Life as an Indigo

Life as an Indigo

A Poem by Carcass
"

This is a poem written for a scholarship i never got. There is also a drawing from one of my sketchbooks that is closely related to this poem that will be uploaded along side it.

"

On the inside hallucinations are created, a sense of clarity while the others stay sedated.

Graphite hits paper, scribbles take form, even the beauty he’s known has to grow horns.

Sitting in books to avoid the temptations of crooks, dreams begin and end.

The pencil snaps, the paper burns, thoughts tell him of a fatal turn.

A beautiful world created from a mass of illusions is proven only through his own conclusions.

His perception of reality is so right it’s wrong, for slavery is not a sense of savory.

An existence with his place hidden judges him only when alone, bidding his life forbidden.

Society’s interpretation of his meaning ruins his hope of success, proving their lives protest.

Low self-esteem followed by anxiety’s attacks, his only friends cause his brain’s collapse.

I bid their debts repaid when personal perfection is found in one’s reflection.

© 2015 Carcass


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 1, 2015
Last Updated on December 1, 2015
Tags: NoFilter, Poetry, Indigoism, mind, psychology, perfection

Author

Carcass
Carcass

Fort Edward, NY



About
I evolve my life around all forms of art including music, writing, drawing, and gaming. I'm a college student majoring in Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Sciences and love writing, but lack the ti.. more..

Writing
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

A Poem by Carcass


Who Am I? Who Am I?

A Poem by Carcass