Copyright Breach Alert!

Copyright Breach Alert!

A Poem by Miss Marlette
"

No shame, all game

"
Mon chéri
Emily is rolling in her grave
Here's a shriveled bag
Posting her masterpieces
on her unknown page
Hoping for bouquets
For the stardust to rub off
On her droopy t*ts, while
Emily, is rolling in her grave
Shame too on the clowns
yanking the ol klepto off
On Emily's poem
Stroking a shameless poem thief
In despicable foreplay
Mon chéri....
Weep, for the greats
Like Emily, rolling in their graves
From theft, copyright breach
And downright literal
F*****g moral decay

Yours truly,
Marlette

© 2022 Miss Marlette


Author's Note

Miss Marlette
Producing a famous work on your personal page is an undisputed copyright breach! To think, a so called professor of English literature (among other 'poets') defended it - is amazing. So true to your art. wow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

'a reflection of the times' ... is this some unknown poet's write? HA!
fukit it stays!
you pretty much summed it up ms marlette (interesting name, new to me)
it is a standard practice here and everywhere for 'one to use two's words that came from three's collection of wits and wisdoms' ... (my line, go ahead USE IT!!)
but that doesn't make it right or acceptable
same goes for the know-it-all 'i'm published' peoples
but that doesn't make it right or acceptable
rules are made by them that need em!


Posted 1 Year Ago


Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest,

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

You think you're superior, Butthead?
Lathen Griffiths

2 Years Ago

No worries Beavis ;)
Hello Tk. Wat is this hullabaloo on?You got sum real big tug o war going haha. I think creativity never needs copying. Wat I pick and post from internet tells about me. Not sure is a creative thing for them to do.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

The main reason why I suspect the poster did this is to appear far better than she is. Went thru som.. read more
I don't like using published authors stuff anytime but to each their own lol.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

It brings on a puke. Thanks
Please note the following link.
"Hope" is an Emily Dickinson poem that is in the Public Domain which means it is not subject
to copyright laws. Therefore the person who shared it with all of us did absolutely nothing wrong or illegal.

j.https://www.unlv.edu/sites/default/files/page_files/1635/Apr.8-hope-is-the-thing-with-feathers.pdf

Posted 2 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

Doesn't absolve them. Posting it on a personal page where a (c) or copyright figures at the bottom .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
;)
Such an interesting can of worms you have opened here, Miss Marlette.

If anyone cared to turn their attention to the basic facts of US Copyright Law they would understand, simply from the section regarding infringement, 17 USC 106 that, "Copyright infringement occurs when someone violates exclusive rights, that exist for 95 years after publication, by CREATING or distributing a copy of a protected work that is substantially similar to the original version". Given that the digital realm, of which this website belongs, now falls under copyright law, reproducing a protected work, without permission of the original author or those tasked with handling a deceased authors work, even in the event of 'off the cuff' acknowledgement, will be considered a breach of copyright. Especially so when such a protected work is reproduced on a personal page which, in itself, as indicated in the lower left portion of a page with the symbol of copyright, and as outlined in the rules of writerscafe itself, that becomes an appropriation of a protected work and published without consent in another's copyrighted name.

So the breach becomes two fold. Once we click 'send' and post any written work, it falls under the realm of copyright and to simply reproduce a protected work on OUR OWN copyright protected page....well...it's a pretty serious offence. Heaven forbid if the owner's of Emily Dickinson's catalogue should see the breach you have written of. There would be hell to pay. It might be wise to delete the damn thing unless you fancy sharing a cell in a federal penitentiary and have a fondness for wearing orange. Or perhaps you have a lazy $500,000 to pay the fine applicable for such a breach. It might be wise to be the 'true author' of any copyrighted posts from now on, methinks. I am pretty sure that 'ignorance' is not an acceptable defence against such a charge!

Anyway, as hardhitting as your piece is, the simple fact is that you are correct in your thoughts and reasoning. Why anyone needs to reproduce the works of another on their own page is beyond me, anyway. If all are content to call themselves 'poets' and 'writers', it makes sense to write poetry all of one's own. Perhaps admire Dickinson from afar and don't reproduce her work and don't try to be her, either. The rest of the arguments written are just without reason. It's not bullying if the 'bully' is in the right. Delete the damn reproduction!

Posted 2 Years Ago


12 of 13 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

Posting it on personal pages is still misuse.
;)

2 Years Ago

Then if the poem is in the public domain it is allowed to be used, but it can never be OWNED. Pastin.. read more
Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

Stubborn and sad lot yeah
Hmm may not be direct copyright breach but stinks to me of greed from lack of originalty here as told here.After all we don't just all copy paste great work on our pages casually without skipping a beat do we now. So yeah! this is certainly putting herself before herself. You go Marlette it's OK to be a sharp voice

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

Just something irritating. Thanks
Before I commented on this I reviewed Ms Palmer’s post and saw nothing wrong with her sharing a poem that brought her joy and merely wanted to share that joy and she gave all due credit in several places to Emily Dickinson.

Ms.Palmer is a lovely woman that shares her lovely poetry with all of us and to see a write like this basically attacking her character is so unjustified and quite frankly ugly!

This is not poetry, this a character assassination and others that jump on this little bandwagon should be ashamed of themselves for not doing their homework before jumping on. I have to assume that this came from your pen and your hand alone thereby from your mind which is a sorry extension of your heart and soul.

I believe you owe Ms. Palmer an apology and take this writing down!

Shame on you!

Posted 2 Years Ago


4 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

So another one crawls out of their hole. Its interesting to see all this defense of a sad copy paste.. read more
Patricia

2 Years Ago

blah blah blah
Miss Marlette

2 Years Ago

90 going on 12 :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

650 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2022
Last Updated on March 24, 2022

Author

Miss Marlette
Miss Marlette

About
Like for like is my motto. I'm here for fun. Those who have issues with my stuff just don't read it. Lol. Now who's line did I steal? 😅 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..