To dreamers like you

To dreamers like you

A Poem by Jay
"

Just some thoughts of mine

"
Disappointment a fact of a life that I can't seem to escape...... to want something so bad you can almost reach out and touch it....only to have it ripped away with your ideas and everything you've planned and worked for up until this point turn to hell right in front of you. They fall apart before your very eyes....like petals falling from a rose withered and alone,leaving behind only the feint aroma of the wonders it used to inspire in those lucky enough to catch a glimpse of its beauty. Sick of it....is what I am......Tired is the name I go by when forced to answer to those who take without regard and concern for those who's ideals were stomped on to reach this point. Frustrated is my being when faced with the ultimatum of having to put my own dreams on hold to allow for another's ambition to come true. And this ......ithis s the fact that overwhelms my mind as I look down on those who did so in a time when feelings of serenity were only a dream. But now are faced with the realization of having the one who once bent his neck in shame tower above them looking down upon them as my spirit does now. With this hollow feeling I'll tell you this, as disappointed as you may be at whatever plan was interrupted.....at whatever dream was deferred, over a smile you couldn't see, know that it's nothing compared to the one felt by a person who cares as deeply for another soul as you do now, is only half the lesson learned for dreamers like you.

© 2016 Jay


Author's Note

Jay
Reviews would be nice guys, any advice? Tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Stunning poem. Very striking use of words. You have captured frustration beautifully.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jay

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the positive review
Do I love this? Yes.
I feel it is very nice and I felt the frustration of the writer, I wouldn't want you to change much but being someone that has been frustrated by things beyond my country ( I live in Africa ) I know you can add to it to send a deeper message to everyone who reads it regardless of where they are in the world. You can ignore this. It's a great one

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jay

7 Years Ago

I will definitely try to allow what I write to reach a broader audience,thank you for the positive r.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2016
Last Updated on October 10, 2016

Author

Jay
Jay

About
I just write what comes to mind whether sadness or joy, pain or relative understanding. It all depends on the matter at hand. I just want for my words to be able to mean something. more..

Writing
Sunsets on Mars Sunsets on Mars

A Poem by Jay


Royalty Royalty

A Poem by Jay