The Corner

The Corner

A Poem by Rtrt
"

Homeless

"
They do not see what they hear, they do not hear what they see.
Their colors have changed and they wonder when it was that this season came.
Steps in no direction, hiding the places we have been in the person we have become.
Eyes that do not stray, with thoughts that swim in prejudice.
The insignificant change that shimmers in the fountain learns to breed life for the other one's.
Hanging on the corner he wonders if his life is done.
His strange walk so characteristic of the pain endured since his life begun. Life is lead so many ways, but in a world where most cannot hold there heads high.
This shattered Shark hold's his box to the sky.
And wonders how to pray.
He says, "If there is a God in heaven, will He show me His eyes and give me His love?
Why does He having me living on this corner holding this box all covered in mud?"
Why is it that only this man has stopped to ponder who he has become? Life on this corner is bound to come, will we dare to hold our boxes to the sky and question Him one on one?
Or will we close our eyes when the cold breeze arrives, and let pride prevail and overcome?

© 2012 Rtrt


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the font used and the overall message. To improve? "When it was that this season came" is a very long-winded way of putting things. Try "when this season came" because you're saying the same thing, but with fewer words. I feel like eaqch sentence overall is strong, but I don't see the relevance they have to each other. I get from "eyes that do not...prejudice" is people staring at the homeless man thinking he's pathetic or something, but that could be shortened to "prejudice strikes every passing eye" or something shorter. Something shorter sometimes makes for a snappier, more powerful sentence.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on August 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: Ramblings, Homeless, God, The Corner, Heaven

Author

Rtrt
Rtrt

Hidden, CA



Writing
428 428

A Poem by Rtrt


Transference Transference

A Poem by Rtrt