Chapter 2: Friend YES/NO

Chapter 2: Friend YES/NO

A Chapter by MaX16
"

Who cares

"

"I don't care," I say looking out the window to the trees below me and think about jumping. The sky is gray and dark as rain wants to fall.

"Samantha-" My teacher tries to get me to answer a simple math equation.

“I said I don't care," I say taking my eyes form the window to glare daggers at my teacher. I don't take my eyes off her, not that she can see my eyes from behind my shades.

She clears her throat like she has something stuck in it, and says, "Well, anyone else has the answer?" The eyes that were on me were now on the black board, and I went back to starring out the window. The bell rings loudly, and everyone grabs their things talking and chattering with each other as they leave. I try to ignore all of the gossip the girls are doing in the hall way as I walk by without a book bag or text books. I haven't taken notes in any of my classes since the 3rd grade, but I've still got A's in all my classes, and I've got a 5.0 GPA in junior year of high school. I never try in school, but I always seem to get an A after every year without ever doing homework or participating in classes.

So as I walk the halls, I hear the gossip from the girls and the guys in the school.

"She thinks she's all that..."

"Did you hear, she has A's in ALL her classes?"

"What a b***h-"

"I heard her parents are both like into drugs!"

None of these seem to matter to me... except of one.

"Dude, did you hear? She's like going to drop dead out of nowhere!" They laughed at that. They thought that I was a fake. That I was just trying to cause drama like every other girl in the school, but of course I can't tell them that they're wrong. They wouldn't believe me.

At the end of the day, I left school, leaving the gossip, girls, boys, homework, and teachers behind me. I headed to a park a couple miles away.

When I got there, there was a car with tinned back windows, and two guys in the car. I came up and tapped twice on the window. The window came down just the slightest, and one of the guys asked, "Got the money?"

I nodded and handed him a wad of cash. I saw him adding up the money and nodded to his friend. He handed me a small bag, and sped off down the street. I stuffed the bag into my pocket. It just started to rain, and I put my hoodie over my black long hair leaving the park.

I walked a couple more miles towards the sound of loud pumping music. I walked into the club and went behind the bar.

"Hey Sam," Jasper came from the front door. He was the DJ in the club, and he gave me a look. "Did you start my DJ mix without me?" Did I mention he LOVES his music?

"Nope," I said taking off my jacket and stuffing it under the counter of the bar, "but I bet I know who did." I pointed to Nick who was looking around like he was just standing there.

Jasper winked at me and went to Nick who good sense anger in his brothers eyes. "Hey bro..." He said looking at me and said, "Thanks a lot Sam! Now I'm dead!"

"Don't bring Sam into this. She did the right thing by telling me!" Jasper said going at his brother. They wrestled for awhile and got bored pretty quickly when Nick gave up.

I had set up the bar and was now ready for opening. Our manager came out of his office ready to open the club. "Sam, Jasper, Nick! Get your asses here now!" He yelled. We gathered around the bar and waited for him to speak. "Tonight’s going to be big. We've got to get pumped and ready. There will be a band here around 11. Until then Jasper you can be DJ." Like Jasper would do anything else. "Nick your on tables, and Sam’s on bar. Everyone ready," He clapped his hands together and turned on the light to the club.

When the club sign was on for not two seconds, the place was already to the max. Around 11:30 the band still hasn't shown up and the crowed was getting angry fast. "Jasper!" out manager screamed. "Play something!" The music and lights went up a notch.

I looked at the door to see four guys come in. They all looked about my age maybe older. One of them came over to the bar and signaled me. I walked over in no rush and asked, "Can I get you anything?" I noticed that he was wearing all black and had the same shades as me on even if it was dark in the club.

"Yeah," He said his voice deep and quick giving me a smile, "where's Mitch?" (Our manager)

I made a face that made the guy change his expression and yelled through the crowed "Mitch!" He finally came through the crowed and looked at the boy.

"Finally, where the hell have you been," Mitch said his voice angry but his eyes soft.

"Sorry, Uncle, flight was late, but were here now, where the stage?"

"Right over there!" Mitch pointed and then tugged the boy like a rag doll to the center of the room. In the mic he said, "Ladies and germs (so lame) please welcome Ty and his crew!" The entire club exploded in cheers as Ty and the other three guys went to the stage. The played every type of metal and rock music you could think of, and by time 3am rolled around the club was empty except for Jasper, Nick, Ty and his posy, Mitch and me.

"That was one GREAT night for business!" Mitch said satisfied and then looked at Ty. "It's good to see you again!" They did this guy hug and then turned to the group. "Ok guys, this is my nephew, Ty. He and his band will be working here from now on, until they graduate next year."

"OHH yay. We got ourselves another high schooler!" Nick said teasing them and me.

Ty looked confused as he took off his shades to show his blue eyes. "Are you in high school?" he asked Jasper. Jasper looked offensive as he shook his head and pointed to me.

"No man. She is though, which brings this question up again. Why do we have an underage person working the bar?" Mitch ignores his question and looks at Ty whose eyeing me.

"Ok everyone. Great work tonight I'll see everyone here tomorrow; you don't have to be here till 7 though. We’re going to open a little later tomorrow night." Mitch tells us as he hands us all a wad of cash and leaves.

Jasper and Nick spend no time picking their things and leaving. "Sam needs a ride?" Nick calls from the door.

"Nah I'm good," I call as I sit at the bar with my computer out. "I'm going to stay a bit longer, and then lock up. See yeah tomorrow!" He leaves waving and I'm left in the club with Ty and his 'crew'.

I keep my eyes on the computer screen as I hear Ty say, "I'll catch up with you guys later."

I look up from my computer to see Ty walking towards me and sit down on a stool next to me. He waited for me to say something, but when I just went back to my computer he said, "What grade?"

"What?" I ask looking up.

"I asked what grade?"

"11th," I say.

"Same here," I try to ignore him, but it doesn't look like he'll be moving anytime soon.

I sigh and look up from what I was doing and asked, "What do you want?" I really didn't want to talk with him or anyone else right now.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked trying to peer over the screen.

"None of your business," I snapped and closed my laptop with a slam. What is this guy’s deal? No one ever talks to me. Well besides Jasper, Nick, and Mitch.



© 2013 MaX16


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013
Tags: romance, fighting, abuse, death, trips, adventure, drugs, drinking, band
Previous Versions