Walking

Walking

A Story by Honey
"

Public Speaking Speech

"
I can hear the raucous calling of sparrows in the trees, gently rustling the leaves and creating a soft, pulsating beat for me to keep time to as I hum idly to myself. The wind, already cold enough to signal the oncoming winter, blows at my back, propelling me a little farther forward with each step I take. I create my own rhythm, the general rapid swooshing of my feet on the pavement dotted with skips and hops, and occasionally full on sprinting. I make my way merrily along the green path, enjoying my solitude. I am alone for once, but I am not lonely. The wind still pushes me, the birds still call. My imagination swirls with thoughts and colors that run with me, always at my side like a companion who never tires, never worries, and never fails my expectations. I stop occasionally, to pick up a leaf or a rock to name it, or to look at the flowers in someone’s garden and admire their, as I perceive it, strange beauty. The wind picks up, sending small, yellowing leaves cascading from above me, like a colorful snowstorm. I hold out my hand hoping to catch one of the yellow flakes but the wind picks up again and carries it away from my outstretched hand. But it still doesn’t matter.  I continue to walk along in ignorant bliss, the trees looming over me, creating a barricade from all that is painful in the world. Nothing can injure me here. Nothing can disappoint me. I am self reliant, and there is nothing I must do when I am here, and no one I must please but myself.

© 2013 Honey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013

Author

Honey
Honey

About
Generic American. Friendly, but not sociable. more..

Writing
cold cold

A Story by Honey


Where I'm from Where I'm from

A Poem by Honey


The Humble Abode The Humble Abode

A Story by Honey