  pressure,  Andy  elbowed  Greg  in  the  stomach,  Greg  staggered.

Andy  elbowed  Greg  harder,  he  released.   Andy  executed  a  Russian  leg  sweep  onto  Greg.  He  covered  him  for  the  pin.  "ONE!  TWO!"  screamed  the  referee.  Greg  escaped.  Andy  went  to  apply  a  leg  lock,  but,  Greg  kicked  him  off.  At  this  point  Hayden  was  crying  as  she  looked  on.  It  was  like  a  ping  pong  ball  game,  one  got  hit,  the  other  got  hit.  It  went  back  and  forth.  Andy  applied  an  arm  bar  on  Greg.  The  match  was  ten  minutes  old  now.  Greg  tripped  him  down.  He  attempted  a  knee  drop  on  his  brother,  but  Andy  moved  out  of  the  way.

This  was  the  same  knee  that  Greg  had  previously  injured.  Hayden  watched  in  horror.  Greg  was  checking  on  his  hurt  knee.  Andy  rolled  over  on  the  mat.  He  glanced  over  at  his  brother.  "The  Enterprise  Combat  League  World  Heavyweight  Championship  is  on  the  line,"  yelled  the  commentator.  Greg  crawled  over  to  Andy,  he  wrapped  his  arms  around  his  waist  and  attempted  to  take  him  down,  but  couldn't.  Andy  hit  Greg  with  a  haymaker.  Greg  went  down.  Hayden  looked  at  the  time,  fifth-teen  minutes  and  change.  She  just  wanted  it  to  be  over.   Andy  began  stomping  on  Greg.  Andy  was  about  to  drop  an  elbow  on  Greg,  but  he  rolled  over.  Andy  missed.  Greg  slithered  towards  the  ropes  and  used  it  to  help  himself  back  up  to  his  feet.  Greg  attempted  to  apply  his  favorite  leg  lock  submission  hold  on  Andy,  but  he  kicked  him  away.  He  got  back  up  to  his  feet  and  then  delivered  a  jawbreaker  onto  Greg.  Andy  applied  a  painful  Japanese  submission  hold  onto  his  older  brother. 

    The  referee  asked  him  if  he  wanted  to  concede.  Greg's  mind  wandered  into  the  past.  "Great  match  tonight,  Lion  Heart  is  it?" 

"Call  me  Greg."

"Call  me  Hayden."    

  The  audience  was  surprised  Greg  was  still  holding  on. 

"I  know  you  miss  him,  Greg.  He  was  your  mentor."   

"I  learned  a  lot  from  Chase  Wayland,  Hayden." 

   Suddenly,  Greg  was  shaking  himself  out  of  the  hold.  After  a  while  Andy  could  no  longer  keep  the  submission  hold  locked  on.   Greg  was  released  from  the  pain. 

"I  was  concerned  about  you  out  there  tonight."

"Don't  be,  I  can  handle  it."

"Don't  take  any  unnecessary  risks,  Greg,  I  care  about  you."

"That  means  a  lot  to  me,  Hayden."

  SMASH!   Andy  kicked  Greg  right  in  the  chin.  Greg  fell  down.  Andy  got  the  pin.  "One,  two,  three!"  called  the  ref.  In  twenty-four  minutes  and  forty-two  seconds,  Andy  wins.  Afterwards,  Andy  limped  over  to  check  on  Greg.  The  battle  had  taken  a  toll  on  the  both  of  them.  After  that,  Greg  was  in  seclusion  for  a  week.  He  received  a  knock  on  his  door.  "Who  is  it?"  asked  Greg.

  "It's  Teddy,"  returned  the  voice. 

   "Are   you   alone?"   Greg   pressed.  

   Teddy  hesitated.  "No."  There  was  a  pause  in  their  exchange. 

  "May  I  ask  who's  with  you?" 

   "It's  Ricky,"  came  a  new  voice. 



  "Henry."  No  more  voices  came. 

   Greg  opened  the  door  and  let  them  in.  "We're  concerned  about  you,  man,"  said  Teddy.  Greg  was  in  his  bathrobe  and  by  the  looks  of  it,  hadn't  been  doing  much  of  anything.  "Don't  be,"  he  said.  "I  just  need  more  time  for  myself."  Ricky  and  Henry  examined  the  apartment.  It  was  a  mess.  Empty  Red  Bull  cans  were  all  over  the  place.

   "I've  got  to  talk  to  her,  try  to  convince  her,"  Greg  spoke,  sadness  in  his  voice.  It  was  hard  for  his  friends  to  see  him  like  this.  "Hayden  is  still  extremely  important  to  you,  isn't  she?"  asked  Teddy.  "Of  course  she  is.  She's  my  destiny."  The  four  fighters  sat  in  silence.  "We've  came  to  you  with  a  surprise  then,"  Teddy  revealed.  "I  think  this  just  might  work."  He  got  Greg's  attention. 

   At  this  point  Andy  and  Hayden  were  taking  a  walk  in  the  park.  They  walked  hand  in  hand.  Despite  the  current  turmoil,  they  were  both  optimistic  about  their  future  together.   

    Back  at  the  apartment, Greg  had  just  finished  hearing  the  details  of  the  surprise.  "You're  kidding,  right?"  he  asked.  "You  know,  before  I  met  her,  she  had  been  involved  in  a  previous  relationship,  with  her  high  school  sweetheart."  The  guys  knew  he  had  drifted  off.  "The  guy,  Josh,  was  his  name,  cheated  on  her,  the  idiot  didn't  know  he'd  hit  the  jackpot.  She  was  so  devastated  by  the  event  that  she  couldn't  bare  to  be  in  another  relationship  until  the  time  was  right."  Teddy  chose  the  right  moment  to  speak.  "Listen  Greg,  it'll  work,"  he  assured  him.

   "Who's  idea  was  this?"  asked  Greg.  "Was  it  that  promoter  from  Oregon  with  his  bright  ideas  again?"  The  guys  nodded.  "Afraid  so,"  Ricky  said.  "That's  Red  Tucker  for  you."

               Henry  handed  Greg  the  paper  work.  "Good  man  Red  heard  about  your  soap  opera  and  thought  this  would  be  a  good  idea,"  Henry  said.  "A  copy  was  sent  to  her  already."  Greg  sat  there  reading  this.  "Tucker  wants  to  book  a  match  between  me  and  Hayden,  I  can't  believe  it,"  he  said.  "Red  has  flipped  his  lid."  Henry  shrugged  his  shoulders.  "Read  the  stipulation,"  Ricky  said.  Greg's  eyes  lit  up.  Back  at  Hayden's  place,  she  was  upset  about  this.  "Greg  wins  I  leave  you  for  him?"  she  said,  angrily.  "Red  has  gone  too  far."  Andy  hugged  her.  "At  least  we  both  know  for  a  fact  Greg  would  never  had  set  this  up,"  Andy  said.   "I  never  thought  he  did  it  for  a  minute,"  she  replied.  "He  has  too  much  integrity."  Greg  agreed  to  meet  Andy  and  Hayden  for  lunch  the  next  day,  reluctantly,  along  with  Red  Tucker.

