The bird and the cat

The bird and the cat

A Story by Marlene
"

A story about a mischievous bird

"

The cat and the bird


There once was a bird who was no other than any other bird. He spent his days flying around, stealing cherries from the farmer’s garden and chirping the most beautiful tones.  

He liked to think to himself: ,, I am the world’s most principal creature!“, and looked down to all the creatures that had to linger beneath the airs as he said that.


One day, he saw a cat, sitting on top of a fence and licking her paws.

 He looked at her with a mischievous grin and shouted:


,, You’ll never be able to be as free as me!” 

    

Only sparing him an annoyed look, the cat replied:

,, You’ll never be able to be as free as me on the ground. You’re a creature of the air.”


The bird started laughing.


,, I can move on earth and air. I’ll show you how superior I am to you!”


He set off flight and landed on the fence right next to the cat.


 While wanting to commence hopping up and down the fence, the cat had already grabbed it and bitten through its neck.

© 2022 Marlene


Author's Note

Marlene
Pls review !! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems likes some sort of biblical parable and I'm all for it. But man that was a dark ending haha. Though I like it and it certainly has a message to spread.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2022
Last Updated on March 11, 2022
Tags: fable, bird, cat, fantasticstory

Author

Marlene
Marlene

Germany



About
Hey! I'm 16 years old and hope I can share my feelings with the world on here. more..

Writing