The Water Way

The Water Way

A Story by Matthews Reggie
"

Life is a Journey.....

"
Kindergarten:
They taught me what water is. That water is colorless. That water is odorless. That water is tasteless.

I learned the ABCD of water. Observing, learning only from a distance, from the shore.
School:
They taught me how to put my feet into water. How to splash water with my feet. How to be the best splasher.

And how to splash it over my friend and foe. How to splash it back on my teacher's face. And more crooked ways of splashing.
College:
They taught me the basics of swimming. About swimming small and large distances.

But still the key was competition. Tough, tougher competition. Compete to survive.   
Research:
Now, mere swimming wasn't enough. I was forced to dive, dive deep into the farthest depths. Searching, always searching for the finest pearl.

I never got one, a real one. So ended up duplicating the old, painted bright with fresh colors.
Employed:
I learned all about water, was well-versed about water.
Surely confident that I knew everything about water. But people here don't ask me about water. Because I work in fire-making.
Sitting amidst this office fire, I learned a new lesson.
The first perfect lesson - Water was colorful, Water was tasty and the most aromatic....
I miss water and every one who swam with me.....

© 2010 Matthews Reggie


Author's Note

Matthews Reggie
I am confused whether it is a story or poem.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. oh gosh ... that is a truly creative effort ... interesting, innovative and fascinating ... and i know that's how employment feels like ... but it's not ... you and i can change the world ... or at least make a start ... you and i can ... simply by responding to everything that happens around us ... and not just perpetuating it in silence ... and becoming a part of the system ... if truth in the world exists ... it's not because of what people do but how they respond ... here's to more water and less fire ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the flow of this write. And the categorized paragraphs. Water is delicious.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This twist in the story wasn't expected in the employment section though the title does make us curious. A really engrossing piece that is a bit humourous aswell.thumbs up. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

definitely a prose peice, and water is metaphorical in every sense

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh formerly faceless one, you have a gem here. Very nice metaphor. And I think I amin total agreement with you save for one thing:
I like Itallian Sparkling water the best!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a poem, I'm sure. I really loved this, you're so talented and it really all makes sense! It shows how rough growing up can be. I loved it. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I vote for poem!
Innovative use of water as a metaphor for knowledge. Wel written, though I wonder if it would not be better served if the boldtype, words were the same size, density and font as the body of the poem?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Uh, well you can write a poem and it can be a story I do it all the time. This is nice I like how you did it at first I was like what? But I picked up as I read along. This is interesting nice job keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Who cares whether this is a poem or a story. This piece of writing is amazing!!!! The creativity of using water for life... boy oh boy... I am swooning. This is genius... pure genius. Bravo.

Posted 13 Years Ago


brilliant concept. nice style sounding like words coming from a doomed man. good job. keep writin.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I got a really good image and i really liked it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1228 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2010
Tags: Monologue

Author

Matthews Reggie
Matthews Reggie

Ernakulam, Kerala, India



About
Hmm....... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..