The Book of Revelation

The Book of Revelation

A Story by Just Manoosh
"

Written August 2007, pre deletion day. The bath of all wake up calls you.

"

The Book of Revelation

 

"She sits staring at the red jazz man, what a great idea that was"

God she loves her baths and the ritual she follows. Book ... check, alcohol ...check, smokes ... check. This time before she opens her book she stops and consumes her surroundings, she is pleased with what she sees. White wall tiles and fittings, large black floor tiles, scarlet towels and fittings and directly opposite her a large scarlet picture of a jazz man playing the saxaphone. She revels in her thoughts, I designed this bathroom ... I designed this bathroom and the second one across the hall that matches in every aspect except the towels, fittings and large jazz picture is in dark royal blue. She thinks to herself how lucky she is.

Lucky, god yes so very lucky. Her mind starts to wander, her book more than forgotten. A mental picture builds in her mind on how lucky she is.

She starts with her life.

Firstly, she has a wonderful and kind man who loves her and wants to marry her. A man, despite her own imperfections and foibles loves her no less than the moon loves the stars. A man that if he could he would walk on water just to receive one of her smiles. So so lucky.

Her family and friends are immense and in abundance. Parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews ..... the line up is huge, almost neverending. Her friends are close in heart but not always close of miles, but this does not matter, she sees them, talks to them, helps them and cries with them.

Sitting in the bath she takes a long hard look at herself. For once she is not critical, not bad she thinks, are those my legs? At 5ft 8" and 130lbs she has a fabulous figure, she doesnt even mind the coffee colour her skin has turned from a smattering of sun. Not bad indeed. All this packaging, a growing intellect and a tough cookie to boot .... luckily she is not vain (lucky again), she dislikes vanity and arrogance.

It's so quiet in her house tonight, oh but what a wonderful home she has. To her left old London town, to her right gay Paris, wow, she is overwhelmed. Her beautifully designed rooms, exquisite furniture and decor, everything chosen by her. Original and unique artwork, wooden floors, leather beds and gorgeous chocolate leather sofas (oh how she loves those sofas, and so she should as they cost more than 2 cars added together). The only clutter concieved is her beloved book case, made even more eclectic by the fact she never throws away or gives away any books. She starts to laugh as she thinks of her kitchen, there is more than cooking that has gone on in there .... oh but how she loves cooking, so many of her friends have a cow when spying in her fridge, SO she loves fresh food! nothing prepacked, what is wrong with that. that reminds her "buy in (yuk) pizzas" for the house sitter.

Her days? well they are lucky too. She adores her job, she always has, glamour, diversity, fun and hard work all mixed up together. She tinkles to herself "I get paid to do this", yes she gets tired sometimes but that is through hard work and challenges, not despair. Lucky lucky girl. She certainly does not have to worry about the horrible word money.

Her past? wow, what has she not seen and done? how many countries has she seen, visited, lived in? invaluable memories. She has seen the sunset on an island with only 3 other inhabitants, oh how wonderful to feel the air at 13,000 feet .... it feels like flying, she flies without an aeroplane.

She thinks about the future, she has a map and a compass, where will she go? the future is limitless, for as long has she can remember she never places a box around her life, why should she? Limitations stop dreams.

Smiling to herself, she feels an inner warmth, and no it is not the bath water, it is because she thinks of Samantha .... or will she be Frances, Page, Katherine. It matters not. She knows only that they will share their future together, Shakespeare, Poppy's, freedom, thoughts, challenges. Her daughter will know that she has the power to change the world.

Now she is really smiling. Her inner strength, her openess, her kindness, her soul, they are the real things that drive her and NO-ONE could/can ever take that away.

Yes she is lucky, yes she is lucky because she knows down deep inside even if none of the above existed and she lived marooned on a desert island, that she would be happy. She knows exactly who she is, wherever she goes, wherever she has been, that can not be taken from her.

Lucky by heck, luck really has nothing to do with it, for she truely believes what you give out comes back 3 fold, and if not? well ..... atleast she has tried to make a difference in this world.

Tonight she will sleep a warm sleep, just like the Ready Brek glow, and thinks to herself I hope Jilly will like her present.

© 2008 Just Manoosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
THis is sooooooooo uplifting.....everyone should read it....especially WOMEN!!!.......the power lies within, in knowing the true you.......which gives u that strength!!!......

and ooooooo....i so often hear the word luck...i too use it when i try and ditch a compliment....so u kinda slapped me in the face :-P

call me dense....but the last line i didnt get.......and its important coz its the last line......pls explain :-(

x
O!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful story. I like to think that I am one of those women, as I am always happy no matter what life throws me...I learned it the hard way and need not parade my deeds around like a saint :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhh there's nothing quite like a hot soak to send a woman's mind to better places and higher aspirations. This is so uplifting and positive. Younger women may not understand the depth of this, and as an older woman, I am a little saddened by days I know are shorter now, and children that are already grown....and yet it inspires me to keep trying no matter what the age.....I really enjoyed this so much!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a wonderful uplifting tale...a good soak can certainly take the mind such great places that's for sure! truly lucky is the woman or man actually, that knows who they are, and has gained the insight to be happy with what they have...not waiting around miserable for what they want to arrive. great write!

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can think of a dozen women who need to read these words. The truly lucky of woman knows who she is. Deep down inside. This is wonderful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nothing like a good bath, to uplift the feelings of inner strenghth, although you do not need it this piece does inspire, as you do everyday.. well done my friend well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
THis is sooooooooo uplifting.....everyone should read it....especially WOMEN!!!.......the power lies within, in knowing the true you.......which gives u that strength!!!......

and ooooooo....i so often hear the word luck...i too use it when i try and ditch a compliment....so u kinda slapped me in the face :-P

call me dense....but the last line i didnt get.......and its important coz its the last line......pls explain :-(

x
O!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is the best thing you have written (that I've read) in my opinion Manoosh. You are a wonderful human being and the people that see you, know you and spend time with you on a daily basis are indeed lucky human beings.
Thank you for sharing such an open and thoughtful moment in your day darlin'.xo

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was such a lovely story, hightened imagination and a long look at what could be
but so satisfied with what is...............delightful, full of warmth!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

625 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain