Matthew - Other Half of the Sky FT. Nabiyah

Matthew - Other Half of the Sky FT. Nabiyah

A Poem by Matthew
"

This piece is meant to empower women and girls of all variations all over the world.

"

Matthew - Other Half of the Sky FT. Nabiyah

(for women and girls of all variations all over the world)

 

Opening Speech (Nabiyah)

Ay, power to the women. Power to the girls.

Power to the women. Power to the girls.

Power to the women. Power to the girls.

Power to the women. Power to the girls.

 

Opening Speech (Matthew and Nabiyah)

(Nabiyah) Power to the girls. Ay ay.

 Power to the girls. Ay ay.

(Matthew) For all the women and girls that hold up the other half of the sky.

(Nabiyah) Power to the girls.

Power to the girls.

Power to the girls.

(Matthew) You see I feel in love with Mary Wollstonecraft, when I read A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, and it changed my life, forever.

 

Verse One (Matthew)

I wrote this song for all women and girls with flaws and imperfections. Regardless of your complexion just know that I see the beauty within each and every one of you; along with your intelligence; your worth and meaning. Until you are leading in numbers that are equal to men I make a vow to keep proceeding. Every female possesses differences; variables within their identities. Nature’s created complexity’s which society should accept unconditionally. Like all multi-dimensional beings they can only be understood ambiguously. No man harbors the right to put a woman in a box or tell her that she should behave more conservatively. If females need protection then we as men should do what we can to protect them. The truth is all women, don’t need our protection. I stand in recognition; say this with respect and admiration; as a majority it’s women and girls that protect us for they are the ones that raise the children. I love you with “all of my heart” mom and will forever cherish our infinite connection. You are a source of unconditional love and genuine affection. Even when we don’t see eye to eye I’ve always respected your conviction. You’ve consistently built me up with the intention I’d ultimately become a better person. Motherhood must be extraordinary; unparalleled within the human experience. However I don’t want young women to think that they are meant for a life of obedience; solely in submission to children and men. I would encourage you to look within and clearly recognize that motherhood is not the only place in which your value lies.

 

Chorus 1 and 2 (Nabiyah)   

Power to the people. Power to the girls. Power to the women who be holding us down. Power to the people. Power to the girls. Power to the women who be holding us down.

 

Verse Two (Matthew)

Everywhere I look I see the glorification, of the female body but it’s rare that I see a validation, of the female mind. As men we should look to women to describe and listen when they define what it means to be objectified. No man has the right to tell any woman with whom she inevitably might become intimate with. Subconsciously some of us have been given lenses that distort reality. We have been sold a mythology surrounding female beauty by the cosmetics industry; manipulated by people that an invested interest in shaping our psychology. In 2019 their business had a net worth of $532 billion internationally. I’m concerned about how their advertisements affect woman and girls internally and in turn how they cause us to treat each other, individually. In our society females as a majority spend more on beauty commodities then they do on education annually which perpetuates a cycle of disempowerment and keeps them from advancing economically. I accept all females unequivocally. However there are those I wish to mention specifically; those that are black brown trans lesbian queer and abled-differently. I want you to know that I see your humanity strength vitality ability wisdom and insight. Just know that there are so many women and girls that I admire, and aspire to be like. Indigenous women have been facing a crisis on which we should all place an emphasis. In 2016 on some reservations they were killed at 10 times the rate of the national average. In addition 5590 indigenous females have gone missing and there should be an investigation internally from what I read this isn’t even being taken seriously. I call on young woman to seize power by means of education; creating a shift in awareness; transcending innocence; becoming vigilant; taking self-defense classes; the mastering of militence. So if a man touches you, in a way that’s inappropriate, you can take control break his nose and expose, all of his weaknesses.  

 

Verse Three (Matthew)

The current condition of women deserves considerable attention. Anyone with intuition can tell that there is a broken mechanism when 15 million little girls have been raped and 72% of females have been forced into prostitution; diabolical domination through genital mutilation’s that are performed on 4 year old children. 53 million women are illiterate innocent trapped in ignorance; that’s absolutely unacceptable because it makes them more susceptible to starvation degradation and subjugation. Internalize every correlation between a lack of education domestic violence hopelessness and systemic oppression. I would encourage every female to be suspicious of all forms of obedience that require a blind submission to patriarchal authority. I would encourage every man to look inside yourself psychologically to examine the anatomy of your own toxic masculinity and the misogyny you carry. Then conduct a study on how that affects all the human beings around you sociologically. What is the probability that your words could inevitably increase someone’s perversity hostility or become the reason they reach out; strike or take advantage of a female violently? I stand in solidarity with women and girls all over the world regardless of your ethnicity and I even embrace every single one of you, with a transwoman identity. I am aware that in 2020 42 transwomen were murdered violently because of racism misogyny and male supremacy. I’ll do what I can to ensure that you live a life of dignity and increase your visibility. Until all women of every variation that nature embodies have sovereign control over their mind and bodies; have achieved equality socially economically and politically; until you stand at the pinnacle of liberation; every right has been manifested; you’ve become a full-fledged citizen of the country you live in; I will never willing give up, and I will, never willing give in. Nah.

 

Chorus Three (Nabiyah) 

Power to the people. Power to the girls. Power to the women who be holding us down. Power to the people. Power to the girls. Power to the women who be holding us down.  

Power to the woman. Power to the prize. Power to the people that light up our skies. Power to the sisters. Power to the girls. Power in our bodies. Do straight hair on curls.   

 

Ending Speech (Matthew)

Mom I dedicate this song to you. For you are the “wind at my back.” I will allow the love that you gave me to flow through me; may it intentionally ripple throughout all of eternity indefinitely.

 

Shana, I see you. You got a 4 year bachelor’s degree. I am so proud of you.

 

I think it’s important to acknowledge the coronavirus has wreaked havoc on the health and wellbeing of women and girls all over the world and the truth is, there’s no time like the present to make a difference. We all need each other more than ever right now so let’s come together.

 

I’m ready to live in a world where women and girls are my equals or superiors. It’s doesn’t threaten me. It’s long overdue.

 

Women and girls all over the world deserve to live a life of dignity equality and opportunity; where their abilities grant them access to possibilities.

 

End Speech (Nabiyah)

Go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

 Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Go go seize power.

(Talkin’ to the women on my block. Ay)

Go

(Talkin’ to the women on the block. Ay)

Power

Power to the women.

Power to the women.

Power to the women.


© 2021 Matthew - Fire In Zero Gravity Records - All Rights Reserved


If you would like to listen to this song just go to YouTube and type Matthew - Other Half Of The Sky FT. Nabiyah into the search bar.

© 2021 Matthew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on April 8, 2021
Last Updated on May 5, 2021
Tags: Women's Rights, MeToo, Indigenous Women, Transwomen, No More Stolen Sisters, Gender Equailty

Author

Matthew
Matthew

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hi everyone, My name is Matthew. I am an emcee, rapper, spoken word poet, multi-dimensional being, Buddha and lover of all living beings based in Phoenix Arizona. I’m not here to tell anyo.. more..

Writing