The Green Card

The Green Card

A Story by marod

Green Card- n.   An official document issued by the U.S. government to aliens, allowing them to work legally in the United States.

 

"How did he die?"

 

"Well, he died of cancer." she looked sad while saying this.

 

"Did his death affect you more than your mother's death?"

          She looked down in return

"Sorry I was being too curious"
"He did something terrible to me..." she finally answered back.
The girl was far too curious already but wanted to know what horrible thing her grandfather did.
"Do you want to know what you Tata did to me?" she asked.
The girl obiously did want to but she didn't want to sound too inquisitive on the topic. So she triend to humbly say, "Well if desire to share with me then, yeah."
"When i was young , 15 years old or so. My father sold me" she said
"Oh my goodness!" the girl thought with eyes wide opened.
"There was a man who told my father that he could get him a green card. In agreement i was given to the man in order for father to get his green card. The man was 40 years or alder and i didn't know him. I also did not know what was going on. Dad told me to be good and put me in the man's car. Before i know it me and the man were in Jalisco(ha-li-sko), Mexico. he took me to a hotel and tried to rape me. Fortuneatley i didn't let myself and escaped. I took a bus to Cuervos instead of Algodones. I went to your father's town insted of mine without thinking. We weren't going out yet but all i wanted to do was talk to him. After hours of looking for him i didn't find him so i ended up cryingmyself to sleep in a park bench. The next day i rode a bus to Cuervos and when i got home your grandma asked me if i was a virgen. I answered her with a yes and things were back to the way they were before any of this happened. And when i saw your Tata i told him that if i ever saw that man again i would kill him if he didn't himself. He said nothing and soon left after that. He never appologized. And even when he got sick of cancer i was the one who took him to the hospital. Three months after realizing that he had cancer he died. All his life he wanted one even sold his daughter for it. And as punishment he died without a GREENCARD"

© 2008 marod


Author's Note

marod
it is so sadistic to see what people would do in order to work in another country....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

marod
marod

San Luis, AZ



About
salute jimapel marod! become interested~ more..

Writing
Letter Number One Letter Number One

A Chapter by marod