Art Heart

Art Heart

A Poem by Mark Mendoza

There is no art,
Without heart,
No heart,
Without art.

When spiraling into madness,
Name-and-all, forms into some storm of a vast ocean of sadness, crackling with explosive light that glistens.

Oh but when the heart listens,
The whirlpool of emotions motion anew; languid like a feather dancing in autumn wind.

A feather you, still in the waters-that are the sky-now knows the cooing of crashing waves against mind's shore. Sure, we are feeling the whole body of the cosmos.

The body rest in heaven, and hell is a place where angels laugh gaily; once paralyzing thee! However, now seeing everything: A beautiful comedy, a masterfully dramatic tragedy.

This play's stage rests in eternity, entreating us all to cry, to laugh, to laugh, to cry.

© 2019 Mark Mendoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mark,
I like this so much...but i actually see two different poems here.
I find the first four lines stand alone in perfect symmetry.
But i see the rest of the lines forming another poem...of madness is created from art or art from the madness...and how the artists themselves vacillate between crying and laughing...as muse comes and goes and bargains with our minds...as we try to maintain our integrity with art and not sell out.

j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Mark Mendoza

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the read j. I do appreciate it very much. The artist's mind certainly runs a muck when tr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2019
Last Updated on September 26, 2019

Author

Mark Mendoza
Mark Mendoza

Marietta, GA



About
My name is Mark A. Mendoza Welcome, with the warmest heart. This is a home for some of my poetry. This is a home for music I record https://markmoosemendoza.bandcamp.com/ more..

Writing