  "Now  see  here,  all  you  fighters  signed  contracts  to  fight  on  my  event,"  Red  said,  "and  you  all  signed  releases."  Greg  just  stared  at  Andy  and  Hayden.  He  walked  away  without  saying  a  word.  "I  can't  fight  him,"  Hayden  pleaded.  Red  gulped  his  beer.  "Honey,  if  he  loves  you  like  I  know  he  does,  you  have  nothing  to  fear,"  he  said.  "Greg  is  furious  now,  sure,  but  this  will  make  for  classic  You  Tube."  Red  Tucker  was  the  same  promoter  who  booked  the  comeback  match  with  Chase  Wayland  and  Chad  Mason,  knowing  full  well  the  65-year  old  legend  had  a  bad  heart  at  the  time.  All  of  Chad's  heckling  and  anti-American  statements  were  enough  to  coax  him  back  into  the  ring.

Pride  outweighed  concern  for  his well-being.  Chase  died  at  the  end  of  the  match.  He  won  his  last  match,  but  lost  his  life  in  the  process.   

Greg  got  on  his  phone.  "Tell  me  again  how  this  will  help  me?"  It  was  Teddy  who  was  on  the  other  line.  "She'll  look  into  your  eyes,  you'll  look  into  hers,  the  match  will  never  happen,"  he  explained.  "Trust  me,  she  won't  fight  you." 

But  they’re  both  professionals  and  were  both  expected  to  give  it  their  all,  one  hundred  percent  in  the  ring.  Hayden  knew  she'd  be  expected  to  honor  the  match  stipulations,  if  she  loses,  she  leaves  the  Sawyer  she  loves  for  the  Sawyer  who's  deeply  in  love  with  her.  She  has  a  17-0  record  now,  but  she's  only  fought  women.  The  night  before  the  match  Greg  looked  out  his  hotel  room  window.  Small  price  to  pay  to  finally  have  her  be  mine.  In  the  room  Hayden  is  sharing  with  Andy  the  mood  was  different.  "Anything  can  happen  there  tomorrow,"  Andy  said,  "and  I  don't  want  to  lose  you."  He  was  visibly  nervous.  "Greg  is  a  top  competitor,"  she  said,  "I  can't  beat  him,  obviously."  They  hugged.  "No  matter  what  happens,  Andy,  I'll  still  feel  the  same  way  as  I  do  now."

The  next  day  before  the  event  Greg  went  for  a  walk  to  prepare.  He  knew  he  had  a  guaranteed  victory  ahead  of  him.  He  was  getting  what  he'd  always  wanted,  it's  just  that  he  didn't  want  it  to  be  like  this.  But,  so  be  it!  He  heard  a  ruckus  nearby.  "A  gang,"  he  whispered  to  himself.  Eight  thugs  bullying  a  disabled  person.  "Let's  chat,  Special  Ed!"  They  were  pushing  him.  They  had  him  surrounded.  Greg  found  a  2x4  inside  a  garbage  can.  "Is  there  a  problem  here?"  asked  Greg.  The  thugs  moved  their  attention  away  from  the  disabled  person  and  focused  on  Greg.  "Run,"  he  shouted  to  the  victim.  Running  is  what  he  did.  Greg  held  the  2x4  up.  The  thugs  walked  towards  him.   Back  at  the  arena,  Hayden  was  doing  some  last  minute  stretching.  Andy  was  spending  as  much  time  with  her  as  possible.  They  both  felt  this  would  be  the  end  for  their  relationship.  Teddy,  Ricky,  and  Henry  were  all  wondering  what  was  keeping  Greg.  Back  at  the  alley  there  was  an  image  of  Greg  down  on  the  ground,  badly  beaten. 

     He  slowly  got  up  to  his  feet,  bleeding  and  limping,  he  picked  up  the  2x4  that  had  previously  been  used  against  him  to  help  him  stand.  It  felt  like  a  long  way  back  to  the  arena.  "Greg,  what  happened?"  asked  Teddy.  The  guys  fixed  Greg  up  as  he  explained.  He  was  bandaged  and  taped  up.  Clearly  he  was  in  no  condition  to  compete.  But  he's  going  to  anyway.  This  was  too  important  to  him.  Nobody  bet  on  the  Greg  Sawyer  versus  Hayden  Conrad  match.  Nobody  would  bet  on  Hayden,  they  all  wanted  to  bet  on  Greg.  Hayden  was  announced  to  the  ring  first.  She  was  visibly  concerned.  Greg  walked  to  the  ring  clearly  beaten,  battered,  and  bruised.

Hayden  saw  the  bandages,  scrapes,  and  scars.  He  was  limping.  "Greg?  What  happened?"  she  asked  concerned.   Greg  shook  his  head,  brushing  off  her  question.  The  commentators  received  word  of  Greg's  eight-on-one  beating  and  mentioned  it  on  the  air.  The  bell  rang.  Greg  circled  the  ring,  Hayden  extended  her  hand,  he  stared  at  it,  unsure.  He  shut  his  eyes  and  nodded  to  himself.  They  shook  hands,  now  they  locked  up. 

  Greg  put  her  in  an  arm  bar.  Andy  looked  on  the  monitor,  nervously.  Greg  wrenched  it  in.  Then  he  got  her  in  a  head  lock.  Hayden  elbowed  him  in  the  stomach.  He  was  still  sore,  he  gasped.    She  shot  at  him  again,  then  she  smashed  him  in  the  face.   The  blood  splattered  through  the  bandages.  She  looked  on  in  horror  as  his  face  had  become  a  crimson  red  mask  before  her  eyes.  Greg  took  off  after  her,  but  she  drop  kicked  him.  Greg  fell  down.  "Greg,  what  happened  to  you?"  she  asked  as  she  watched  him  lay  down  in  pain  on  the  mat.  "Gang  attack,"  he  mumbled,  "eight  of  them."  Greg  slowly  got  up  to  his  feet.  Hayden  knew  he  was  in  pain,  she  couldn't  fight  him  any  more. 

"Let's  finish  this,"  insisted  Greg.  He  went  for  a  clothesline  but  she  ducked.  Now  she  throws  a  clothesline  and  connects.  Hayden  then  dropped  an  elbow  onto  the  chest  of  Greg.  She  pinned  him.  The  referee  counted.  "One!  Two!  Three!"

Hayden  won  the  match.  The  audience  was  stunned.  Greg  needed  help  returning  to  the  locker  room.  Andy  and  Hayden  hugged.  After  Greg  recovered,  days  later,  he  traveled  to  Idaho  to  see  Teddy,  Henry,  and  Ricky.  The  other  fighters  heckled  him  for  losing  to  Hayden.   "Don't  listen  to  them,  Greg,"  said  Ricky. 

