no more

no more

A Poem by Maumil Mehraj
"

My friend wrote it

"
May dreams be brought that I might reach...
The gentle strains of midnight speech....
And frozen stars that gild the forest floor....
and this is where I want to be no more.....

© 2015 Maumil Mehraj


Author's Note

Maumil Mehraj
So this is a piece that my friend wrote and he would like to know what you think of it...please do review. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In my opinion Maumil its a lovely piece, the first line takes me to a land i often dream of, it does not exist but its in my head and that's what counts, the second line has me thinking of laying in bed at night and just whispering to a loved one of everything and anything, those frozen stars on the forest floor its the imagination in this that stretches my imagination and i love that feeling, this is where i want to be no more, indeed i don't, i want to be in that forest in my head that does not exist but is beautiful to see, so here we have four lines that create a magical story, i would tell your friend to continue writing as soon as possible for he/she has a gift to give us, thank you Maumil :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much Richard for the beautiful review you left...he would be very pleased :)
R Smith

8 Years Ago

you are very welcome Maumil :)



Reviews

I like the short and strong statements. Took the reader on a journey. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I wish more people wrote like this. It is beautiful and can be brought to life differently in the mind of each reader. I am curious as to what your friend was thinking as he wrote it. Truly amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a deep piece with a lot of possible interpretations. Honestly, I had to read this thrice to come to a conclusion because the last line leaves the piece completely open to one's imaginative capabilities. I loved the piece totally because of the multiple possibilities of understanding it. The piece has a great romantic feeling to it. I totally connect to this beautiful place your friend is talking about and needless to say I'm head over heels in love with it. :) The description is absolutely spot on. I felt each and every word and tha is a great quality in a poet. Tell him he's amazing and to keep up e good work. Best wishes. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very enchanting, profound piece, where mind travels to incredible lengths....Bravo :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


bahot khoob apne friend ko kahiyega......likhna jaari rakhein.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

Thanks! Zaroor kahungi
sapna sagar

8 Years Ago

ek baat or aap bahot achha or creative likhti hain....
Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

Hahaa! Shukriya...aap bhi
Its beautiful and short but still beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading :) I appreciate!
It is a good piece... definitely a deep thought by your friend. I enjoyed it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

I enjoyed it too. Thanks for stopping by, Aaron :)
froze,forest,stars and dreams,you done a great write

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

My friend was the writer here. Thanks for reviewing :)
your friend wrote it well:) like you......
wish he/she would've joined this group of writers

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

I've been telling him that,Rajat. I'll convey your word, thanks!
Rajat malik

8 Years Ago

Hmmm.....you are welcome
I thought it was very lovely. The illustrations used are great, and not over the top.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maumil Mehraj

8 Years Ago

I thought the same. Many thanks for leaving the review Marcel. Much appreciated!
Marcel Grant

8 Years Ago

You got it B)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015

Author

Maumil Mehraj
Maumil Mehraj

srinagar, kashmir, India



About
Hi! I am a 17 year old girl who likes to write. I am in grade 11 ( the system varies from country to country, but anyways). My favorite writers would be Shakespeare, W.B. Yeats, Emily Dickinson, Sylvi.. more..

Writing
HER HER

A Poem by Maumil Mehraj


Home Home

A Poem by Maumil Mehraj



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Tapers" "Tapers"

A Poem by Valentine