The Fight for the Project

The Fight for the Project

A Chapter by Matty Bosox
"

Hope you like it

"

INSIDE A MEETING ROOM DEEP BELOW THE PENTAGON SECRETARY DANIELS AND HIS ADVISORS LISTEN TO THE WORDS OF GAP PROJECT HEAD SUSAN MANSFIELD

Mansfield: (Staring down at Sec. Daniels and his advisors) Mr. Secretary, (looking around nervously) esteemed advisors...My name is Susan Mansfield and I am here on behalf of the protection of the people of America..

Daniels: (Crossing his arms and shaking his head in disapproval) The protection of the people Susan?!?! What was it 22 KOAs last time you tried this s**t...

Mansfield: Mr. Secretary, PLEASE!!! let me talk...We all know with the signing of the New Soviet Pact and the extreme danger and intelligence of Dictator Yun..my project may be the only way to save this country...

Daniels: (Standing up and slamming his fist on the desk in front of him) You expect me to agree to such a ludacris and fantasy like project again?!?! After the havoc those freaks of yours cost us last time...I will admit one thing Ms. Mansfield, you are as cocky and arogant as ever..

Mansfield: I will admit to all of you that my project was a fail the first time out but what can we say about the wars that we have waged trying to stop the inevitable from happening..

Daniels: Ms. Mansfield!!!

Mansfield: How many KOAs to date in that little project Mr. Secretary???

Daniels: You are WAY out of line!!!

Mansfield: Please sit and let me talk Mr. Secretary..It looks like your advisors have better places to be right now then this cramped meeting room..

(Daniels looks around at his frustrated advisors and slowly sits down signalling Susan to go on)

Mansfield: Thank you, Mr. Secretary...My plan is to reopen the Guardian Angel Project..Now for those of you who don't know about my project...As you all know NASA, a little over 20 years ago, was finally able to land on Mars and make some very amazing discoveries...Discoveries that were so ground breaking, two in fact that could change the world..

Advisor: And what are we talking about Ms. Mansfield??

Mansfield: I'm glad you asked....The first is a very rare liquid based compound known as Xilithum, the other, also a liquid based compund known as Irandian...If you look in any scientists compound chart you will not find either one for they are both top-secret..What we found out about both was outstanding to say the least...(as she stares down at a certain man who she wants to listen the most) First off, when heated and then cooled again, Irandian froze and turned into a metal unlike any other metal ever seen...Indestrutible, flexible, and lightweight...But the one we focused more upon was the Xilithum, an amazing chemical that after months of examining and mixing with other compunds we found out could be injected into a living host and transform that host into something unlike anything ever seen before..Almost superhero-like steroid that clings to the cells of its host and enhances every single sense from vision to strength an estimated forty times over...

Daniels: Alright get to the point Mansfield...

Mansfield: I lead a team of scientists and used six government adopted children...Injected with Xilithum they trained from the time they could walk...

Advisor: Trained?? Trained for what??

Mansfield: Well the thing that everybody loves anymore of course...combat...By the time they reached sixteen years of age they did not let us down...Test upon unbelievable test was given and they past every one with flying colors..

Daniels: (Talking under his breath) Yeah until they went ballistic..

Mansfield: THAT is where I made the mistake...The reason those six kids went insane was because they were adopted and taken in too old...This time we need to bring in babies...I mean straight from the delivery room and make sure that they are taught nothing about feelings, jealousy, rage, envy, nothing but orders and how to take them...Quite simply put, if done right and with the right training these six "weapons" could be the savior of mankind as we know it...

Daniels: Ok...Alright....I just thought of something pretty funny...I agree to give you one more shot with this fantasy Susan...Only because if you fail again well, ha, its your a*s, not mine...And you will tell the President and his advisors you were wrong...

(All of Daniels advisors look at him in shock and disbelief)

Mansfield: (With a grin, smacking her fist off the podium and gingerly walking down off the stage) Well that was easy...(As she tries catching up to a man dressed in his general uniform, decorated with medals) Excuse me Mr. Roberts?!?!

Daniels: (Grabbing Mansfield by the arm with a big smile as she just ignores him) This is great for my career ya know...

Mansfield: (Shrugging Daniels away and catching up to the General as he turns around) General David Roberts...(Going to shake his hand) huge fan...

Roberts: (Just staring at her hand) Right...Ms. Mansfield if you know me, which I'm sure you do seeing that all you desk riding, pen pushing a******s do is get in other peoples business, whine, and complain...

Mansfield: (Shaking her head with a smirk) Perfect...

