My Bad Addiction

My Bad Addiction

A Poem by Matty Bosox
"

They say love is o one of the most powerful addictions....I didnt believe that junk until now.

"

Like inhaling the intoxicating smoke of a cigarette I once said I would never smoke.

Like taking that first taste of pure bitterness and saying i would never drink.

I have become a victim yet again of one of lifes bitter-sweet addictions.

You see it in movies...Projected images spinning tales of a hot pink passion.

Never would I have thought this latest addiction manifest itself in such a way.

But such is life...Suprises upon every new day and the dawning of new ways to see things.

Such is the way I look at my love...Yes....Love...Such a movie scripted word.

I love my beautiful light although she claims to dim and fade...She radiates to me.

My devil in disguise...Her wicked ways the price I pay foy my great prize.

And how cleverly ironic the sacrifices she makes to keep me...Me...Non deserving of this life.

One day soon when my wretched ways are back in order I hope to fulfill my end of the bargain.

When my pristine devil that shines so bright inside will not have to sacrifice her life to me.

Then I will say to my beautiful Brandy, mother to my child, and one who did the impossible,

making me believe in love, then I will say "Will you MarrY Me"

 

© 2013 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
I do believe in a thing called love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very honest and soulful,,,
It has an edge to it that draws me in and makes that smile, slowly spreading, lighting up my face as I read this great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Poignant and touching, almost reads like poetry, There is great symbolism here as well. A sweet sonnet to Brandy...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes Virginia there is a feeling called love.....Everybody reading this who have sent me their work to review PLEASE know I am not avoiding it...You who know me know I love giving reviews....It just takes too long to type on an xbox lol...Once I get another cpu then all shall be reviewed properly...Thank u 4 patience...



Posted 11 Years Ago


Awww Matty. This is simply sublime. So full of emotion and i think the structure and, almost free verse, way you have written this really helps convey the emotions you feel. I believe in a thing called love to, but I just wish I had a guy in my life who felt this way about me and I him. Anyway, simply beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
5 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: love addiction

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing
The Prologue The Prologue

A Chapter by Matty Bosox