definition

definition

A Poem by MarchAprilMayJuneJuly

            Love is standing at one end of the harbor flaming an illuminated candle in response to the tickles of a lit cigarette. Love went to the pharmacy last night, despite the roaring winds cracking down on human moisture - to prepare a survival kit for our midnight appearance. Though she is always on time at the strike of midnight, bundled in quilts and locks of obedience, waiting for me to give her a flame of my own concurrence - I do not show. Maybe its because the weather nipped me too cold this time, or maybe I didn’t take the time to buy a candle, or maybe the shock of her faithfulness would hit me too hard.

 

            Knowing deep inside she just wants to know I’m there; I take a stroll on my porch and watch her vigilance from yards away. If I were to light a candle too - a beam of understanding would pass between us but I am far too cruel for that. You see, Love will remain there and will stay faithful but it’s not up to Love; it is up to the two-way street between us - and whether or not it looks the same on either side.

© 2012 MarchAprilMayJuneJuly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the eloquent flow and sensory details

Posted 10 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2012