The Beginning of Hope: Well...The begining

The Beginning of Hope: Well...The begining

A Story by Matty Bosox
"

This is the beginning of the amazing story that is Hope Rain Barnanby...A young lady who has no Hope in her life but she has a very special place on the pedistal of life..She will soon find that out.

"

(Rain pushes her way through a bunch of kids, her hair up in a sloppy pony-tail and wearing a pair of black box frame glasses and in a flannel shirt and ripped jeans...Another girl runs into her, knocking her into a locker)

Jason Marsh: (Grabbing the girl that pushed her by the arm and pulling her close) Hey Jen...

Jen: (Rolling her eyes as she looks into Jason's eyes) Oh my god!! (Trying to get free) What do you want Jason?!?!

Jason: (As Rain looks on) Don't let me see it happen again..(Letting go of her as she drops her books) Ha...whoops..

Jen: (Flaring him as she goes to pick up her stuff and a bunch of willing guys help her) Ya know what...F**k you Jay!!!

Rain: (As Jason walks up to her and stares into her eyes uncomfortably) Uumm...Hey there..Ya know you really didn't have to...

Jason: (Smiling at her as he pushes back her bangs) You have gorgeous eyes..

Rain: (Looking around uncomfortably with a shy smile) Thanks, they are my mom's...Got them on loan for now...(Going to walk away feeling very nervous)

Jason: (Pushing kids out of the way to catch up to her and grabbing her by the arm) Ya know alot of girls would be jealous of you right now...

Rain: (Looking down at his hand and pulling it away as she rolls her eyes) Is this how you great everybody...By ripping their arm out of socket...If you could excuse me I have to get to class now...(Walking away with a smile) By the way, I hope you were kidding with that last junk line..

Jason: (Walking backwards with a smile on his face) So I'll talk to you later then!!

(After school Rain and her one friend, a childhood friend, Tyler, walk out the doors of the school as they talk and laugh...Rain catches Jason out of the corner of her eye staring at her with a bunch of his jock friends..)

Rain: (Trying not to look at him) Oh brother Ty, there it is again...

Tyler: (Spinning and pointing at Jason) That is definitly the stare of intimacy..

Rain: (Pushing his arm down and putting her arm around him as they start walking quickly away) You are an a*****e....I can't believe I'm asking this...Is he still..

Tyler: Like a missle with lock on its target buddy..

Rain: Ty, this is crazy...Somebody like that cannot really look at me on a relationship level...

Tyler: (As they walk down the sidewalk towards Tyler's parents house who took Rain in when her mother left her) No, definitly not a relationship level...But he is quite the stud and you, my girl, have alot of blockage that needs to be released..

Rain: (Pushing Tyler and laughing) You are such a f*g...A disgusting one at that...

The next few weeks would be the same repitition over and over again....I had such a huge protective shield over my feelings from being hurt by somebody again that I almost missed the boat with Jason...Everyday like clockwork he would grab me in the hall before fourth period math and say the same thing....My eyes...always my eyes..It was a combination of two things that finally got me to break...One of them being my best friend and the other is still one of my top five most romantic moments of all-time, almost topping the Dicaprio-Winslet flying scene which still brings water to my eyes...

(A couple weeks after their first conversation Jason cuts in front of other kids in line for lunch and stands right behind Tyler.)

Tyler: (Grabbing a tray and looking at Jason quickly with a laugh) Dude...Don't tell me you are gonna stoop to asking this nerd for tips on how to get in Rain's pants..

Jason: (Smiling as he puts his arm around Tyler) Let me buy lunch for you buddy...

Tyler: (Looking around embarrased) Dude, I'm so flattered but if it was me you were after this whole time...I mean I am sooo easy...One date and you'll have me in my tighty whiteys...

Jason: (Laughing as they grab lunch and sit in a secluded area of the caffeteria) Listen...Just being seen with me..

Tyler: (Waving Jason off as they eat) Ok, take it easy Paris Hilton...(Wiping his mouth) Look, if you want my help I need you to answer one simple question..

Jason: (Looking over at his jock friends as they laugh at him and knodding his head to them with a smile) Yeah...And whats that buddy???

