Sister of a hero

Sister of a hero

A Story by Mantha
"

This is just something I wrote about my brother who is currently serving in the army

"

People think being related to a hero is a glamorous life, well it has its down sides. I don’t tell many people this because I hate to brag but I was raised with one amazing man. In fact many would be surprised by this but my brother is the Masked Avenger, no he doesn’t have a comic book series or any movies like superman. For his powers are hard to comprehend by most ordinary men. But I’ll try to explain giving you as much information I can.

 

Massachusetts is where his story began, born into an ordinary family was one little man. By the age of three he had already assumed his first responsibility, delivered to him in the form of a baby to which he was assigned Big Brother Duty. He accepted his roll not knowing the challenge as hand. For that little girl had her own little plan which was to annoy and harass him in any way she can. Little did she know she picked one unbreakable man. Who no matter what she did loved and cared for the little pest, whom they named Sam. 
    

While Sam pushed him as hard as she could it didn’t take her much time to realize she was no match for the Masked Avenger. She grew up looking up to him amazed at his unnatural abilities.

 

As his little sister I (Sam) was given the opportunity to witness the Masked Avenger first hand. I knew there was more then the eyes could see for he was in possession of some super human abilities. I watched him hit homeruns, score touchdowns and even turn frowns upside-down. I've felt his hugs change bad days and his smile take sadness way. His ability to always put others first is something that amazes me.


Eventually after 18 years others started to see what I could see, and he started to realize what he could be. He started accepting more responsibilities and duties. Then one day he received a call that he’d been waiting for, one that changed his life, mine and many others. He was told of troubles in a far away place and of dangers he could potentially face, and of course he said yes and he left.

 

 Now this may surprise you but my brother is not alone he lives in a base far away from home, with a team of others who besides their families are almost unknown. Each of these men and women obtain the most powerful super powers ever known referred to as hearts of gold and brave souls. Fueled by the pride of the uniform and the love of what’s been left behind…home. Now these powers may not be as cool as others more commonly known, but they allow these men/women to face the unknown well aware they might be risking their chance to return home. Of course I wish my brother was armed with super speed or an unbreakable shield but I know he and the others have what it takes to look death in the face and blow it away and that is what we call Army Strength.

 

I forgot to mention the name of his incredible team they call themselves the Rakisans, but they are not the only team in the league. No they are part of something way bigger called the United States Army, and yet it gets even bigger then that as a part of what's known as the United States Military. The masked Avenger is just one of the millions before and the millions to come. Each has a story, each has left behind someone they loved and each of them has gladly put their lives on the line for the red, white and blue, the stars and the stripes. Each has given their life for me, yet they don’t even know of me, for that I thank each one kindly. Their names I might not know but their sacrifices will not be forgotten.

 

 My brother loves to play video games, and is great at baseball. He's flatfooted, he had brown hair and eyes. Many wouldn’t have noticed but those feet have walked behind enemy lines side by side with someone’s son, husband, daughter and wife. And with those brown eyes he has witnessed most horrifying sights which only brother and sister soldiers can recognize. He smiles the same as you and I, he breaths and walks, he is a hero that cannot fly.


 American soldiers are a breed of their own, stronger than the hulk just less known. They have become masters of disguise their clothes becoming camo when they come back home. In fact you could be sitting next to a Masked Avenger right now and would’ve never known. I grew up with one, we shared a home and I would’ve never know the lives he could touch, other then my own. I’m not the only sister of a hero at least not of the ones that come in camo. Each soldier is a hero of mine and I’d like to wish them all a safe return home.

© 2013 Mantha


Author's Note

Mantha
tell me what you think :) (the picture connected is of him as a kid dressing up as "the Masked Avenger" and of him currently

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The rhyme and rhythm died after the second paragraph. There are some grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, but these could be fixed with a thorough rewrite.

As for the content, it is a topic that was written so many times. However, like apples, we still buy it since we like apples. Others would be allergic, but most would feel nostalgia in this timeless patriotism.

Grammar and structure: 2/5
Content and delivery: 3/5
Overall impact: 3/5
Final score: 2.67/5

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hi Mantha, I guess family sticks together no matter what type of mission your brother is sent to whether is right or not. Nice letter, I guess it will be wrong for anybody to try to interfere in your personal admirations.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, that's really sweet. You brother is really brave and i appreciate what he does for our country. I think it's pretty cool to have a sibling who cares for you as much as you care for your brother. I hope he's safe and doing well. Nice write and well done.

~A

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: army, armyfamily, armysister

Author

Mantha
Mantha

Brockton, MA



About
I'm Sam, I love to write about anything/everything I find an interest in. more..

Writing