"I  just  came  to  say  good-bye,"  Greg  said.  Word  got  around  within  a  week  about  Greg's  departure.  Andy  heard  from  their  parents  that  Greg  paid  off  the  remainder  of  his  car  and  is  letting  Henry  take  over  his  apartment  during  his  absence.   Greg  was  now  at  the  airport,  never  having  told  anyone  where  he  was  off  to.  "Greg!"  shouted  Hayden.  She  found  him.  "Please  wait."  The  airport  was  crowded.  "Hello,  Hayden."  They  were  standing  there,  not  knowing  what  to  say.  "Why  are  you  leaving  your  home?"  she  asked.

"I  can't  handle  this,  I  can't  let  go,"  he  responded.  "Hayden,  just  let  me  know  one  thing,  did  I  ever  have  a  chance?"  She  had  tears  in  her  eyes.  "We  were  friends,  we  are  friends,"  she  answered.

 "Did  I  do  something  wrong  for  you  not  wanting  to  be  with  me?"  he  asked.  "No,  Greg,  of  course  not,"  she  replied.

"But  you  don't  love  me,"  he  said.  She  was  crying  heavily  at  this  point.  "You're  wrong,  Greg,  I  do  love  you,"  Hayden  answered,  "but  I  love  you  like  a  brother."  The  announcement  for  his  flight  was  announced  on  the  intercom.  "But  the  problem  is  I  don't  love  you  like  a  sister,  I  love  you  as  something  more,"  he  responded. 

"Farewell,  Hayden."  She  hugged  him.  As  they  hugged,  Greg  began  crying.  Six  months  passed  with  nobody  having  heard  from  Greg.  The  relationship  of  Andy  and  Hayden  was  stronger  than  ever.  Hayden's  long-time  friend,  Katie,  had  moved  into  the  neighborhood.  While  Andy  and  Hayden  were  having  lunch  together,  Katie  came  over.  She  was  holding  a  magazine.  "Hey  you  two,"  Katie  said. 

"How's  our  favorite  soldier?"  Hayden  asked.

Andy  looked  on,  smiling,  glad  his  girlfriend  had  someone  that's  like  a  sister  to  her  back  in  her  life.  "Care  to  join  us?"  Andy  asked.  She  sat  down.  "I  came  across  something  interesting  in  my  military  magazine,"  Katie  said.  Andy  and  Hayden  looked  and  it  was  a  picture  of  Greg  as  the  All-Military  Fighting  Champion.  Andy  brought  the  magazine  to  show  his  parents.  He  explained  that  it  turns  out  Greg  has  been  fighting  for  the  Army,  Navy,  Marines,  Air  Force,  National  Guard,  all  of  the  branches  of  the  military.

    Katie  was  preparing  to  rejoin  the  Army.  Another  six  months  passed  and  Greg  was  off  the  radar.  It  was  like  he  disappeared.  It  occurred  shortly  after  he  lost  his  championship.   "Don't  worry,  Hayden,  he'll  turn  up,"  Katie  began,  "I  remember  what  you  used  to  say  about  Greg  in  your  letters,  I  know  he'll  be  fine."    Andy  held  Hayden's  hand.  "You're  right,  perhaps  he's  on  his  way  back  right  now,"  Hayden  replied.  The  three  of  them  were  silent,  thinking  about  the  missing  Greg.  "Be  careful  over  there,  Katie,"  Andy  said,  "that  evil  terrorist  is  still  on  the  loose."

She  nodded.  "Hey,  after  hanging  out  with  mixed  martial  arts  fighters,  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  doesn't  stand  a  chance,"  Katie  said.  "Hard  to  believe  there's  now  a  mole  somewhere  in  our  own  country  sending  that  loon  information."  Throughout  the  news  the  big  topic  had  been  the  emergence  of  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  and  his  evil  reign  of  terror.  The  world  wasn't  safe  with  him  in  it.  After  Katie  went  to  the  Army,  Andy  planned  a  surprise  for  Hayden.  They  were  in  Nevada  for  an  event,  afterwards  during  a  party  in  the  casino,  the  band  played  romantic  music,  Andy  got  down  on  one  knee  in  front  of  Hayden,  and  revealed  a  sparkling  ring.  "Hayden,  my  one  true  love,  would  you  make  me  the  happiest  man  in  the  world  and  marry  me?"  he  asked.  Hayden  with  tears  of  joy  in  her  eyes  looked  around  and  smiled.  "Yes,  I'll  marry  you,"  she  said.

Overseas  Katie  was  on  a  covert  assignment.  It  was  about  stopping  FAH.  He  had  overtaken  a  town  and  turned  the  citizens  and  captured  soldiers  and  officers  and  turned  them  into  slaves.  Hussein  kept  getting  computer  information  from  his  source,  knowing  instantly  when  an  ambush  by  the  American  troops  was  on  the  way.

She  was  disguised  as  a  foreign  mercenary  inside  the  castle,  while  Fidel  was  hosting  a  ceremony.  Hussein  was  planning  an  attack  on  American  soil,  Katie's  mission  was  to  eliminate  Hussein,  once  she  contacted  her  general,  then  the  cavalry  will  arrive.  Back  in  the  USA,  somewhere  in  Nevada,  Andy  was  packing  up  after  another  tough  match.  Chad  was  lurking  around  wearing  a  t-shirt  of  Fidel  Ali  Hussein.  "I  heard  you  and  Hayden  are  getting  married,"  said  Chad,  "congratulations  on  that."  Andy  ignored  Chad.  "How's  that  brother  of  yours?"  he  asked.  Andy  pounced  on  Chad,  right  into  the  lockers.  Andy  was  choking  him.  "Don't  you  ever  talk  about  my  brother  again,"  Andy  warned,  "you  don't  have  that  right,  you  commie  pig."

Teddy,  Henry,  and  Ricky  pulled  Andy  off  of  Chad.  They  went  outside  with  him.  "Don't  let  Chad  get  to  you,"  Teddy  said,  "the  guy's  being  his  usual  miserable  self."  Andy  looked  at  the  ground.  "I  tried  U.S.  Search,  they  couldn't  find  Greg,"  said  Andy,  "no  one  can  find  him."  Three  weeks  went  by  after  that,  still  no  word  on  Greg,  but  during  that  period,  an  undercover  Katie  had  gained  Hussein's  trust.  She  made  her  report,  secretly,  to  General  Marshall.  "He  fully  believes  I'm  on  his  side,  General,"  she  said,  "I'm  glad  I  learned  to  speak  their  language  after  all."  Later  that  evening  Katie  danced  with  Fidel.

One  of  Fidel's  minions  received  another  e-mail  from  their  mole,  having  hacked  into  the  military  computer  system,  they  learned  of  another  ambush  against  their  bunker.  Those  soldiers  were  captured.  Katie  wondered  how  this  kept  happening.  While  sharing  dinner  with  Hussein  and  his  minions,  she  learned  of  the  traitor  sending  the  stolen  data.  Meanwhile,  in  the  USA,  Andy  and  Hayden  were  having  lunch  at  the  home  of  Andy's  parents'  Kansas  home.  Mom  and  Dad  were  still  joyful  of  the  news  of  their  son's  engagement.  "Hayden,  I  can't  wait  for  Barry  and  I  to  meet  your  parents,"  Mrs.  Sawyer  said.

"Oh,  they'll  really  like  you,  Mrs.  Sawyer,"  replied  Hayden.

"Please,  call  me  Maureen,"  she  insisted.  The  doorbell  rang.  "I'll  see  who  it  is,"  Mr.  Sawyer  insisted.  There  was  a  man  in  uniform  at  the  door.

"Hello,  is  this  the  home  of  Barry  and  Maureen  Sawyer?"  asked  the  military  officer.  "Yes,  may  I  help  you?"  he  responded.  The  man  in  uniform  held  a  briefcase  in  his  hand.  "I'm  here  to  discuss  your  son,  Greg,"  he  answered.  "I'm  Col.  Donald  Houser."  They  all  occupied  the  family  living  room,  all  four  wanting  answers.  "After  his  last  match  for  the  military,  Greg  volunteered  for  a  top  secret  assignment  to  use  his  mixed  martial  arts  abilities  to  stop  Fidel  Ali  Hussein,"  Col.  Houser  said,  "Greg  was  making  progress,  until  our  database  had  gotten  hacked  into."

Andy  suddenly  had  a  lump  in  his  throat,  fearing  for  the  worse,  but  praying  for  the  best.

 "Greg  went  back  into  Hussein's  castle,  in  the  village  of  Larebil,  to  locate  the  source  of  where  the  hacking  was  taking  place  and  who  the  hacker  is,"  Col.  Houser  continued,  "we  received  word  from  him  on  radio,  'Mace-in'  and  'transmission'  was  what  he'd  said,  and  he  went  missing  after  that."  Hayden  wasn't  liking  the  turn  this  conversation  had  gone  in.

"Recently  we've  recovered  a  torn  piece  of  his  uniform  along  with  his  blood  and  pieces  of  his  hair,"  Col.  Houser  added,  "nearby  the  field  was  a  disaster  area."

Barry  and  Maureen  started  crying.  "What  does  this  mean?"  Andy  yelled.

"I'm  sorry,  son,"  Col.  Houser  told  him,  "your  brother  was  a  good  man."  Andy  and  Hayden  were  crying  as  well. 

Col.  Houser  gave  them  Greg's  dog-tags.  Mace-in,  transmission.  It  kept  echoing  in  his  head  as  Col.  Houser  was  exiting  the  house.   

    "Wait!"  Andy  screamed.  "I  know  what  Greg  was  trying  to  say."  But  he  had  already  driven  off.  Even  so,  how'd  he  prove  what  he  now  knows.  In  the  next  few  days  the  family  planned  a  memorial  service  for  Greg.  Overseas  in  the  village  of  Larebil,  Katie  was  present  with  Hussein  as  he  briefed  his  minions  on  what  he  wanted  his  captives  to  do  on  this  day.  "Me  wants  the  slime  these  retched  misfits  are  to  finish  building  my  statue,"  he  ordered.  The  head  minion  kneeled,  "Yes,  your  excellency."  Now  Hussein  turned  his  attentions  to  Katie.

"Aw  my  dear,  it's  been  lovely  to  have  you  on  my  squadron,  my  lovely  woman."  She  pretended  to  be  flattered,  while  really  being  sickened.  "A  pity  I  already  have  six-teen  wives,"  he  continued,  "there's  another  pity  as  well."

  "What's  that,  my  master?"  she  asked.

Hussein  looked  at  her  with  fury.  "That  you're   an  American  spy."  Minions  surrounded  her.  In  Topeka,  the  service  for  Greg  had  wrapped  up.  Andy  was  at  the  reserved  section  of  the  cemetery  that  Greg  would  be  in,  after  the  Army  locates  his  body.  "Greg,  it's  me,  Andy.  I'm  sorry,  you  deserved  better  than  what  I  gave  you.  I  want  you  to  know  I  never  meant  to  hurt  you,  I  was  always  honored  to  be  your  brother,  and  I  promise  to  avenge  you,  my  brother.  This  I  promise  you."  Andy  cried. 

Hayden  joined  him  now.  "Greg,  I  failed  you  as  a  friend.  I  did  love  you,  I  do.  If  I'm  blessed  to  have  children  one  day,  I  promise  you  our  first  born  son  will  be  named  after  you.  I  hope  you  found  peace."  At  home  later  on,  Hayden  got  a  text  message  from  a  member  of  Katie's  unit,  stating  she  was  MIA.   Hayden  immediately  went  to  Andy.  "I  know  what  must  be  done,"  he  said,  "we're  going  on  a  trip."  Their  road  trip  was  to  Idaho.  The  evil  Fidel  was  still  interrogating  Katie.  "I'm  sticking  to  the  same  story  I've  given  you,"  she  said,  "I'm  not  telling  you  nothing."  Rifles  were  pointed  at  her,  but  she  still  wouldn't  sell-out.  Fidel  looked  her  straight  in  the  eyes.

  "Listen  my  pretty  lady,"  he  hissed,  "when  I  take  over  the  rest  of  the  Middle  East,  I'll  be  one  step  closer  to  destroying  America."   Katie  slapped  him  in  the  face.  The  minions  were  poised  and  ready  with  their  weapons.  "Lock  her  up  in  the  special  dungeon,"  Fidel  ordered.  Fortunately,  Andy  had  better  luck  as  he  found  the  residence  of  the  hacking  traitor.  He  looked  around  for  something.  Russian  music  played  from  the  loft  of  the  suspect.

Andy  pounded  on  the  door.  After  it  opened  he  was  staring  at  Chad.  Andy  karate  kicked  him  to  the  floor.  "What's  your  problem,  Sawyer?"  he  asked.  Andy  hoisted  him  up  and  put  a  death  grip  on  him.  "How  could  you  do  it,  you  crazy  backstabbing  traitor?"  Andy  demanded.  "How  did  you  hack  into  military  files?"  Hayden  walked  in  and  watched  this.  "I  didn't  do  anything,"  Chad  claimed,  "now  leave,  but  your  hottie  can  stay."

Andy  punched  him  in  the  ribs.  "New  approach,"  insisted  Andy,  "I  don't  care  how  you  did  it,  but,  my  brother  is  dead  because  of  you."  There  was  no  trace  of  remorse  in  Chad's  eyes.  

