Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Amanda Naomi
"

This is what happens when you read from the Book to Other World

"

The dragon king demanded the book. “Give it to me!” He growled with fierceness and hunger on his tongue. His eyes burned through Aryia. She held the book closer to her person, her parents had died to make sure the book stayed safe with her; perhaps it was even this dragon king who had killed them. Either way she wouldn’t let him have it.

“No.” she shouted as she used venne to pelt him with a wall of wind. She turned and ran away from him into the forest. It would be harder for him to follow her through the thick branches and vines. But she could hear him roar and a shadow passed over-head. She could see his dark shape through the canopy of leaves above her.

The heavy book in her arms began to vibrate and hum again. Her running turned into a slow walk as she opened the book to examine it. It had been acting strangely all day. Books were not supposed to vibrate or hum.

Ayria was astonished when she opened the pages. The illegible writing in the book was glowing, and beyond that, the words were whispering to her. Surprisingly, she noticed she could at last understand the words on the page before her. She began to read hungrily, wanting to unlock the secrets of her mysterious book.

Once she had begun reading a bright light appeared before her. Stopping to look at it, the light began to fade, but she saw a door inside the light and instinctively reached for it, but grasped only air as the light died. She looked back at the words on the pages before he and began to read again; noticing the same kind of light from the door was glowing in the words.

She muttered out loud the gibberish and the door of light appeared again. She continued reading as she reached out her hand for the door once more. But this time, instead of slipping through the air, her fingers mad contact. She fumbled and grasped the handle on the door. It was warm and she could feel the energy pulsing behind it.

Behind her the dragon king roared and began breaking through the forest’s ceiling to get to her and the book. She turned the door’s handle and pushed. It opened quite easily but she could also feel the heaviness and weight about the door. Quickly she slipped through and the door of light closed and vanished.

She looked about her and found she was no longer in a forest but a great open plain. It was twilight here; the sun was setting far to the east, behind a foreign blue mountain range. She knew instantly she was no longer in Dignusterra or its neighboring countries. She had entered into Other World.



© 2012 Amanda Naomi


Author's Note

Amanda Naomi
tell me what you think!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simply awesome! Love this type of stuff, and can't wait to see more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful write great job thanks for sharing this with me

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very intruiging, it molts in the mind, instantly grabs the attention, well done, good read! x

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2012
Last Updated on March 12, 2012


Author

Amanda Naomi
Amanda Naomi

WA



About
I am from the wildest imagination From a selfless child with nothing to hide Im from a broken family filled with love And too, from a family broken with lack of love I am from the tip of a pen F.. more..

Writing
The War The War

A Poem by Amanda Naomi