Hi

Hi

A Chapter by MathersMania

November 1st, 1985
It was a normal day in 8 mile, a few parents yelling at their kids, a few adults fighting, nothing out of the ordinary. But then I seen a boy, with redish/brownish hair, I've never seen him before. He looks a little new, he's a white boy, that's for sure. He's moving into the trailer next to mine, his mom has kinda dirty blonde hair. She's pretty, and he's kinda cute. I don't really want to go up to him and be like "Hey, my name's Kaitlin, what's yours?". That sound's like some a 2nd grader would say, I'm in the eighth grade. He looks like the same age as me, maybe a little older. He does look twelve though, so maybe we could be friends, I don't have very many anyways. I feel a little creepy looking out the window and watching him, but as long as no one notices, I'm okay. 
A few minutes went by, he only has one box left to unload from his worn out car. His mother already went inside, I think. I wasn't paying attention to her, I was paying attention to the cute boy. I wonder what his name is? He looks like a James or something, I don't know. I'm probably way off on the naming, but whatever, I don't really even look like a Kaitlin. I have wavey blonde hair, just a little past my shoulders with bangs. My eyes are grey and I have a 'pretty smile' according to some people. 
This boy was already inside his house, so I looked kinda stupid looking outside with nothing to look at. So I closed the curtains and went into my room, it's a very small room with hardly anything in it. A bed in the corner, a night stand, a bookshelf, with tons of books on there, I love books, a dresser with barely any clothes in it, and a tv on a tv stand. It was a very old school tv, and it was kinda small, but that didn't really matter to me. My room was a very small room, not very many trailers have big room though, so it's normal I guess. 

~~

After a day or two of seeing this boy around, I decided that maybe I should introduce myself. I don't really know how to do that though, I've never really been the one to make the first move. I'm a very awkward child and I never really know what to say when I meet someone new, maybe he's the same and we'll get along just great. Anyway, here I go. 
I walked up to him, he was sitting on his steps drinking a Coke.
"Hi" really Kaitlin, that's the only thing you can think of? Hi? 
"Uhm, Hi?" oh god, I scared him.

*Marshall's POV*
I just moved here a few days ago, there's not really much to do here. Well I never found anything yet, the guys seem kinda scary, and the older girls seem hot, but I haven't seen a girl my age yet. 
Wait, whose that? She has blonde wavey hair, and she looks really cute. Oh s**t, she's coming over here, she must of seen me looking at her. 
"Hi" wow, she has a really cute voice
"Uhm, Hi?" wow Marshall, asking a question or introducing yourself?

*Kaitlins POV*
"Uh, I'm Kaitlin. You're new here aren't you? I haven't seen you around before, what's your name?" there, that sounds a little more normal. 
"Yeah I'm new. That's a really pretty name, my name's Marshall." oh, well I was way off, James, seriously Kaitlin? 
"That's a cool name. I've never met anyone with the name Marshall before. So, wanna hang out? I know what it's like to be the new kid, I just moved here a few months ago" Well, I actually grew up here, but I moved when I was nine, and then came back a few months ago, but whatever, same s**t different pile.
"Sure. It's kinda rough here, isn't it?" oh boy, you don't know the half of it.
"Yeah it is, but you start to get used to it. Just watch yourself" I laughed, he looked a little scared though. I probably reminded him of a witch, way to go.
"Hahah, well what do you want to do?" kiss you, no big deal.
"Uhm, I don't know. We could go for a walk, there's a corner store just down the road. Even though you already have a Coke, I want one now." I really hope I have money, or else I'm gonna look stupid.
"Sure"

~~

After hanging out for a few hours, we learned a lot about each other. I learned where he's from, and when his birthday is. I also found out his favorite color is blue, the same as mine. He's born three days before me, which is pretty cool. 
"Well, I should probably get going. Bye Kaitlin" awh, I don't want you to leave.
"Okay, I should probably go home too, my moms probably freaking out" we both laughed and he started walking towards his trailer. 
When I got inside, my mom was passed out on the couch, as always. My mom wouldn't even notice if I was missing for a week, she probably wouldn't even care when she noticed. My mom's a total drunk, she's also a drug addict and a little crazy. I was laying down in my room, and I heard fighting coming from next door, at Marshall's. It sounded like he was fighting with his mom, I wonder if they always fight. I heard his front door slam, so I decided to go check outside. He was sitting on his steps, it was around 10 o'clock, around this time the drunks and drug addicts come around. A lot of hookers, and thugs with guns, not the best time to be outside. 
"Yo, Marshall. Why are you outside at this time? This isn't really the best time to be sitting out here." I just want to protect him.
"My mom's being a total b***h, I'm not aloud to go back inside until morning.." oh wow, sounds tough.
"Well, where are you gonna sleep? It's already dark out, and seriously it's not the best time to be out here" I looked up and I seen a car, blasting some ghetto a*s music. F**k. He seen my expression and looked behind him, that was one of the most deadliest crews, one of the guys in there is the son of my moms boyfriend. He hates me, probably enough to kill me, which scares me.
"Whose that?" I forgot Marshall was sitting on his steps.
"Those guys?" They we're about 70 feet away from us, getting out of their car and going into the drug dealers house. 
"Yeah, they look like some punk asses" I laughed, well that's true.
"I don't know all their names, but one of them is the son of my moms boyfriend. He hates me, and I don't know why. So whenever he sees me, he threatens me. I don't really care though, he can't really do anything, especially when he's drunk, which is all the time." He kinda looked at my confused, I'll explain to him later.
"Anyways, you should probably go inside, or at least try. When they're around, more of them come around, and it's scary as f**k." or you can come in my house.
"I can't go inside, she won't let me. This has happened before, many times actually. There's nothing I can do now, I just have to wait until morning." he has it rough.
".. well, I know we just met. But you can come into my place? My mom won't mind, she's passed out cold anyways. She probably won't be up until noon tomorrow, so it's all okay. Unless you prefer to sit out here with these crazy asses" then we heard a gun shot, coming from behind the drug dealers house.
"no, I'll come inside" he ran to my steps, where I was, and we went inside. 
I got us both some juice and went to my room. There we're a few more gun shots and a lot more cars came driving by.
"Does this happen every night? I haven't heard or seen this yet since I've been here" he was looking outside my window.
"Nope, just two or three times a week. But it's still not a good idea to be out at night, even when it's quiet" I took a sip of my juice and started flipping through the channels. There we're only 10 channels though, so I didn't have a big selection. 
"Wow, interesting" he sat down next to be and took a sip of his juice. There was a awkward silence.
".. Awkward" I whispered, and he laughed. 
"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Uhm, Random

*Marshall's POV*
After I laughed at her little comment, I started thinking about how I wanted her to be my girl, so I decided to ask.
"So, do you have a boyfriend?" that was a little awkward.
"A little random, but no. Do you have a girlfriend?" hm, maybe she want's me too.
"No. Have you ever kissed any one before?" let's just get straight to the good stuff.
"Uhh.. no. Have you?" She seems to be getting a little awkward, well this is a awkward subject.
"No, but I came close once" yeah Marshall, just lie. 


© 2011 MathersMania


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

907 Views
Added on November 9, 2011
Last Updated on November 9, 2011


Author

MathersMania
MathersMania

Canada



About
I like Eminem. (: more..

Writing
First Kiss First Kiss

A Chapter by MathersMania