Child's Play

Child's Play

A Poem by Maya
"

Sorting out my feelings at 3am

"
My inner child plays
In the sand box of my mind
Sifting memories 
I hold her, remember

© 2017 Maya


Author's Note

Maya
Please let me know what you hink

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
That's a proper one to say...our inner soul can still make a journey to the past even if the body can't!
Great read☺

Posted 5 Years Ago


pretty little poem :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hey, really awesome! 'My inner child plays, in the sandbox of my mind'- beautiful lines and splendid imagination. You did it, Maya!

Posted 8 Years Ago


This poem reminds me a lot of Jungian psychology, specifically his archetypes. One of his common archetypes was the child, the eternal innocent who lives in a paradise of potential, which definitely sounds like the inner child and the sandbox you're describing. Part of psychology is development, but that also requires remembering and learning from past events and self forms. 'Sifting through memories' and 'I hold her, remember' speak to me of these things. You've crafted a very Jungian poem here, I dunno if that was your intent, but you did it and I enjoyed it very much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


At first I though this is just a good poem..But when I read it again, wow....the simplicity with which you have expressed your ideas is awesome...keep up the good work...I am also a beginner in poetry..If you find time , please review my poems too...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very nice use of words. Left the reader with something to think about. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well, you are in the realm of thoughts within the mind that I seem to travel. I like this. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

499 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 31, 2016
Last Updated on February 18, 2017