"Now  our  friend, Katie  is  missing,"  he  continued,  "you'll  be  helping  us  with  this  dilemma."  Chad  smirked.  "You  and  what  army?"  he  asked.  Footsteps  were  heard.  "Us,"  came  a  voice.  It  was  Teddy,  Henry,  and  Ricky.



Katie  was  dragged  into  the  dungeon.  "Do  you  pray,  girlie?"  asked  the  guard.

   "Yes,  I  do,  why?"  she  answered.  The  door  to  the  dungeon  was  opened.  "Your  new  roommate  is  constantly  heard  praying."   She  was  forced  in.  It  was  dark  and  gloomy  inside.  It  was  a  big  place,  it  was  a  dirty  place.  It  was  much  neater  in  the  loft.

 

Chad  has  a  Soviet  Union  flag  hanging  up,  along  with  a  collection  of  Michael  Moore  DVDs.  Andy  looked  at  them  in  disgust.  Chad  drank  his  Cuban  lager.  

"Ever  hear  of  Concoction  9000?"  Andy  asked.  Chad  burped.  "No,  should  I  have?"  The  five  friends  had  pretty  much  tooken  over  Chad's  loft  and  weren't  leaving.  "Andy,  you  say  that  the  individual  who  consumes  the  concoction  only  has  9,000  hours  left  to  live,"  Teddy  remarked,  "the  liquid  slowly  shuts  down  the  host's  immune  system."

  Chad  had  a  Nazi  documentary  playing  on  his  DVD  player.  "Don't  forget  it  creeps  into  your  bloodstream,"  Henry  added,  "that's  a  crucial  element."  Chad  put  the  volume  higher  and  drank  more  of  his  lager.  "You  can't  function  after  a  while,  you're  all  drowsy  afterwards,"  Ricky  responded,  "your  body  freezes  up  and  then  you're  done  for."

  Chad  grew  irritated.  He  finished  the  last  drop  of  his  lager.   "That's  exactly  what'll  happen  to  Mister  Turncoat  here,"  Hayden  said,  "unless  he  cooperates."

Chad  groaned.  "Help  you  fools  with  what?"  he  demanded.  The  Nazi  film  had  concluded.  "You're  the  go-to  guy  with  Fidel  Ali  Hussein,  you  two  are  BFFs,"  Andy  said,  "so  you're  helping  me  and  the  crew  into  the  Middle  East  to  rescue  Katie  Wade  and  capture  your  life  partner."  He  selected  the  special  features  on  the  disk.

"Why'd  you  want  to  mess  with  F.A.H.  for?"  asked  Chad.  The  walls  of  his  loft  looked  like  a  hall  of  shame  for  America  haters.  "I'm  going  to  finish  up  what  my  brother  began,"  Andy  said,  "I'll  avenge  his  death,  he  won't  have  died  in  vain."   Chad's  wall  featured  pictures  of  such  notable  USA  enemies  as  Michael  Moore,  Sean  Penn,  Tim  Robbins,  and  Hugo  Chavez. 

"That's  fine  and  dandy,"  Chad  said,  "but  why  would  I  betray  Fidel  and  enter  the  Larebil  section  of  the  Middle  East?"  A  bunch  of  anti-war  movie  posters  were  also  hung  up. 

"Because  if  you  don't  help  these  guys  you  won't  get  the  antidote  for  the  concoction,"  Hayden  answered.

"How  are  any  of  you  going  to  force  me  to  drink  your  nine  thousand  hour  concoction?"  Chad  wondered.  They  all  sat  back  proud  of  themselves.  Chad  felt  uneasy.  "Oh  no,"  he  said.  Chad  stared  at  his  empty  bottle.



"Oh  yes,"  Andy  returned.  Katie  was  now  inside  her  dungeon  prison  as  the  ring  fighters  made  their  plan.  Andy's  family  private  plane  was  ready,  but  they  had  to  stop  in  Japan  first,  as  it  was  illegal  for  them  to  just  go  on  a  trip  to  a  war  zone.

Four  hours  had  gone  by,  and  the  plane  was  in  the  sky  as  they  went  over  the  plan.  Hayden  didn't  go.  Katie  had  been  brave  through  it  all,  but  fear  settled  in.  

 "I  must  find  a  way  to  escape,"  she  said.  A  sound  of  pounding  the  floor  and  moaning  walked  through.  Katie  knew  immediately  it  was  her  roommate  that  is  religious,  who  the  guard  had  spoken  of.  The  prisoner  looked  dirty  and  un-groomed  from  his  long  captivity.

"You'll  never  escape  from  here,"  he  said,  "you  can  trust  me  on  this  one."  This  wasn't  what  she  wanted  to  hear.

"We  have  to  try,"  she  insisted.  The  prisoner  stood  in  the  darkness.

"I've  attempted  many  times,  it's  no  use,"  he  assured  her,  "I'm  done,  we're  all  done.  Doomed."  The  plane  was  still  in  the  sky.  Chad  was  tied  up  in  his  seat  so  he  couldn't  attempt  anything  underhanded.  Katie  looked  up  at  the  stranger.

"We  need  to  work  together,"  she  pleaded,  "we  must  continue  to  fight  for  the  USA,  for  ourselves."  The  man  had  lost  all  hope  and  confidence.  Even  his  mind.

"You  don't  know  what  these  monsters  are  capable  of,"  he  said.  She  studied  him.  "Wait,  I  know  who  you  are,"  Katie  said,  shockingly,  "you're  Greg  Sawyer!"  He  stepped  into  the  light.

"How  do  you  know  who  I  am?"  he  asked.

"I'm  Hayden's  friend,  Katie  Wade,"  she  said.  Greg's  eyes  lit  up.

"You  know  Hayden?"  The  two  sat  down  as  she  told  Greg  what  was  happening  with  his  family.  Greg  wasn't  in  his  right  frame  of  mind  due  to  watching  what  the  terrorists  had  done  to  the  people  he  turned  into  slaves.  Greg  was  captured  wounded  and  injured,  so  he  was  of  no  use  to  them  as  a  slave,  but  was  kept  locked  up  at  the  request  of  Chad.  He  still  hasn't  told  Andy  and  the  others  that  Greg  was  still  alive.

Greg  was  forced  to  watch  the  torture  the  enslaved  hostages  went  through,  including  the  dictator's  own  people  who  refused  to  allow  him  to  rule  them,  then  was  conquered  by  them.