Tyler: (Looking over at the other jocks and shaking his head) Alright, you're not even taking this seriously...(Pointing his hand over at the jocks table) Your drones are waiting for your command...

Jason: (Slowly turning his head back to Tyler with a dead serious stare) Is this serious enough for you??

Tyler: (Intimidated by Jason's stare) Wow...That'll do Stallone...Alright look, Rain is like the greatest person ever...She is funny, charming, and despite her nerd repitoire, she is the coolest person on earth...

Jason: (Smiling and shaking his head) Why do you think I've risked my football career, my class presidency, my social status, and my other girls just to smell the vanilla essence in her hair..

Tyler: (looking at Jason in shock) Holy s**t dude...That was amazing....You had me at football career but then you just pushed it over the edge...(Jason just rolling his eyes getting impatient) I am an expert on fake people...I study them like Jane Goodall and her monkeys...

Jason: (Folding his arms in aggrivation) Come on man....Seriously...

Tyler: (Pointing at Jason) You just proved to me your not one of them...You really have feelings for her...

Jason: Its just weird man...I am eighteen years old and ever since I was thirteen I've had girls all over me...Guys wanting to be me and I always had the mindset that I would never meet my match...I feel so awkward around her...Its usually easy for me to pick up girls but with Rain...(Looking up and thinking) I just don't know...

Tyler: (His mouth agape in shock) Wow man...I feel tears building up...(Jason just shakes his head in frustration and waves his arms at Tyler in aggrivation) No seriously..Like my eyeballs are connected to garden hoses...Ok..ok..enough with the jokes...(Holding his hand out as Jason slaps it) I'll help you out dude...

(Later on that day Tyler catches up to Rain as he tries to put his shoe on while running down the hall after her)

Rain: (Looking back at him and laughing as she keeps walking) Whats up gym boy...

Tyler: (Putting his arm around her and smelling her hair) Wow, I never noticed..He was right...

Rain: (Pushing him away as they sit on a bench in the hall) What the hell is wrong with you???

Tyler: (Pointing at her hair) Vanilla!!

Rain: (Pulling her hair back with a frightened look) Yeah...what about it??? I happen to like the smell of my conditioner thank you..

Tyler: Wow...No wonder you detract guys miss defensive...No..Your stalker, Jason, he told me today that he looks forward to the one moment during the day that he gets to smell that scent...

Rain: (Dropping her books in shock) Wh..What??

Tyler: (Looking down at her books and laughing) Need help there boss??

Rain: (Picking up her books) He didn't say that....Your messing with me....

Tyler: (looking at her back) Well first off, quit your plumbing job...(Rain grabs the back of her pants and pulls them up) second..its true...He actually dragged me into the corner at lunch and drilled me about you...

Rain: Get the hell outta here...Ty...this is serious s**t...

Tyler: Congrats red...I think your guy finally found you...(Grabbing her by the face and kissing her cheek) Now, you can't let me down tonight..

Rain: (Pushing away) Oh...Tyler...What did you do?!?!

Tyler: Will you just relax...He wants to take you on one simple harmless date...

Rain: Yeah sure Ty...harmless..you know his type better than I do...At what point during the night will I expect to be drugged or molested?!?!

Tyler: (Laughing) Will you relax..You know you have something for this guy...No..rewind that...I know you have something for this guy..This could be your chance to finally be happy...(Putting his arms around her shoulders) Come on..give it a shot...for me??? Damn Rain, the guy even said if you felt uncomfortable he would come over and watch movies with us..(Rain starts laughing as Tyler chuckles also) Yeah fun right...

Rain: (Taking a deep breath and standing up, squeezing Tyler's cheek) How could I say no to that face...

Tyler: (Clapping his hands together) Ha!! Alright buddy..I will see you after school then...We need to get you dressed for the big event...

Rain: (With a deep sarcasim) Yeah...Dressed....(Whispering to herself) This is gonna be tragic...

(During an afternoon of studying in the library, Rain gets an unexpected visit from her newest enemy...Jenni Hastings...)

