Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Marta

Chapter One:

Kamra looked at her two small children. The small Metisse, who was only six years old, was sleeping on a timeworn wool blanket and four year old Del who was sleeping in his father’s arms. Metisse’s face was that of a tender baby girl and her thin teardrop blue hair was braided in a very long fish tail braid. Del’s navy blue hair and lavender skin was reflecting perfectly in the moonlight. Her children were so seamless and innocent. Kamra sighed; she just witnessed her city being destroyed by two atomic bombs. Luckily, she was able to get her family out of the city and deep into a forest when she first heard of the bomb threat. However, now her family was sleeping on the unfriendly, cold and gloomy forest floor. They were on the very outskirt of the forest where the wind moaned and the trees crackled, the surroundings were very uninviting and Kamra was on a relentless watch, protecting her precious children.

Zasee was a very large city, one of the largest in the region.  It was mostly populated by a type of species of human that evolved to quickly, called Saakri. Unfortunately, because of the large population of Saakri, many would have nowhere to go.  Even though most Saakri are very intelligent they are considered the lowest form of human life. Four fingers, lavender skin, unusually big eyes, and very long legs. Their hair colors ranging from jet black and blonde too many shades of spring green and blue. It was no surprise that many other species and life forms considered Saakri to be one of the lowest on the hierarchy. Zasee was constantly under threat from Alokabara; a smaller town, that had plenty of resources and thrived greatly. Alokabara constantly threatened Zasee because of different lifelong feuds between the two governments, but the biggest feud was between an uninhabited strip of land called Everly. Everly had the biggest spring water reserve in the Region and both Zasee and Alokabara desired it.  Today, Alokabara destroyed Zasee with two atomic bombs killing everybody who still inhabited Zasee. This came as a huge shock to everyone.

Kamra lowered her head; where would her family live now? What should she do? How can she tell her children to be strong when she felt weak?  Will her family be accepted, even if they are Saakri? A once perfect life would now turn into devastating search. She decided that she would leave the next morning, and by foot her family would walk to the nearest city and decide from there. She woke up Kilos, her husband, and told him the plan.

Kilos was 7 feet tall, and very muscular. He was well liked back in Zasee and admired by many. Back at home, he was a civil engineer and developed great buildings and structures. When the atomic bomb hit, he was shattered; all his great accomplishments were gone. He was afraid that no one would ever accept a Saakri as a civil engineer in another town. However, he was strong and Kamra appreciated that. Without him she would have never been able to deal with all the stress of losing their life and starting a new one. Kilos was supportive and always looked at the world with a clear mind and positive spirit. Kilos was the perfect role model.

Kamra and Kilos held each other tightly as they devised a plan. Kilos drew a map in the dirt; they would go north, away from Zasee and work their way into different towns, cities and regions until they found a suitable home to live in. Kamra brushed Del’s hair, he mumbled something but it was too hard to make it out. They gathered their supplies and decided that tomorrow they would leave Zasee forever. This was a permanent change and the biggest challenge of their lives.



© 2012 Marta


Author's Note

Marta
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on May 28, 2012
Last Updated on May 28, 2012
Tags: fantasy, love, mythology, creatures, different worlds


Author

Marta
Marta

Canada



Writing
No title yet No title yet

A Book by Marta