Laramie: Prologue

Laramie: Prologue

A Chapter by Amanda Naomi

The city was falling to the resistance. And all she did was stand at her window watching. Her terrible power locked away inside her heart. The boy came into the room unnoticed and when he spoke, she finally knew how near to death she truly was.

           “Hello Laramie.” He said.

       She laughed at him. “Come to avenge your parents, or is this meeting on a more personal note?” She remained staring through her window, not daring to look at him in the eye, fearing it would come too soon and all hope would be lost.

       “Tell me it’s not true.” His voice shook with fury, terror, relief, and almost hope. She turned around to look at him, his gaze dropping to the floor, and hers to his hand. He held a small silver dagger that reflected the flickering lights of the torches. “Tell me that it didn’t happen, that it was all a lie but now everything is alright. Tell me that that it’s just a dream and that I will wake up in the morning with your arms around me telling me that it’s all ok. Tell me that you still love me, just as I love you!”

        Sighing with contempt, she turns back to the window. “Insurgi, when will you learn that love creates nothing but pain? I mean, just look at your parents. You would do well to-” She turned back to him mid sentence to find something cold and smooth slide into her abdomen. The dagger stuck inside, she grabbed his arm and pulled him closer, the blade sinking further beneath the surface.

           She gasped for air as the warmth left her body. He was going to watch her die. He wanted her to suffer as he had suffered for his entire life. With what little strength she had left, she pulled his ear to her mouth and whispered into it. Shocked he pulled his head back and for the first time in a year, looked into her eyes. At that moment there was a great flash and finally he understood.



© 2011 Amanda Naomi


Author's Note

Amanda Naomi
please, any thoughts you have!!!!! just so you know, vene is kinda like magic, so if that word pops up.....it means magic, i just don't want to use that word....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This looks good. I always love stories where there's a part where both the protagonist and antagonist have something to teach one another, where neither one is totally right nor totally wrong--or where they're both just as much right as they are wrong. It's profound, to say the least. I'm looking into this . . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda Naomi

11 Years Ago

thank you so much for your interest, i should be posting more on this story soon! :)
Absolutely great beginning! I definitely want to find out more about their past!

Posted 12 Years Ago


By -- I'm guessing here -- having the appearance of an ending, this is a wonderful beginning. It makes me want to read more... which is, of course, what all good beginnings must do if they are to succeed.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 21, 2011


Author

Amanda Naomi
Amanda Naomi

WA



About
I am from the wildest imagination From a selfless child with nothing to hide Im from a broken family filled with love And too, from a family broken with lack of love I am from the tip of a pen F.. more..

Writing
The War The War

A Poem by Amanda Naomi