A Prayer

A Prayer

A Poem by Amanda Naomi
"

overwhelmed by the loss of the children

"

God

Why does it feel like this?

This hell. This unending night

You promised hope. You promised bliss.

 

God when you sent me to earth

You never said

You never mentioned the pain

The loss. The hurt. The dead.

 

God if you promised joy

Then why do I cry in the night?

When the doors are closed

They block out the light.

 

God take me home.

© 2012 Amanda Naomi


Author's Note

Amanda Naomi
As I wrote this poem to express my sorrow at recent events, my playlist popped on an interesting song which stopped me in my tracks as i was writing. To me it felt like God was speaking through my music, as i have had him do before when i was in extreme distress. He said "I've heard your anguish. I've heard your heart cry out." And in time with the lyrics I responded with my favorite line in the song, "I am tired, I am weary." And the Lord responded firmly, "But you aren't worn out. Set down your chains. Until only faith remains." He commanded. "Set down your chains. And lend your strength only to sounds of freedom. No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from. Fill lives with LOVE and bravery." I know that the song played to heal me. I asked God to take me, and instead he set me free from an evil beast that had me in its clutches. You may not believe that it was real, but I tell you now i do not believe in the words i have written above.

Instead of drowning in the misery of sadness, I will lend my strength to spreading love and wisdom, but i will not forget the path that i have come from, which is why I am posting this poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


"God take me home."
This is the reflection of frustration caused by loss of children.
This is a real feeling that came out from being overwhelmed due to shock.
The pure,sacred and painful feeling makes me emotional.
Let me say with Amanda Naomi, "God take me home."
I can't tolerate the tragic events any more.
Amanda,I adore you for the wonderful piece.
I congratulate for your pleadings for the situation you encountered.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem is very powerful. It concise in the manner of words, but vast in what it says and means. There's a nice flow through this poem. Especially the first stanza "God
Why does it feel like this?
This hell. This unending night
You promised hope. You promised bliss." The ending sends a strong message "God take me home." Nice work Naomi :)

Chaos_Collector

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ace
Nice flash with the god's bliss. It's real.
God when you sent me to earth
You never said
You never mentioned the pain
The loss. The hurt. The dead.
i like these phrases.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can identify! There have been times when I have been so discouraged, hurt and felt such powerlessness to ever be in a position to make any positive change in this world so full of hate, that I just wanted to go home.
You will receive the messages that you are ready to hear!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I won't touch on the religious element of the piece, as I believe it would be anything, but constructive. As far as conversational tones go, your's is absolutely flawless. Your voice flows out of the text directly into my mind as I read it. It is a very moving and grasping poem, keep up the great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I envy you your faith...I speak as an athiest...but this was a quite compelling poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your trying to break free but you must see free to reach where you want keep going lose things find things because its the journey the knowledge that's it live it love polish it beauty :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


So powerful and sorrowful. This is very gorgeous; I love that that last line is alone. Nothing to criticize--well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

777 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012
Tags: sad, loss, pain, giving up, god, prayer, hell, promise, broken promise, hope, despair, hurt, dead, joy, cry, home, death, forget

Author

Amanda Naomi
Amanda Naomi

WA



About
I am from the wildest imagination From a selfless child with nothing to hide Im from a broken family filled with love And too, from a family broken with lack of love I am from the tip of a pen F.. more..

Writing
The War The War

A Poem by Amanda Naomi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Only a House Only a House

A Poem by Sophie


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse