How to Find Credible Research Information via Google

How to Find Credible Research Information via Google

A Story by MarionSilvers
"

Here are a few steps that can help student research properly via Google to get credible result sources.

"

Writing your college dissertation requires a lot of hard work, most of all which is concerned with research. Students usually use to odes of research data gathering; browsing through library books or Googling for information.


A lot of information that Google turns up is not valid and consists of blogs, and articles written by novice students. Here are a few steps that can help student research properly via Google tyo get credible result sources.


Google Resources:

1.      The first step a student must take to gather information is to see what type of research material his university database offer online. A lot of universities offer the services of Gale Group which is an online depository offering full journal articles and academic texts and a number of other useful resources which are used to write academic papers.

2.      The next database of information is Google Books which is considered to be quite credible. Google books allow students to browse millions of scanned books stored in its depository. These books and articles can be reviewed by typing in the proper search query. Review the books that pop up in the search results and take down all the relevant information and quotation for your custom dissertation help.

3.      Documenting and referencing resources is of the utmost important. Whenever a student borrows from another resource, it is his duty to credit the author’s working his thesis. Failure to do so will result in plagiarism. Students can even take a look at the copyright information that is available for each book.

4.      Another good resource is Google Scholar. This similar to Google books allows you to find out articles, thesis, and dissertations by keywords. The search engine will display all the relevant material and many of this material can even be downloaded in Pdf Format. These sources will also be properly cited in the reference section of the thesis.

5.      Google News is also a great way to look for news in the relevant field. A student can access thousands of news snippets by simply typing one relevant phrase and can take out quotes from those.


Research Considerations:

A student should find out what kind of research paper he needs to write before he starts on his research. By simply Googling at the search engine a student will not be able to find credible information related to his topic. Also when citing information found on Google Books or Scholars, reference the book or academic text, not the URL of the website.

 

© 2014 MarionSilvers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014
Tags: writing, education, academics, research

Author