Christmas Blues

Christmas Blues

A Poem by Silence Dogood

Found my old love at the wal-mart a block away.

Icy flakes tossed and flew around me; the day before the birth of the christ.

My eyes focused on her as soon as I walked in.

I thought it was a trick of the light, but i could not deny the obvious fact that befalled at that moment; it was her.

I tapped her shoulder softly, the small snuffs of cold water numbing my finger tip.

Her eyes were the same, one more blue than the other and one more green than the right.

It was one of the many reasons I fell for her years ago.

They were startilingly beautiful and her face was as lovely as always but worn slightly from work and time.

Her eyes seemed to examine me for a moment, puzzled.

Then they twinkled with sudden realization and her arms flew around my neck.

My arms held around her middle.

I helped her to her car, the weight cutting my fingers.

We talked, discussing our lives and how Father Time had changed us both...

She said she married a businessman, handsome and strong.

I found that she would probobly have liked to say she loved him but she was not at all a liar.

Our mouths were worn and mine ran out of clever things to say.

Soft lips pecked my cheek as I left the car; as she drove from the lot, I stared at her silohuette, wishing mine was next to hers.

As I turned to walk away, the snow seemed to sink thru my jacket, right into my very heart.

Love is a cruel and wonderous thing.

I had played russian roulette with it.

And a bullet filled my barrel.

 

 

© 2010 Silence Dogood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah a close friend...nice to meet you berra :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really good..who was your inspiration? perhaps a girlfriend or a close friend?

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow. that's great.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 3, 2010
Previous Versions