The Beginning of Hope: Secret Revealed

The Beginning of Hope: Secret Revealed

A Story by Matty Bosox
"

Rain Hope Barnaby never thought anything of herself...She has become an even darker and sadder soul than she ever was...Something is about to send her life out of control..

"

(Rain slowly rolls out of bed as she takes a drag from her smoke and slowly walks into the bathroom....She looks at herself in the mirror as she takes a drag and blows it into the reflection...Letting out a lazy yawn she looks over and sees a single rose placed on the edge of the tub..She smiles as she picks it up and reads the note underneath it which says.."Its because of you that the rain is so beautiful to me anymore...LUV J"...Rain just smiles as a tear rolls down her eye and then all of a sudden she falls to her hands and knees in a crippling pain...Yelling in agony as she grabs at the top of her back...She feels her skin actually pulsating as she rubs her shoulder blades....Shaking in pain she slowly grabs the counter and lifts herself up and stares into the mirror...Suddenly a pair of huge silver glowing wings burst out of her back and one of them smashes through the window in the bathroom as Rain just looks in terror...She reaches behind to try and grab at them, as she does she spins around, the wings ripping down the shower curtains and smashing the mirror, knocking down everything on the counter of the sink...Rain falls backwards and spills out into the hall...Sitting against the wall as she looks behind her in shock at the pair of huge shiny wings as they flex in and out....Suddenly she quickly turns her head and looks into the living area as Prime just stands with his hands behind his back and a calm smile on his face..)

Prime: I bet you're all ears now...

Rain: (As she keeps looking behind her) What the hell is this s**t?!?!?!

Prime: (Slowly walking closer to her) Just try and relax....You don't wanna destroy this nice apartment like you just did to the bathroom..

Rain: (Slowly rubbing her hand across the top of one of the wings) Ok...Ya mind telling me why I just turned into a bird with metal wings???

Prime: (Slowly walking over to her and reaching for her hand as the wings fold back into her shoulders) First off, those have nothing to do with birds or metal...second they have receded back into your frame (As she turns around and feels her shoulders still in shock) come on, take my hand....We have alot to talk about...

Rain: (Slowly standing up and rubbing her shoulders as they walk down the hallway and she can't help but keep looking back) Ok buddy....I guess I am all ears, now that I have big giant metal wings growing out of my back!!! (Her hands shaking nervously as she lights a cigarette and opens a bottle of half full vodka and chugging it down, wincing from the nasty taste, taking a drag of the cigarette, and nervously going to sit, hesitating, looking for the wings behind her, and then throwing herself into the seat and chugging from the bottle again)

Prime: (Grabbing the bottle gently away from her in mid drink with a smile as he sits down) Ya know, I thought you would be stronger than this..(Just staring at the bottle, shaking his head in disgust and dropping it on the floor as the rest spils out)

Rain: (Jumping out of her seat and trying to save the few drops that are left before they spill out) HEY!!! What is wrong with you?!?!? (Looking into the bottle and shaking it upside down as it is empty) Oh wow buddy....That was my last bottle of Goose..Do you know how expensive this s**t is?!?!

Prime: (Laughing and pointing behind her) Looks like your friends are back..

Rain: (Turning around as the carbon-fiber looking wings explode from her back again and as she turns they whip around knocking over the table and breaking the glass centerpiece..She whips around again as the wings smash into the glasses on the counter and they shatter all over the floor..Finally Rain backs into a corner to cover the wings up) What the hell?!?!?!? (Looking up and saying in frustration) Why did you choose me for all your comic situations??

Prime: (Pointing at her and without a care wiping the glass off of his overcoat) Ya know its funny and kind of ironic that you say something like that..(Pointing up) To him of course...

Rain: (Turning around and the wings have gone again, so she rolls her eyes and sits down, looking around the trashed kitchen and laughing as she shrugs her shoulders) Oh well!! We don't need all these fine kitchen emenities!!! (Picking up the shattered remains of the kitchen centerpiece and sticking it in Prime's face) Do you know how much Jason's parents paid for this stupid thing?!?!?

Prime: (Just laughing at her as he smacks the cigarette out of her lips) You better start paying attention young lady...

Rain: (Shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head in suprise) What the hell man?!?!? First of all...before I really do shoot you in the face....(Taking out another cigarette and putting it in her lips and lighting it...taking a big drag) and before we get to the whole iron wings thing, which is just normal everyday stuff for me (sarcastically) lets go back a sec and tell me where you got the idea of saying your my father...(Laughing as she takes another drag of her smoke) I mean your lucky I'm a fall down drunk because otherwise I would've shot your a*s ten times already...

Prime: (Laughing under his breath) You're an angel....

Rain: (Smiling sarcastically) Yeah, thanks, everyone says that about me....With the four bottles of Jack I drink a day....

Prime: (Slowly standing up and taking off his overcoat as two huge glowing wings burst out from underneath...Rain just stares at him in shock as the cigarette just falls from her lips to the floor) No....Rain Hope Barnaby...You are an angel.....

Rain: (Just getting up and tripping over her own two feet as she just stares at him in shock) Alright...Um...Well...(Grabbing the first bottle of liquor on the counter that isn't broken and taking a chug from it, coughing from the overwhelming taste of whiskey) I guess that would explain my wing problem..

Prime: (Slowly tucking his wings back in under his coat and sitting down) Now.....If you really want to understand what is going on....Why I say I am your father...and why your mother eventually...

Rain: (Looking at him in anger suddenly as she quickly gives him a hard slap in the face as tears roll down her face...Her quivering lips trying to crack a grin but the anger overtaking) You b*****d....(Taking another drink..This time Jack) Don't you ever talk about my mother...My mother might be a crazy lunatic now but its because somebody made her that way!!! (Standing up and pacing around the kitchen trying to calm herself) And you...your too calm and relaxed...and...well....nice...to be my old man...

Prime: (Slowly walking towards her and grabbing her shoulder, looking into her tear soaked eyes) Then explain the wings hunny....

Rain: (Suddenly tossing the bottle of Jack against the wall as it smashes everywhere and the wings burst from behind her back again as she falls to the ground bursting into tears) What is wrong with me?!?!? Why does this stupid junk have to happen to me?!?!?

Prime: (Slowly getting on his knee and rubbing her back) I'm so sorry...but I couldn't tell you about this until now...(Rain just wraps her arms around him tight as she cries out loud) Everything is going to be ok baby girl (As he slowly runs his hand through her hair with his eyes closed and a tear slowly forming and running down his cheek) I am here for you now...I am going to make everything alright in your life...(Watching as her wings slowly decend into her back)

Rain: (Pulling away from him in anger again as she wipes the tears away) Alright, if you are my father then you obviously know something personal about me...

Prime: (Standing up and helping her up off the ground with a warm smile) You have always made me proud...(Rubbing his hand across her face) Its so amazing how beautiful you are...

Rain: (Slapping his hand away) Tell me!!!!

Prime: (Laughing as he spreads his wings) Right now you sleep my baby girl...Everything (stepping back slowly towards the window) will be answered soon...Right now you must sleep..(Rain falls into the kitchen chair and her eyes get very heavy and then she closes them) It is time for your first test...(The window flying open behind him) I will never leave your side again my daughter....(Suddenly everything goes black)

(A faint whisper is heard) "Rain...Rain....(Turns louder) Rain!!! Rain!!!

© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
The next installment of Rain's story....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooo what a cliffhanger, im left desperatly wandering what has happened and who is shouting her name. Or who woke her up it all sounds very interesting.
I think the line i wll never leave your side again before he departs is ever so slightly ironick though but i get the meaning it just made me laugh a little.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

That is the great thing about what really haunts Rain as a character in this moment....Where are the.. read more



Reviews

Very good

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooo what a cliffhanger, im left desperatly wandering what has happened and who is shouting her name. Or who woke her up it all sounds very interesting.
I think the line i wll never leave your side again before he departs is ever so slightly ironick though but i get the meaning it just made me laugh a little.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

That is the great thing about what really haunts Rain as a character in this moment....Where are the.. read more
she has wings now! kind of like an angel. but i doubt if Rain and Prime are really "angels". i'm still a little bit uncomfortable with this Prime character. it's like he kinda creeps me out. he's like his eyes sees right through Rain. the ending left me hanging. the reason why I read straight to all of your stories is because of the ending. you really have a knack of keeping me interested! :)) i'm now excited for the rest of the story. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Kind of ironic right,,,,A persona like Rain being a godsent....An alcoholic, hate everybody, sarcast.. read more
Gothic Girl

11 Years Ago

yah. that really caught my attention. the irony was very evident. that was why i am doubting if Rai.. read more
Gonna need a few more reads, but i like what I see, maybe a font change between characters could help the flow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Yeah I get alot of that bud....I need to do something...Alot of people are saying its good but they .. read more
...kitchen amenities". This is getting better and better! I look forward to more, more, more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you Barbara...Usually I'm the one trying my hardest to give great reviews but you and a few ot.. read more
Wow! This is spiraling! So many questions! Great job! I cannot wait to read the next installation!
You go Rain!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

I love the character myself...I always wanted to do a story like this but never had the exact way to.. read more
Ah, an archangel huh? Much like Uriel or Gabriel, but with a little Domino Harvey mixed in? I think I'd like this 'Rain' chick. She'd be a hoot to have around, especially if you needed a fast lift to work when you're running a little late!
This is great stuff Matty. I can't decide wheter Rain's true Father is an angel himself...or a daemon. I suppose I'll have to stick around for the ride to find out...and I can't wait!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

COuld be either or could be neither Dean ;o) I like the comparisons though LoL Especially the D.. read more
Dean Kuch®

11 Years Ago

Sure Matty. I fire those same sentiments right back at 'cha my friend!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: The Beginning of Hope

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CREEP CREEP

A Story by Quill~