Roberts: Which brings me to my only question...Why in the hell was I invited, by you, a person I have never known, nor would ever want to know, to such a rat convention, with people I would love to see hung by the testacles..

Mansfield: (Slowly looking down and scratching her head) Right...Well..(Looking around to make sure everybody has left the room and pulling him into a seat next to her)

Roberts: What the f**k are you doing?!?!

Mansfield: (Leaning in close) General, cut the GI Joe tough guy bullshit just for one second ok...(Smiling at him)

Roberts: (Adjusting the lapels of his jacket with an angry twitch in his neck) Lady, this had better be important...

Mansfield: (Throwing her hands up in the air and laughing) Mr. Roberts...

Roberts: General...

Mansfield: (Rolling her eyes) Sorry, General, were you listening to one single word that I was saying up there??? (The whole time she is talking Roberts is staring down at his jacket) General?!?!?

Roberts: (Getting aggrivated) Yeah, I heard the stuff about Mars and the freakshow you guys have planned...Good luck with that whole venture by the way...I would love to see that prick Daniels go down hard as much as the next normal human being...

Mansfield: Good..(Putting her hand on his cheek to get his attention) cause your gonna be the teacher of that so called freakshow..

Roberts: (Scratching his inner ear with a smirk) What did you just say???

Mansfield: Yeah, thats right, the great, balls of steel, never say die, war hero himself...Ya see General, that last time we screwed up because those kids stood no chance out in the real world...

Roberts: Ok..I don't wanna hear it...Get to the point dear...

Mansfield: As you already made so abundently clear, yes I did read your dosier, and yes you do have your flaws when it comes to reckless behavior..

Roberts: (Standing up and fixing his jacket) Look, its been fun but I have to get home....I have more important things to worry about than this candyland bullshit...

Mansfield: I know about your wife...I know about...

Roberts: (Sitting back down with a smile and anger bursting through his expression) You say one more word and I will snap your f*****g neck..

Mansfield: Xilithum can fix your problem...

Roberts: (Rubbing his hand through his hair in frustraion) And you are certain on that...You can take that statement to your grave with you...

Mansfield: You have my word sir...But I need a full-on agreement that you will do your job as deemed necissary...

Roberts: And what would the job be Ms. Mansfield??

Mansfield: Taking these six babies and turning them into the most lethal weapons ever devised....I say weapons because we cannot look at them as humans...They are not to feel emotion, nor are they to know anything about it..Only that they have a job and they must do that job just as you do yours...

Roberts: (Looking down and shaking his head) Why me??

Mansfield: General, you are the deadliest soldier this military has ever seen...You have seen more action then any other man can possibly imagine...And you are the definition of a true soldier...No emotions, no regrets, no fear, just protical...

Roberts: But they are humans Ms. Mansfield...I don't care who you are, you cannot take away the emotions of a human being...

Mansfield: Maybe not all the way, but you can douse them to a calm...I need you more than you know General, just as much as you need Xilithum...

Roberts: (Shaking her hand) One condition....

Mansfield: Anything sir...

Roberts: I choose the six subjects...



© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
Tell me what you think of Roberts and Mansfield they are big parts of the story....The first appearance means everything for a character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great job. For me, the formatting makes it a little tricky to read, so maybe change that slightly, but its not a major thing. I think you have set up the characters of Roberts and Mansfield perfectly. You have done well with Mansfield, certifying her as a woman in a mans world. And Roberts is a great character to counteract her. I will definatley keep reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've read it through twice now, I like the dialogue a lot. The style is real, and it really speaks on a different level. Futuristic dystopians have been done to death but I think you breathe life into it here

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much Cole...My objective was to concentrate more on the dialog between the characters.. read more
Great job. For me, the formatting makes it a little tricky to read, so maybe change that slightly, but its not a major thing. I think you have set up the characters of Roberts and Mansfield perfectly. You have done well with Mansfield, certifying her as a woman in a mans world. And Roberts is a great character to counteract her. I will definatley keep reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
You wrote this as if it were a screenplay, kind of. Not a bad thing...just a thing. I have a feeling General Roberts is going to be my favourite character. He seems hardcore and I like that. Mansfield seems like a ‘Loskop’ (which is Afrikaans and directly translated means loose head). Someone who would misplace her head, if it wasn't connected to her body. Very interesting so far, I'm eager to see how this plays out.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much my friend...Its interesting that you say Roberts may be your favorite character... read more
Mia

11 Years Ago

I'm intrigued...can't wait to get to know her more.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012
Tags: Gaurdian Angel Project


Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing