Chapter 1 - Need to Run

Chapter 1 - Need to Run

A Chapter by Marina Kayne
"

Taylor discovers her telekinetic powers while she is nearly killed by the government. - "Don't try to escape, stay or go you're dead." Said a man in front of me pointing a gun at my head.

"

Something cold and glove grabbed my wrist as I was walking down the street. I turned around to see who it was but before I could the person twisted my arm around my back and pushed it up my back. I let out a small cry of pain as he did. I tried to pull away but the who ever was holding me just pushed my arm further up my back.

"Don't try to escape, stay or go you're dead." Said a man in front of me pointing a gun at my head.

He was completely dressed in white. He had white gloved hands and a belt around the white suit with pockets to hold his guns and bullets. He had dark hair and eyes that stared directly at me.

"You're next little girl." He smiled at me evilly. Crap I thought.

Tripping forward, reluctantly I dragged one foot in front of the other, the dark haired man keeping his gun pointed at me. They pushed me through streets. People stopped and looked at what was going on. Some just look away as if it were too painful to see, others followed us out of curiosity.

I wanted to run but where to? I probably wouldn't be able to get out of this grip and even if I could they would shot me before I would get anywhere. That left me with two options, one option was to run and see what happens. The second option was to do nothing and let this be my death.

I caught the eye of one of the people staring at what was happening. He gave, me a pitiful look before looking away. I was pushed around a corner and along the street until I saw the green from the park. This wasn't a normal park where children went to play; it's the park where they took almost everyone to be killed.

Almost no one here died out of old age anymore. The ones who do are the people too scared to leave their house or the ones who join the governments. Some people were killed for committing crimes. Many are killed because they look like potential threats to the government, or just to create fear in the city's or to prove they still had power over everyone.

The park was a dull green. There was a swing set and a slide and climbing area for kids to play but no children were ever there. No child even dare go close to here out of fear that their blood would be the next to be spilt. The only thing this park was used for was the killing or torturing people.

The pavement walkway was stained red with blood. You could tell they tried to wash it away but there was still pale reddish-brownish outlines of where it had been. Soon they would be scrubbing my blood of the pavement.

The two men pushed me toward the dull green slightly reddish brownish stained grass. People started gathering around us to catch a glimpse of what was going on. They forced me to my knees and I looked down causing my golden blonde hair to fall into my face.

I wanted to find a way out of this. I didn't want to die, not at fifteen. But there was no way out. Two armed men against a girl with nothing and no experience in fighting, my odds weren't great. Fighting or running would get me killed but doing nothing would as well. Staying would probably be less painful unless they tortured me first. I stared at the ground not moving from my place waiting for the man to shoot me.

The man holding my arms let me go and stepped back pulling out his gun and pointed at me incase I ran. The dark haired man had his gun pointed at me as well. They were on either side of me.

"Gather round people." Shouted the man behind me. "We still own this place." Said the one in front of me, clicking the bullet in place.

I forced tears back and I looked up, my eyes red and glassy but I forced by self to glare at him. The dark haired mans face was blurry to me. "Is there anything you want to say." I stayed silent, glaring at him. I didn't say anything was out of fear that I would start crying. I didn't want to cry, I needed them to know that I wasn't afraid of of dying and especially of them. "Anything, no." The man said and put his finger on the trigger aiming it towards my head. I looked down again at the floor again. He clicked the bullet into place.

"Stop." I yelled standing up looking up my hand shooting out toward the dark haired man. As my hand flew forward the dark haired man flew backwards hit the tree behind him as if he were pushed back. A sharp pain came to my gut momentarily but it was nothing compared the the overwhelming shock I felt.

The man behind was obviously shocked because he didn't shoot me directly. He must have gotten over it quickly because I heard him click his bullet into place but before he could shoot I turned to look at him my other hand shooting out and he flew back and hit the tree behind him. The pain returned in my gut, it lasted longer then the last one but subsided eventually.

What the hell was going on? Was I really the one controlling this? I feel like I'm possessed by someone or something that was controlling my every move and forcing me to watch what it was doing with my body.

Both my arms were out stretched pointing, my hand straight. I turned to look at the dark haired man who pointed his gun at me and shot but missed hitting one of the crowd members behind me who let out a loud scream. My fingers started curling up slowly as if I were making a very slow fist. The dark haired man dropped his gun and started clawing at his neck as if someone was strangling him but there was nothing there.

The other man who was bald attempted to shot me but before he could my fingers started curl and he dropped the gun and grabbed for his neck. Both my hands were almost fists and I could hear then gasping for air trying to escape from the grip that was holding them. Every attempt to get air into their lungs sounded like a rasp against sandpaper. Then they went silent. I looked at them. They were hanging limp and motion less. They were both either unconscious or dead.

Pain erupted in my chest and collapsed to the ground taking deep breathes looking down at my hands. The men fell from the tree into a heap on the floor. My right hand was burning like some lit a match and was holding it underneath my palm.