Jenni: (Walking into the library after seeing Rain sitting alone at a table inside) I'll catch up to you guys after school...I've got some new skank that needs stomping...(Her friends just laugh and smile as they look in at Rain)

Rain: (Jenni pulls up a seat right next to her and slams Rain's book shut as Rain just sits staring at the book with a suprised look) Ok then...Hi...(Reaching out to shake her hand)...Jenni right??? (Looking Jenni up and down with a cocky smirk) Nice outfit..I think I counted eighteen of the same kind of shirt today...(Sarcastically pointing at Jenni) but yours...I don't know...(Jenni just rolls her eyes and looks away) it just expresses the nine layers of fake in your hair..

Jenni: (With a smile, slowly pushing Rain's book sideways) I'm sorry for closing your book like that..(Quickly opening it halfway and slamming the front half open into Rain's face and jumping out of her seat, yelling in Rain's face) I don't want you near Jason Marsh!! (As Rain grabs her nose and starts wincing in pain, blood coming down as Jenni pokes Rain's head with her finger, hard) Get it through that thick smart brain of yours!!!

(That was only the first of many times I would confront Jenni Hastings...Although I was gushing blood from my nose and my eyes were watering from a hard cover to the face I will never forget that tatoo on the back corner of her neck...An upside down cross that looked like something you would never see on a barbie doll like Jenni....To this day something about that tattoo haunts my dreams...Anyways, I am rambling...I definitly wasn't gonna let a run-in with miss priss super b***h ruin my night...It would be a night that would go down as the most romantic night of my life..And the start of one amazing relationship...)

© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
This is just a side project that I wanna do while I'm getting overworked with my GAP project...I like it...Hopefully you guys like it also

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant character development, im happy i went and hunted out the rest of this piece its brilliant.
I love the characters realtionships, and the way you have thought out all sides both negative and positive confrontations occur. The development of there personal charactricts is clear and i feel very involved in the story.
Im loving this little romance , quirky , interesting and for some reason i dont sense cliche romance story.
Great so far , i will definatly keep reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

It was brilliant there is no need for thanks i geunily really enjoyed reading it. I understand what .. read more
Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Well if you think this is good then I'm sure you'll love my Gaurdian Angel Project....Which by popul.. read more
Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

I wish you all luck with the publishing, if it is anything near the skill of this one them im sure i.. read more



Reviews

Brilliant character development, im happy i went and hunted out the rest of this piece its brilliant.
I love the characters realtionships, and the way you have thought out all sides both negative and positive confrontations occur. The development of there personal charactricts is clear and i feel very involved in the story.
Im loving this little romance , quirky , interesting and for some reason i dont sense cliche romance story.
Great so far , i will definatly keep reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

It was brilliant there is no need for thanks i geunily really enjoyed reading it. I understand what .. read more
Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Well if you think this is good then I'm sure you'll love my Gaurdian Angel Project....Which by popul.. read more
Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

I wish you all luck with the publishing, if it is anything near the skill of this one them im sure i.. read more
haha. i like the friendship of Tyler and Rain. makes me remember my own bestfriend. i like how the story built up from the prologue up to this one. my problem is, I just don't like Jenni. such a bitchy character, no offense. yeeaaah! i'm off to the next one! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much GOthic....The great thing with Tyler and Rain is they are basically one in the same.... read more
Gothic Girl

11 Years Ago

hahaha. i'm not really into those kinds of girls. my mortal enemy! can't stand them. :p
Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Well you'll love Rain's character then LoL
Wow! This is great! You should continue this! It's great! Awesome job! You will be (if not already) hopefully in "the zone" with this one. :P Goodluck!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

It is sooo easy to get into that zone Owl...Its the great and informative reviews that keep it going.. read more
I like how you think writing something this good is taking a BREAK from writing something that awesome.

But just remember that you have to write BOTH of them now!!! I had to stop writing more than one book at a time, I was getting totally worked up about everything!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Well actually I am taking a break from GAP for now....Only because it is so hard rewriting something.. read more
emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Haha..... I thought it was great
typo in Is this how you treat (you typed great) I loved this! The dialogue is realistic and i look forward to reading more! I think Tyler is my favorite character!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks Barbara, I'm glad your reading it...You saying Tyler is your favorite character shows your re.. read more
i want more ...where is the next ?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Afra!!! Have you read anymore of this story?? I want your input kiddo..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: The Beginning of Hope

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing