The Flying Hill

The Flying Hill

A Story by Honey
"

just a memory that i love please enjoy ^0^

"

I remember 3 years ago, when I was still 10. Of course, I was still young and carefree at the time. I only worried of small things, like paper-cuts, and forgetting my homework. It was fall,then. School just started, but already the pressures of 5th grade were settling in. These days, I had to worry about history class. History was never a strong point for me, and soon I started failing things all over the place. But that was okay with me, as long as I had that hill in front of the school building. It wasn't exactly the tallest hill ever, but it was the largest thing in the areas that even us all-mighty 10 year olds were allowed near. I can remember standing at the top of that hill, and closing my eyes as the autumn breeze lifted my hair away from my face. My friends and I used to sit on the hill and fly kites in the breeze. We would sit and blow bubbles into the wind, hoping they didn't pop in our faces. This is the place where I first fought with my friends. Soon, winter set in, and the grass on the hill died. Snow fell, and made the hill a perfect spot to sled. Soon snow turned to ice, and most dared not venture up the hill. But there was no one that could stop me from traveling up, except for maybe the occasional teacher strict enough to disturb this star pupil who was clearly doing work in her favorite spot. I sat up there on the hill each day, and faithfully wrote my book that would never be finished, and drew things that would never be hung in a museum. This is the hill where I dreamed dreams that would never be true. Soon, the ice melted, and the grass was green again. It often rained, but I was glad to see wild flowers blooming on the muddy hill. My friends and I, still foolish and young, attempted many times to dig a hole to China. Needless to say, we never accomplished that goal, but we still had the laughs and good times. Love was in the air, and often, after school when I was alone, I thought about that guy I liked a lot. Back then, I didn't think I was growing up to fast. I didn't know that not every love ends well. I discovered on that hill that even 10 year olds can have their hearts broken by the one they love. Soon, the weather warmed up again, and I realized on the last day of school that I would be traveling to a different part of the school for my middle school years. As I trekked up the hill one last time, I remembered the pains and the saddness I faced during the year. As I reached the top of the hill, the wind picked up, and blew the hair from my face. I closed my eyes, and then opened them to look at the clear blue sky. This is the hill where I discovered I could fly, even without wings.

© 2010 Honey


Author's Note

Honey
still working.
inspired by "A place to breathe"
by Jibey. (what a funny name! ^0^)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha this is very cute :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


its done now, so BEHOLD! the flying hill in all its glory ^-^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010
Tags: fly, flying, hill, memory, love

Author

Honey
Honey

About
Generic American. Friendly, but not sociable. more..

Writing
cold cold

A Story by Honey


Where I'm from Where I'm from

A Poem by Honey


The Humble Abode The Humble Abode

A Story by Honey