Thousands of thoughts were racing through my head. None of them, which I could have answered. I looked up at the crowd of people staring at me in shock. There was one boy who particularly stood out to me. He didn't seem overly shocked about what just happened which was surprising. But the thing that caught my attention was his super light ice blue eyes which contrasted greatly with the dark chocolate brown of his hair.

I could feel a tear stream down my face. The pain in my chest was almost unbearable. It got worse by the second but I forced myself to standup and run before anyone came to kill me.

I half ran half stumbled my way through the streets. The pain in my chest made it harder along with the heavier breathing because I was running.

I turned several corners of buildings before someone grabbed my wrist. They caught me I thought before I spun around quickly and saw a boy. It was the same boy I had seen in the crowd of people earlier. The one with the same dark chocolate brown hair and strangely light ice blue eyes. He had a dark tan and dark eyebrows. Now that I saw his face close up I couldn't help but stare. I've never seen an angel but he was what I imagined one would look like. I didn't want to stop looking at him. He was one of the best things I've laid my eyes on in years. But I didn't have time to stare. I had to leave before they caught up with me and killed me.

"Let me go." I screamed at him and tried to pull my wrist free but his grip was tight. "Let me go." I screamed again. He would let go. I kept trying to pull my arm away but it didn't make a difference.

"Listen to me, I want to help you." I stopped trying to pull away and stared at him. "

How, how are you going to help me, I'm already dead. And why should I trust you anyway. Now let me go and I might have a chance of surviving a little longer." I said and yanked my wrist free and began to run down the street. My chest was burning and every thump of my heart felt an explosion in my chest.

I stumbled to a stop as a wooden bench slid in front of me and I nearly crashed into it. How the hell had it moved, it had just been beside me? I turned around quickly and wide eyed staring at the boy behind me. He had his arm out stretched and smirked plastered on his face.

His hand made a waving over motion and the bench behind me started moving forward. I ran toward him so the bench wouldn't run me over. The bench stopped moving behind me.

"How did you?" I started.

"I'm just like you, and there is a safe place for us. They won't find us there, I'm Hunter by the way." Hunter said.

I could feel my heart thumping in my chest. My chest felt like it was on fire. It felt likely heart was trying to escape from my chest, screaming to come free from its bony prison. I was in so much pain my vision began to blur and I couldn't think straight. Any thought that I should have been about this Hunter guy and how he could be just a way of getting into the governments hands without trouble or him being a murder floated out of brain and were replaced with blurred images.

"But before we leave I have to..." He started.

I couldn't really see what he was doing with my blurred vision. I saw a sharp looking object that could maybe be a knife. But before I could ask what he was doing he plunged the object into my arm. I could barely see the knife being twisted around in my skin but I could definently feel it in my arm. The pain was too much for me and then my mind went blank and my vision went dark.



© 2014 Marina Kayne


Author's Note

Marina Kayne
Open to tips on how to improve

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are a few grammatical mistakes:
-"The ones who do are the people **to scare** (this should be "too scared") to leave their house or the ones who join the governments." That's the one I really saw, and then there were odd sentences or unnecessary ones I think:
-"The pain in my chest made it harder along with the heavier breathing because I was running." (The reader already knows she's running. So maybe just say it made it harder to move or concentrate on escaping the men.)
-"He had one of those face that you thought only male models or extremely photo-shopped people could have." (I know she's 15 and maybe this is what a modern-day 15 year old would say about a cute guy, but your story seems like it's a dsytopia story. Would kids in your story in that environment think about male models or Photoshop? Would that be relevant?)
Overall, your first chapter has potential, but try to develop your world more so that it's structured. A lot of dystopia stories will not have structure or real rules. It's like the writer will say "these are the bad guys and good guys. The bad guys do bad things without reason", but that's not true.

Keep it up!
-Kay



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There are a few grammatical mistakes:
-"The ones who do are the people **to scare** (this should be "too scared") to leave their house or the ones who join the governments." That's the one I really saw, and then there were odd sentences or unnecessary ones I think:
-"The pain in my chest made it harder along with the heavier breathing because I was running." (The reader already knows she's running. So maybe just say it made it harder to move or concentrate on escaping the men.)
-"He had one of those face that you thought only male models or extremely photo-shopped people could have." (I know she's 15 and maybe this is what a modern-day 15 year old would say about a cute guy, but your story seems like it's a dsytopia story. Would kids in your story in that environment think about male models or Photoshop? Would that be relevant?)
Overall, your first chapter has potential, but try to develop your world more so that it's structured. A lot of dystopia stories will not have structure or real rules. It's like the writer will say "these are the bad guys and good guys. The bad guys do bad things without reason", but that's not true.

Keep it up!
-Kay



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2014
Last Updated on June 15, 2014
Tags: telekinesis, powers, different


Author

Marina Kayne
Marina Kayne

About
Hey people, I don't really know what to write but I have like writing since I was small. You are welcome to read and review. I am open to suggestions of improvements and all that. Thanks Marina more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Marina Kayne


Monster Monster

A Book by Marina Kayne


Shield Shield

A Poem by Marina Kayne