Psycho

Psycho

A Poem by Mariah
"

My life and how I feel, living with intrusive OCD and thoughts.

"

if for a moment, they could get inside my mind - would they fear what they heard?
they say "she's so beautiful" but i feel like a monster inside of this brain; i fear for my life, because i'm not going.. i am insane. if only my appearance reflected the realm of my thoughts that are so unwanted and so uncontrolled, i wouldn't be approached; therefor asked what i'm thinking inside - because all i'm thinking of is wanting to die. but i look so alive, i just want be well; i'm here now, so i'm stuck with this horror story to tell. constantly holding back from screaming, clenching my fists - this mind has got a mind of it's own & i'm losing my grip; i don't know how anyone else lives with this s**t -i feel selfish for continuing to exist.. but maybe i'm deserving, deserving of this - i've got to be crazy and insane to think this way; i don't think i deserve love or any sort friend, i can't take the suspense; this horror story has to end. i mean well, but this disease can't stand to see the good inside me win. no psycho deserves to live.

© 2010 Mariah


Author's Note

Mariah
I don't focus on using any sort of correct grammar or structure when I write my poetry, I just write what feels right.

Again, this is about my life with intrusive OCD and thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh Mariah! Your words are so vivid... glimpses inside... like rivers of thought... What powerful imagery... painful... just wishing the voices would end... release you... leave only the shine of the sun... Thank you for sharing something so personal... so honest...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The lack of correct grammar and structure appeared a bit chaotic, adding to the point you were trying to make. It helped to enforce the fact that you have all these thoughts inside your head pounding away, and how it makes you go crazy from thinking. In addition the progression from other people to your personal thoughts was lovely. The collection of vivid sentences illustrated a powerful image, you have a lovely way with words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


WOW this is amazing Mariah i loved it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. That was so deep and explanitory. I think everyone may feel like this at some point or another because I do now. I love the detail and the personality of it. I love how its personal and what you feel and that it isn't like everyone else's structure of poetry. I like the feeling and the words that you chose. Hell, I like everything about it. I hope you get out of this and be happy. Excellent though, thanks for sharing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Mariah! Your words are so vivid... glimpses inside... like rivers of thought... What powerful imagery... painful... just wishing the voices would end... release you... leave only the shine of the sun... Thank you for sharing something so personal... so honest...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 4, 2010
Last Updated on February 4, 2010
Tags: ocd, intrusive ocd, poetry, poem, mariah voas

Author

Mariah
Mariah

Oxford, MA



About
I'm 18 years old. I had a previous account made about 3 years ago that I can't seem to find the password for, so you might recognize me! Singing, modeling, & writing are my three main passions and wha.. more..