The Creature

The Creature

A Story by Matriarch
"

This is a story about a sacrifice for strangers even though the sacrifice might be your own life

"

She swam with precision in the ocean, her tail waving and her body swaying. Her face was as gorgeous as ever. Her eyes were bright, full of happiness and hope. Her lips were pink like a soothing voice a mother hushing a baby’s cries.

The creature turned her head suddenly listening to the waves suddenly changing their sound to something threatening. In the distance she could see a ship capsized, dragging its passengers under the icy dark water. The creature immediately darts toward the ship hoping to at least help them. Once she finally gets there a miniature whirlpool has formed around the ships displaced water as it was being pulled under. The creature sunk down into the water looking around for survivors until a sparkle caught her eye. She rushed towards it grasping it in her palm. She lightly tugged on it until she noticed it around a passenger’s hand.

The sparkle had been a chain with two pictures in it of a beautiful woman surrounded by children. The creature grabbed onto the man’s arm and pulled him up. She needed to hurry as the ship was beginning to drag her down as well. She pushed herself as hard as she could until she was able to see the night’s sky. Her lips trembled in anticipation of getting this man to safety.

She hauled the nearly lifeless body to the shore. She began pushing on the man’s chest until water spurted from his mouth. She smiled faintly until she could no longer breathe. She tried dragging herself back into the ocean but her arms were weak and she was fading. She finally gave up and looked up at the man breathing weakly in front of her. She died with a smile on her lips.

© 2014 Matriarch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on February 3, 2014
Last Updated on February 3, 2014
Tags: mermaid, sacrifce

Author

Matriarch
Matriarch

Writing
Anna Anna

A Chapter by Matriarch


The Damned The Damned

A Book by Matriarch


The Gray The Gray

A Story by Matriarch