Roberts takes the Job

Roberts takes the Job

A Chapter by Matty Bosox
"

Enjoy

"

(Mansfield reluctantly agreed to allow Roberts his choice of six distinct subjects...Unwanted pregnancies which at birth were taken in by Mansfield as part of her experiment...Taken to a secret underground facility far from civilization...From birth they would be mothered and taken care of as regular babies...Two years have past since the three boys and three girls were taken in and now it was time for General David Roberts to do his duty...Lead by six armed CIA opperatives, Roberts is escorted down a long elevator ride and across what looks like an abandoned huge metal corridor into a room where Mansfield awaits him along with the six children)

Roberts: (Looking around in amazement as the coded door opens and he looks at his weapons..Mansfiled smirking as she rubs the head of one of the girls standing next to her) Holy s**t!! This is not them...Its only been two years!!! (Kneeling and staring one of them in the face)

Mansfield: It is quite astounding...I knew growth was accelerated by the Xilithum but not this much...Our studies show that although they are two years of age, they all have the body, mentality, and physical makeup of five to six year olds..

Roberts: Incredible...(Standing up and quickly looking at Susan) So when do we get started???

Mansfield: Wow, you seem excited about this little endeavor all of a sudden...

Roberts: (Staring into the eyes of one of the little girls) Yeah, well, I guess I figured since your trying to screw Daniels I'm all in...

Mansfield: Well....Daddy...(Laughing)..Its time to give your little warriors names...

Roberts: Do they....ya know....understand...

Mansfield: They know what your saying, they understand everything, extremely smart actually...Soldiers!!! (Amazingly all of them line up and stand at attention) This is General Roberts!! He will be your commanding officer from now until the end...Is that understood???

Kids: Yes ma'am!!!

Roberts: (In a complete daze from shock at how well trained and developed they already are) This is crazy....Two year old soldiers...(Laughing as he rolls his eyes in disbelief) One question...

Mansfield: Ask away....

Roberts: This accelerated growth...are they gonna be like freakishly enormous??

Mansfield: (Laughing and shaking her head) No General, it would seem from tests that Xilithum also effects the metabolism rate which would explain the fast growth but it doesn't effect the DNA sequence past the senses of sight, reflexes, and strength...

Roberts: So the life span isn't reduced due to this rapid growth rate??

Mansfield: Not in the slightest..In fact once they reach their full growth, which we are calculating would be around the 12th birthday....So....Names??

Roberts: (Shaking his head with a smirk) Oh yeah, right, well to be honest with you, I have put alot of thought into this....Alright for the girls...(Roberts points his finger at each one in order of line) Winter, for my favorite season, Arayna, for the memory of my beautiful wife...Then (staring at the last little girl) again you have the same sparkle she had....Summer...

Mansfield: (Writing on a chart as she looks up at Roberts) Very beautiful names...and for the boys??

Roberts: (Kneeling in front of the boys and once again going down the line) Well for the boys, each one is going to be given the name of a fallen brother....We start with Mason, Sage, and last but definitly not least Faze...Strong names for strong men...Lets hope they turn out to be even half the soldiers they were..

Mansfield: (After writing on her chart she claps her hands together) Alright...my part ends now....(Without hesitation Susan starts walking out the door) They are all yours General...(Stopping and turning around, staring into his eyes with a look of pride and saluting him) Do your country proud Sir...

(With that Susan Mansfield was gone..Still watching over her project from a distance as General Roberts worked his magic...After four years of waking up at 4 in the morning and lights out at 8 at night, doing nothing but what would be punishing and intense workouts for a regular man or woman, the six slowly started molding into what not only Mansfield was looking for but also leaving General Roberts in awe.)

Its been seven years now since General David Roberts started work with the students of Gaurdian Angel and everything has gone perfect...Deep down inside the top secret bunker that they have grown up in, Roberts wakes up to his alarm, rubbing his face which hasn't been shaved in days...He gets up and slowly gets ready to wake up his students on what would be their 10th birthday..

Roberts: (Rubbing his eyes as he opens the door to the bunks and flicks on the lights) Alright kiddies!!! Time to get those legs moving and I mean a minute ago!!! (All six quickly jump out of their bunks and stand at attention...One of the girls, Arayna, stumbles just a bit..Roberts quickly runs over to her and gets in her face) Arayna!!!! What the f**k was that soldier!?!?!

Arayna: (Looking up at Roberts as he screams in her face with not even a flinch) That was a show of weakness SIR!!!!

Roberts: (Playfully slapping her face with a smile) You know what to do young lady...

Arayna: Yes Sir!!! (Quickly dropping to the ground and doing one arm push-ups, switching hands each time up)

Roberts: Well my lovely weapons it has been a glorious ten years hasn't it?!?!

Group: Yes Sir!!!!

Roberts: Alright kiddies!!! Lets start the morning with a little bit of target practice...Last time I checked it was Winter with the best score....Hittin the bull from 275 yards is gonna be hard to beat although I must say, Mason did get very close...But before that I have a little bit of a birthday gift for you...(Roberts lifts up a heavy, large, graphite chest and opens it, revealing six katana swords) Happy bday, ha....Alright each one



© 2012 Matty Bosox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
Oh my goodness! It's weird to think that these kids are weapons and not children. They've been programed to be hard working, no complaints. It is so unlike children their age. General Roberts is still my favourite. Even though he's just there to train them it's obvious he's taken a liking to them. I like that it humanizes them a little. The birthday gifts were a nice touch and I really liked the fact that they were given swords. It made it realistic. If he gave them normal toys it would have been too farfetched.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

The kids training in isolation since they were babies is really the main focus point of the whole st.. read more



Reviews

Great background to this. I think it's cool that you had Roberts name the kids. Write on!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is wonderful. :) You astound me every time I read your work, Matt. You do a lot of thinking when you put your words into action, and it shows in every detail of your writing. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you soo much Liz...I appreciate it and I hope you keep reading...I love putting detailed words.. read more
unknown

11 Years Ago

Well, it's writing like this that makes being on this site a lot more worth it. You've put writing i.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
Oh my goodness! It's weird to think that these kids are weapons and not children. They've been programed to be hard working, no complaints. It is so unlike children their age. General Roberts is still my favourite. Even though he's just there to train them it's obvious he's taken a liking to them. I like that it humanizes them a little. The birthday gifts were a nice touch and I really liked the fact that they were given swords. It made it realistic. If he gave them normal toys it would have been too farfetched.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

The kids training in isolation since they were babies is really the main focus point of the whole st.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012
Tags: Gaurdian Angel Project


Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing