The Beginning of Hope: Tyler's Return

The Beginning of Hope: Tyler's Return

A Story by Matty Bosox
"

After the death of Jason, Rain felt lost and confused so she went back to her best friend...Hopefully he can forgive her for tossing his aside...

"

Tyler: (Narrating) So there you have it...The girl who I remember as being the happy-go-lucky, beuatiful, free spirit that was Rain Hope Barnaby had been lost...Her free spirit stripped away by drinking, her beauty and happiness...well...with Jason's death...that was pretty much the deal breaker...I remember six days later going to the funeral and looking around at all the faces...What was so creepy was they weren't sad faces, they were more angry faces...Angry because the girl who said she loved Jason with more passion than that chick from Gone With the Wind loved Carey Grant...I think that was the guy...Um...yeah...Anyways, you get the point...I thought, knowing how fragile Rain was at heart, I would be attending her funeral next...With nothing left to live for...its sad to say...but why not??? And then something wild happened...It was the same night after the funeral...I had just arrived back at my small dingy, dusty, disgusting, shithole, creaking, falling down, ok I'll shut up and get to the point....I walked into my apartment and before opening the door all the way I had noticed, as I was taking my annoying tie off, the door was unlocked...Ya know, people always thought I was an over worried psycho because I carried a backpack full of fun self-protecting stuff like a taser, a baseball bat, some kind of tire iron....I was too affraid of guns so what was the point if they had one?? Anyways...I'm just ya know running off at the mouth again....So...I whip out this baseball bat...push in my door and just start yelling like a nutcase...Then as I ran into the kitchen...Well....There she was...

Rain: (Stirring herself a cup of tea as she slowly turns around and Tyler tries to stop himself and slides on the floor onto his back and just winces in pain) Hey you.....(Smiling as Tyler lay at her feet) whats up???

Tyler: (Wincing in pain as he just closes his eyes and laughs) Oh, ya know, just checking the...um...well...(Pointing up at the cieling blocks) Those damn tiles keep looking like they (As Rain just slowly looks up and rolls her eyes with a smile) are about to fall (Getting up to one knee) and I like to try and get a jump on that...(Rain just smiling and reaching to give him a hand) Seriously....

Rain: (Helping him as he bounces up to his feet) I hope you don't mind...I made myself a cup o' tea...Ya know how we used to sit and drink this stuff just making fun of the fake people at school...

Tyler: (Going into his cabinet and grabbing a cup) Sounds like a great idea....So what ya have mixed it that??? Some Goose?? Jack?? What??

Rain: (Rolling her eyes with a smile) None of the above...Actually its just your regular run of the mill lipton tea bag...

Tyler: (Making himself a cup) Yeah, well, thats not the Rain I know....The same Rain that didn't show up to her own husband's funeral today...

Rain: (Just rubbing her hand playfully through Tyler's gelled hair and messing it up with a laugh) Whats with the gel hot stuff???

Tyler: (Pushing her hand away) I'm serious Rain...Do you know how out of place I felt...Trying to answer for your absense...All those stuck up tightwads in fancy suits and tailor-made dresses...(A tear slowly runs down Rain's cheek and Tyler suddenly pauses with a face full of guilt as he grabs her by the arms) I'm sorry hun...I just...

Rain: (Rubbing her tears away and laughing) Don't worry about it Ty...Your right..His parents and all their rich friends..God did they hate me...

Tyler: Well that doesn't give you reason not to show up at your own husband's funeral...

Rain: (Just staring into her cup of steaming tea with a laugh) I know I shouldn'd be laughing...To be honest I don't know if I should be mourning at all..

Tyler: (Just looking at her in shock) Yeah..And..why is that??

Rain: I just wanna let you know Ty...I haven't been the greatest best friend since me and Jason....

Tyler: Don't even blame yourself for that hun...You know if I found that perfect girl I would...(They both start laughing) No...no..I would still be up your a*s...But your changing the subject here...Why in the hell do you think you shouldn't be in mourning?? Your not that cold hearted...I know my Rain...and I know my Rain would be wishing for death herself right now..You loved that man more than anything..sorry...but..

Rain: Still love Ty...still love...Can I tell you something that only you will understand...

Tyler: (Just looking at her with a confused look) Ok...I know that means Tyler should sit down for this..

Rain: (Punching his arm and smiling) Seriously dick...Its just that for some reason, every night I go to bed...I don't know...Its like I can still feel him..Like he isn't really gone ya know??

Tyler: (Sipping his cup of tea and wincing from the heat) S**t thats hot!! Its called being in denial Rain...I think everyone feels that same thing...

Rain: No, I had that when Gypsy died...

Tyler: You mean your stupid little dog that looked like a bathroom throw rug??? We were like twelve...

Rain: True...But jsut because somebody doesn't know the meaning of denial doesn't mean they don't feel it...I always thought that dog was just around the corner after she died but it was just one of those..."Oh yeah, thats right, the dog is dead" type things...This..I don't know what this is...I feel like he is still just gonna walk in my door one of these nights like nothing even happened..

Tyler: (Just looking at her with sadness and slowly shaking his head) Rain.....

Rain: (Just looking up at Ty with a very riddling smile) Hey can I show you something...

Tyler: (Laughing) Ok...I see that look your giving me and I'm thinking I should say no...but you have shown me so many screwed up things...Yeah whatever...Go for it...

Rain: (Closing her eyes and concentrating as Tyler just sighs and starts to laugh) Shut up a*****e...I really have to concentrate...

Tyler: (Looking at his watch sarcastically and then slowly looks up and in complete awe, dropping his cup and splashing hot tea everywhere as he sees two giant wings climbing up from Rain's back) Um...yeah...ok...(Slowly backing away out of his seat and tripping over it as he falls to the ground) What the hell is this Rain?!?!?!

Rain: (Just smiling cocky at him as her majestic wings flex gently behind her) Bet you never saw this kinda crazy s**t before huh....

Tyler: Um...Rain...You have wings growing out of your damn back!!!!! I have to be dead..(Crawling backwards and lifting himself up) Let me guess..your like my guardian angel....Or um (Clicking his fingers) everytime a bells rings....(Laughing)

Rain: (Grabbing Tyler by his collar and pulling him close) Whatever you do...You have to keep this a secret Ty!!!!

Tyler: (Just looking at her scared and freaking out) Ha...Who the hell would believe this?!?! I knew that Halloween when you made me that zombie outfit...We were what eight?? I knew you could be a great make-up artist...

Rain: (Dropping her head in frustration) Tyler!!!! This is no JOKE!!!!! And that night when I held Jason's body...All I remember was these things coming out and just blinding me and then Jason was gone...

Tyler: (Taking a deep breath trying to take it all in) Ok....I guess...well...(Shrugging his shoulders) whatever Rain...So...what your like a real angel??

Rain: I have no idea Ty.....All I know is I have these things and I keep getting visits from this weirdo named Prime saying he is my real father and apparently he is an angel and the reason my mother is in a mental institution for going ape....

Tyler: So...yeah....um....like mother like daughter...(Rain just looks at him in anger) Alright Rain..whatever this is we'll figure it out....

(Suddenly a figure slowly walks towards them from behind out of the shadows....The man is wearing a pair of silk dress pants and a black tank top showing off his tattoo covered body...All the tattoos written in aramaic the anctient language....He walks with a golden cane and a thick golden chain with a big cross on it along with a bowler derby....The man gently taps Rain on the back of her shoulder...Rain quickly twists around as her wings, in a cutting motion, flow across the room, as Tyler ducks they cut right through the corner of the wall as debris falls on Tyler as he covers his head...Rain looks at the man in shock and he just gives her a warm smile without even a flinch.)

Man: You must be the young Miss Hope...

© 2012 Matty Bosox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Angry because the girl... you never fhinshed that sentance, i feel its something missing aswell , why was everyone angry instead of sad at the funeral?

I think you should play with thiis moment a little more, re-establish there friendship give us a while to become re-acquainted with the brilliant character we left behind.
Also does he know the cause of death of Jason? Does he have no questions, surely these pressing issues would be something mentioned with your best friend.
Play with this moment.
I love the reaction i love the strength you have in created within there friendship that he would be so accepting. Loving the plot an how it is developing.

Ooooo New character.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Yes you are absolutely correct...Tyler didn't really want to talk about Jason..You can kinda tell th.. read more



Reviews

Angry because the girl... you never fhinshed that sentance, i feel its something missing aswell , why was everyone angry instead of sad at the funeral?

I think you should play with thiis moment a little more, re-establish there friendship give us a while to become re-acquainted with the brilliant character we left behind.
Also does he know the cause of death of Jason? Does he have no questions, surely these pressing issues would be something mentioned with your best friend.
Play with this moment.
I love the reaction i love the strength you have in created within there friendship that he would be so accepting. Loving the plot an how it is developing.

Ooooo New character.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Yes you are absolutely correct...Tyler didn't really want to talk about Jason..You can kinda tell th.. read more
Matty Bosox? you're the man! you just made my day. reading straight 4 stories is not something i really do. but you made me do that because of this great plot. you keep bringing me to new heights of excitement because of this. off to the next one! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you Goth, you don't know how much I'm humbled by a review like that....Thank you sooo much!!! .. read more
Gothic Girl

11 Years Ago

hahaha. i love how that sounds. :) looking forward to the next ones. ;)))
Wow. I will see this on film one day, and be like, "I read this epic tale back at the beginning". Great job! The questions! Suspense! Ahh! Going to the next chapter now!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks again Owl I see more chapters from you on my read requests and I can't wait to review them!!!.. read more
I love the line:
knowing how fragile Rain was at heart
I would be attending her funeral next
with nothing left to live for.
I knew you can write poems.
Good job.
Also : Can I tell you something that you will only understand.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Well in this case let me give you the whole "I'm a poet and didn't know it" line Sami...I appreciate.. read more
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

I know . I like it . I was trying to get that instinct out of you or the horizon. Who knows?
This is so good, Matty. The movie is in my head, as I read! More!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Barbara...I'm glad you are enjoying it...I definitly wanna keep writing this piece.. read more
Again, a masterpiece in the making, Matty. I couldn't have fallen in love anymore with this piece of work, if I had written it myself. Great. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you Liz....The only difference is, I think my writing is bad...I'm a critic and my own worst e.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012
Tags: The Beginning of Hope

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..