Hayden  went  to  sleep  that  night,  thinking  about  the  final  conversation  she'd  had  with  Greg.  Why  had  she  fallen  in  love  with  Andy  but  didn't  consider  Greg  as  boyfriend  material?  She  thought  about  this  while  in  bed.  Greg  had  always  been  there  for  her,  looked  out  for  her.  After  Josh's  betrayal  she  was  lucky  to  meet  a  guy  like  Greg  who  was  kind  and  treated  her  with  respect.  Why  then?  Why  Andy  and  not  Greg?  Then  it  hit  her.  After  she  was  getting  over Josh,  Greg  was  protective  of  her,  almost  like  the  older  brother  she'd  always  wanted.  The  problem  was  he'd  never  thought  of  me  as  his  kid  sister.  Yes,  he'd  told  her  as  much  in  the  airport.  But  now  that  she  really,  really  thought  about  it,  the  answer  finally  clicked  in.

 

    Greg  and  Katie  sat  there  talking,  six  hours  had  gone  by,  he  talked  about  his  life.  It  had  been  so  long  since  he'd  had  somebody  to  talk  to.  "Ronald  Reagan  was  a  big  American  hero  to  me,"  he  said,  "I  even  visited  his  ranch  during  my  travels."

"I  know  what  you  mean,"  Katie  said,  "hearing  what  George  W.  Bush  had  to  say  after  9/11  inspired  me  to  get  involved."  Katie  knew  she  had  to  help  Greg  get  through  his  pain  and  self-doubt.  Hour  six-teen,  still  aboard  the  plane,  the  guys  examined  their  guns,  which  were  hidden  securely  in  a  couple  of  footlockers.  Chad  looked  at  them  with  hatred  in  his  eyes.

"Why  don't  you  just  move  to  Cuba?"  asked  Andy.  Chad  didn't  respond.

 

"Who's  your  favorite  actor  of  all  time?"  Katie  asked.  Greg  remembered  his  movies  fondly.  "John  Wayne."  Greg  had  seen  everything  John  Wayne  had  been  in. 

"Would  John  Wayne  just  accept  defeat  like  this?"  Katie  asked. 

The  plane  had  landed  in  Japan.  Andy  slipped  an  envelope  filled  with  money  to  an  old  Japanese  business  partner  of  his  grandfather's.  Now  they  got  into  the  plane  they'd  be  smuggled  into. 

"I  had  all  but  given  up,"  Greg  said,  "look  at  these  letters  I'd  written  to  my  family.…and  to  Hayden,  in  case  I  died  and  these  were  found."

The  stack  of  letters  had  an  elastic  band  around  it.  "I'm  just  curious,  what  did  your  letters  to  Andy  and  Hayden  say?"  Katie  asked.

"I  just  wrote  what  I  felt,"  he  answered.  "Let's  make  our  game  plan." 

The  business  partner  used  Chad's  hacker-laptop  to  feed  information  that  the  plane  was  delivering  supplies  to  the  troops.  Andy  got  dressed  into  his  war  gear.  Army  pants  and  a  Greg  Sawyer  tribute  t-shirt  that  him  and  the  guys  had  made.  Teddy,  Henry,  and  Ricky  all  wore  the  exact  thing. 

The  guard  was  bringing  food  for  Greg  and  Katie.  The  guard  looked  at  Katie.  "You  know,  you're  a  good  looking  American  girl,"  he  said.  She  saw  the  intentions  in  his  eyes.  He  walked  closer,  from  behind  Greg  locked  him  in  a  sleeper  hold.  Katie  snatched  his  gun.  After  he  lost  consciousness,  Greg  took  his  knife  away.  Another  guard  came  to  check  up  on  things,  Greg  karate  kicked  him.  "Now  I  have  a  gun,  too,"  he  said.   Greg  and  Katie  locked  them  in.

Greg  and  Katie  kept  surprising  the  terrorists  and  knocking  them  out.  One  jumped  out  and  snatched  up  Katie,  Greg  shot  him  in  the  arm.  The  two  Americans  hid  in  a  tunnel.  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  learned  of  their  escape.  As  punishment,  he  had  those  guards  killed.  The  plane  was  still  in  the  air.  Chad  was  chained  up,  the  others  got  as  much  sleep  as  possible.  They'll  need  it.

"We  must  go  to  the  next  phase  of  our  plan,"  Greg  insisted.  Katie  noticed  one  of  the  terrorists  had  a  cattle  prod  in  his  possession.  After  they  attacked  him  and  gave  him  a  concussion,  the  cattle  prod  was  theirs. 

The  guys  had  gotten  ten  hours  of  sleep  and  were  refreshed.  Now  they  enjoyed  a  good  breakfast.  They  had  arrived  at  their  destination.  The  guys  did  some  stretching  exercises  beforehand.  They  drank  their  energy  drinks.  Hussein  was  getting  frustrated  in  his  fortress,  as  he  had  more  of  his  men  executed  for  their  failure. 

"Me  want  the  Americans  located  at  immediate  time,"  he  barked.  The  followers  promised  to  obey.  On  the  isolated  mountain  top,  Andy  ordered  Chad  to  make  the  call  on  the  satellite  phone.

"Village  area  AF  five  point  eight  one,"  Chad  said,  "it  is  I,  the  Cruncher  ahead  of  schedule."  They  waited  for  a  response  from  the  operator. 

"Mason,  is  that  you?"  asked  the  operator.  They  awaited  word  for  permission  and  instructions  to  the  base.  After  being  bounced  around  from  officer  to  officer,  Chad  finally  got  Fidel  on  the  line.   

"Chud,  me  man,  what-a  you  doing  here?"  asked  Fidel.

"The  feds  are  on  to  me,  I  needed  to  make  a  break  for  it."  Chad  was  concerned  for  his  life,  he  kept  looking  at  his  watch.

 "Okay,  Chud,  we  move  on  to  next  phase…We  plan  attack  on  American  soil."  While  the  phone  conversation  took  place,  Greg  and  Katie  kept  rendering  the  terrorists  unconscious  with  a  nerve  hold.

"Wow,  Katie,  I  had  no  idea  you  had  this  kind  of  advanced  training,"  Greg  said,  impressed.  Another  Fidel  minion  came  from  behind.  "Greg,  behind  you,"  Katie  screamed.  Greg  zapped  him  with  the  cattle  prod.

A  reluctant  Chad  led  the  way  for  Andy  and  company. 

"You're  still  giving  me  the  antidote,  right?"  he  asked.  "I've  been  keeping  track  of  my  time.  Sixty-one  hours,  forty-one  minutes."  The  guys  kept  walking. 

"Once  Hussein  is  captured  and  Katie  is  safe  you're  retched  life  will  be  spared."  Andy  said.  "After  what  happened  to  Greg,  this  is  way,  way  more  than  what  you  deserve."  Little  did  Andy  know,  Greg  and  Katie  were  on  their  way  to  Hussein's  quarters.  A  four  hundred  pound  man  stood  in  front  of  the  next  doorway  they  needed  to  get  through.

Katie  was  used  as  a  diversion,  while  Greg  came  from  behind  and  choked  him  out.



 "We  make  a  great  team,"  Katie  said.  Greg  nodded  in  agreement.  "We'd  be  tag  team  champions,  you  and  me."

Outdoors  Fidel  Ali  Hussein  and  his  entourage  awaited  Chad's  arrival.  "Sixty-five  hours  have  now  expired,"  Chad  mumbled.  He  walked  alone  towards  the  gate.  The  guards  opened  the  door.

"Master,  it  is  I,"  said  Chad.  Hussein  smiled  approvingly.  "Chud,  my  boy,  how  are  you?"  he  asked.  Chad  looked  at  him  with  concern  in  his  eyes.  "IT'S  A  TRAP!"  BANG  BANG!  The  bullets  flew  from  a  distance.  Teddy,  got  five  of  them  already.  Ricky,  a  target  expert,  had  shot  twenty  of  them  from  his  make-shift  fort.  Henry  managed  to  get  someone's  kneecap.  Andy  missed  with  each  shot.

"Me  men  are  all  down,"  Fidel  panicked,  "Chud,  what  going  on?"  He  explained  it  all  to  the  evil  dictator.  Andy  got  on  a  radio  and  contacted  the  American  Army.  The  American  fighters  charged  the  castle  doors.  Guns  continued  firing.  Ricky  and  Teddy  killed  them,  while  Andy  and  Henry  tried  their  best.  Greg  and  Katie  heard  the  commotion. 

"We  must  have  back  up,  obviously,"  said  Greg.

Ricky,  like  a  cowboy,  worked  his  gun  like  magic,  shooting  down  bad  guy  after  bad  guy.  His  friends  were  astonished  by  the  sight. 

"We  should  split  up  now,"  Andy  said,  "we  must  locate  Hussein  and  find  Katie  and  anyone  else  who's  being  held  captive."

Fidel  and  Chad  were  hiding  under  a  desk.  "I'm  so  sorry,  my  ruler,"  Chad  said.  The  door  was  suddenly  shot  down.  "Shud  op,  Chud,"  Fidel  shouted.  Andy  burst  through  the  room.  Chad  sprung  out  from  underneath  the  desk  and  tackled  Andy.

They  fought  into  Fidel's  bathroom.  "Get  'em  my  boy,"  Fidel  cheered.  Suddenly  Fidel  got  kicked  in  the  head.  It  was  Greg.  The  dictator  took  a  pounding  from  Greg.  Lefts  and  rights  and  rights  and  lefts.  He  acted  like  he  was  back  in  the  ring  as  he  executed  his  arsenal  of  fancy  moves. 

In  the  bathroom,  Andy  smashed  Chad's  face  into  a  mirror. 

"Seven  years  bad  luck  I  guess,"  he  said.  Andy  walked  into  the  next  room  and  recognized  Fidel  but  didn't  notice  who  the  American  male  was  that  was  beating  the  tar  out  of  him.  He  walked  closer.  The  beating  stopped,  Greg  still  had  his  back  turned. 

"I'm  an  American,  I'm  here  to  help,"  Andy  said.  Greg  turned  around.   "Greg?"  Andy  asked  shocked.  The  two  brothers  stared  shocked  at  one  another.  "Andy?"  Greg  was  equally  as  shocked.

Fidel  was  slowly  getting  up,  struggling  to  regain  his  senses. 

"I  thought  you  were  dead,"  Andy  still  had  surprise  in  his  voice.  Chad  staggered  from  the  bathroom.  "You!"  Greg  said,  outraged.  He  pointed  his  gun  at  Chad.

Fidel  was  barely  back  on  his  feet,  Greg  pointed  the  gun  at  him  now. 



"You,  Grug,  wait-e  a  min-ute,  pu-leese,"  Fidel  said,  "me  know  all-a  about  you  frum  Chud."  Greg  had  hatred  on  his  face  and  eyes.  "What  did  that  rat  tell  you?"  Greg  demanded,  angrily.

"You  should-a-not  shoot-a me,"  Fidel  insisted,  "you  should-a  shoot-a  ya'  brother."  Chad  nodded  in  agreement.  Fidel  pulled  Andy  next  to  him.  They  began  shoving  one  another.

 "Stop  it  now!"  Greg  demanded.  They  heard  the  cavalry  arrive  outside.  The  prisoners  were  freed.

"I  have  a  escape  hatch,  me  man,"  Fidel  said,  "join  us,  you'll  be  royalty  with  us."  Fidel's  men  were  dropping  like  flies  outside.  "Listen  to  him  Greg,"  Chad  pleaded,  "Fidel  is  extremely  rich,  you'll  rule  your  own  kingdom  like  I  will."  A  million  thoughts  ran  through  Greg's  mind,  his  life  thus  far  was  flashing  in  his  brain  like  a  movie.  

"You  brother,  And-ee,  he  stole  your  girlie  friend,"  Fidel  said,  "And-ee  do  not  care  for-a  you."  Chad  looked  at  his  timer,  sixty-nine  hours  went  by. 

"He's  right,  Greg,  Andy  and  Hayden  wronged  you,"  Chad  agreed,  "we  can  form  an  alliance  and  rule  this  territory,  just  kill  Andy  and  Hayden  can  be  your  queen."

Andy  wouldn't  speak  on  his  behalf.

"He  know  it's  a-true,"  Fidel  insisted,  "shoot  him  and  you  and  Hayden  will  be  guaranteed  a  happy  life  too-geta."  Greg  had  the  gun  poised,  his  finger  on  the  trigger. 

"Greg,  it's  all  my  fault  you're  like  this,"  Andy  said,  "I'd  prefer  to  die  than  to  see  you  miserable  and  sad  like  you've  been."

"They’re  on  their  way,  Greg,"  Chad  said,  "we  need  to  use  the  escape  hatch  now."  The  Army  had  cleaned  house. 

"After  dis  wee-ee  will  get-a  Chud's  antidote,"  Fidel  reminded.  "It's  time  Greg."

The  next  minute  felt  like  a  blur,  Greg  nodded,  aimed  the  gun.  Andy  and  Fidel  stood  there,  Chad  looked  confident.  Andy  accepted  his  faith,  while  having  a  flashback  of  himself  and  Greg  in  better  days.  BANG  BANG  BANG  BANG!  A  thud  was  heard  as  the  body  fell. 

"I  was  worried  there  for  a  while,  Greg,"  a  relieved  Andy  said. 

Fidel  was  still  alive,  but  barely.  "You  messed  up,  Sawyer,"  Chad  said,  "your  life  would've  been  so  much  better."

Greg  walked  over  to  Chad  and  hit  him  in  the  face  with  the  gun.  Chad  went  right  down.

Katie  entered  the  room.  "Can  I  join  this  reunion?"  The  Sawyer  boys  were  both  glad  to  see  she  was  okay.



"Katie!"  Andy  said.  The  two  hugged.  "Greg,  there's  some  people  here  to  see  you,"  Katie  informed.  Greg  turned  his  head.  Teddy,  Henry,  and  Ricky  were  there  to  greet  him.

"Greg!"  "You  really  are  alive."  "I  can't  believe  this."  He  ran  up  to  them.  "Oh  man,  guys,  I  thought  I'd  never  see  you  again,"  he  said.  They  all  hugged  each  other.  Andy  watched  their  reunion.  His  eyes  were  sad.

"Go  to  him,"  Katie  said.  Andy  tapped  Greg  on  the  shoulder.  Both  Sawyers  cried.  "I'm  sorry,"  Andy  said.  Greg  shook  his  head.  "No,  no."  The  brothers  embraced.  The  US  Army  had  Fidel  and  Chad  arrested. 

After  hours  of  discussion,  Andy  and  the  others  were  cleared  of  any  and  all  charges.  Katie  phoned  her  family,  then  she  called  Hayden.  "Andy  and  the  boys  are  fine  and  we'll  be  bringing  you  a  surprise."  Greg  gathered  the  letters  he  had  written  while  imprisoned.  Andy  approached  his  big  brother  as  he  held  the  letters.  "May  I  read  my  letter,  Greg?"  he  asked. 

Greg  hesitated,  feeling  uneasy.  "Please?"  He  agreed.  Greg  walked  away  to  give  Andy  some  time  alone  to  read.

 

Dear  Andy,

By  receiving  this  letter,  I'm  either  missing  or  dead.  While  in  captivity  I  had  plenty  of  time  to  think.  First  of  all,  please  don't  blame  yourself.  I  chose  this  dangerous  mission  and  I'd  do  it  again.  I  don't  regret  going  after  the  dangerous  Fidel  Ali  Hussein,  what  I  do  regret  is  the  way  things  were  left  between  us.  I  was  jealous  of  you  not  only  about  Hayden,  but  when  you  replaced  me  in  the  tournament  and  captured  a  fan  base  of  your  own.  I  had  no  right  to  be  jealous  of  you,  you're  damn  good  and  I'm  extremely  proud  of  you,  little  brother.  I  want  you  to  go  all  the  way  in  our  sport  and  become  the  number  one  mixed  martial  arts  fighter  ever.

As  far  as  Hayden  goes,  I  still  love  her.  Regardless  of  what  happens  to  me  next,  a  part  of  me  will  always  love  her.  But  Andy,  I  love  you  more.  Not  that  you  need  it,  you  both  have  my  blessings.  Look  after  Mom  and  Dad  for  me.  And  I  need  you  to  go  to  the  police  and  tell  them  Chad  Mason  has  been  hacking  military  data  to  the  enemy.

I'm  sorry  for  reacting  as  I  did.

Always  your  loving  brother,

Greg

 

    Andy  was  tearing  up  from  what  he  read.  They  all  boarded  the  plane  home.  The  brothers  finished  catching  up.  Teddy  looked  at  them,  happy  to  see  they  were  closer  than  ever.  Soon,  Andy  and  the  others  were  asleep,  Greg  and  Katie  got  to  know  one  another  better.

  "I  owe  you,"  he  said,  "I  lost  my  mind,  lost  my  way  and  you  helped  me  get  it  back." 

   They  hugged.  "It  was  my  pleasure,"  she  said,  "but  you  were  there  for  me  as  well."  Hours  later,  they  landed.  Andy  had  Hayden  meet  him  at  his  parents'  house.  Teddy,  Henry,  Ricky,  and  Katie  were  in  the  living  room.  Hayden  was  thrilled  to  see  Katie  safe  and  sound. 

   "Andy,  what  about  their  surprise?"  she  reminded.  Hayden  and  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Sawyer  were  confused.  "We  have  a  special  guest,"  Andy  announced.  "Come  on  in."  Greg  walked  in.  His  parents  and  Hayden  looked  like  they  saw  a  ghost.  They  had  a  tearful  reunion. 

   They  let  Greg  and  the  parents  have  time  together. 

Chad  got  word  that  no  attorney  wanted  to  take  his  case.  But,  on  the  other  hand,  a  public  defender  was  forced  to  do  it.  Every  time  Chad  asked  for  his  antidote,  someone  laughed.

  "Look  guys,  this  is  my  health  here,"  he  cried,  "I  lost  one  hundred  fifty-six  hours  already."  He  was  ignored.  Now  it's  time  for  Greg  and  Hayden  to  talk. 

   "My  letter  to  you…"  Greg  began.

   "I  read  it,  thank  you,"  she  finished.

   "I  just  want  you  to  be  happy  now,"  Greg  added.

   As  his  parents  read  their  letters,  Greg  and  Hayden  had  a  nice  long  conversation.  Peace  was  between  them.  It  was  then  time  to  leave  the  home  of  Barry  and  Maureen  Sawyer.  Greg  knew  about  the  wedding  now,  and  congratulated  Andy  and  Hayden.  Before  they  left,  there  were  two  things  to  clear  up. 

    "Greg,  will  you  do  me  the  honor  of  being  my  best  man?"  asked  Andy.  "It'll  be  a  privilege,"  Greg  responded.  Now  onto  the  next  question. 

    "I  guess  you'll  be  needing  your  apartment  back,"  said  Henry.  Greg  shook  his  head.  "No,  you  keep  it,"  said  Greg.  Everyone  was  surprised.  "I'll  be  moving  in  with  Katie  now,  we  need  to  look  out  for  one  another."  They  held  hands  and  walked  to  the  car.  Greg  and  Katie  shared  a  kiss.  "Wow,  I  didn't  see  that  one  coming,"  Henry  said. 

    As  for  Chad,  he  doesn't  know  it,  yet,  but  he  never  got  injected  with  a  deadly  virus.  Just  the  flu.  As  for  Fidel  Ali  Hussein,  he  got  stabbed  in  the  back  while  in  prison.  It  was  by  one  of  his  lowly  minions.  Greg  and  Katie  turned  out  to  be  soulmates.  Greg  plans  to  compete  in  the  Olympics.  Andy  and  Hayden  were  married.  The  service  was  conducted  by  the  priest  who  baptized  Andy  as  a  baby.  Katie  was  Hayden's  maid  of  honor.  Eventually,  Greg  proposed  to  Katie. 



Andy  and  Hayden  were  the  best  man  and  maid  of  honor  respectively.  Chad  was  found  guilty  of  treason.  He's  still  begging  for  his  antidote.  Greg  prepares  for  the  Olympics  with  hard  training.  He  considered  himself  lucky.  Not  too  many  people  get  second  chances.  Not  too  many  people  are  lucky  enough  to  be  raised  by  a  loving  family  or  marry  a  loving  woman.  Plus  he's  at  the  top  of  his  profession.  Greg  Sawyer  is  at  peace. 


    The  End

© 2015 Maniac Mike


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on May 27, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015
Tags: TNA, Impact, Wrestling, MMA, Mixed_Martial_Arts, karate, WCW